Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt.

Heard over the weekend from someone who knows things that Benny will "be back by Colgate"

Haven't been told anything different since.
Maybe it would be better for Benny to take time off and get himself right.
He has his life ahead of him and right now basketball should be an afterthought.

I didn't mean to come off as combative, but I just don't get why everyone thinks Bell should be the starter. I don't see it.

It's potential still. He can get white hot, but you're right, he doesn't do enough other things consistently, and probably would be best used off the bench, as an instant-offense kind of guy.

I completely believe this.

I used to be an academic advisor in the UVa athletic department and was mostly counseling football players but also wrestlers and tennis players.

One thing I can tell you firsthand is that being a college athlete at the D1 (or any!) level is extremely difficult.

Think back to your maturity level and ups and downs at that age and then add on the incredibly demanding practice, travel, and performance demands.

The guys I counseled had literally NO time to themselves. They had to wake up early and went to bed late and inbetween was crammed with classes, trying to study, practices, games AND having to spend 3-4 hours with me every week to help keep them on track. And it was not just academic work I helped them with, it was life.

Let’s try to avoid criticizing the character of our players. I know this is an Internet forum and we have the right to do so, but let’s also understand the incredible demands on them as well.
Sounds about right for a D1 athlete. An ex girlfriend played for SU tennis team a few years ago and I still don't know how she managed to get everything done on a daily basis.

And this goes for any D1 athlete in any sport. Everyday was crammed.

It's potential still. He can get white hot, but you're right, he doesn't do enough other things consistently, and probably would be best used off the bench, as an instant-offense kind of guy.

He needs to start making the most of this opportunity. Tonight would be as good as any night to bury some open 3s and help the team get off to a good start.

Maybe it would be better for Benny to take time off and get himself right.
He has his life ahead of him and right now basketball should be an afterthought.

Didn't sound like anything too serious. Like people have been speculating, immaturity.

Hopefully he learns from it.

Didn't sound like anything too serious. Like people have been speculating, immaturity.

Hopefully he learns from it.

Let's just say that if other guys play better than you, they're going to play. You had better get used to that. Your choice is to do better, or be a good teammate if someone else is helping the team more than you. And then use that for your motivation to do better, to work harder and to BE better.

WSYR TV said that Benny will not play tonight.

I didn't say it...we'll see.

Bell should not start.

I think the other guys have to beat him out. Right now, we need his 3 point shooting too much. He needs a handful of games to see what he can do. He's the kind of guy who might get us 15-20 points in a game if he gets hot. I think he gets until Maui to show he can be consistent. If he can't, then if it's me who was coach, it would be Maliq Brown and Justin Taylor starting, if Bell cannot win the job outright in the next few games.

4 game suspension doesn’t exactly scream “not a big deal” so I don’t think it’s unfair to think it’s a little worse then being late to a team meeting or the like

I haven't seen "4 games" anywhere yet. You got a source for that? If it's internal, you don't have to say, of course.

Need to have all our guys back off from suspension SEC style for the rivalry with Colgate now
Yup, can't afford to get blown out by our top rival three years in a row, or Red's job might be in jeopardy.

Yup, can't afford to get blown out by our top rival three years in a row, or Red's job might be in jeopardy.

It would be only one year as head coach for Red.

It would be only one year as head coach for Red.
over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

I haven't seen "4 games" anywhere yet. You got a source for that? If it's internal, you don't have to say, of course.
Well, he didn’t play in the exhibitions and he didn’t play against UNH or Cansius. Correct me if my math is off but that is 4 games.

I swear, the producer must not know where the buttons are on the production console. He ran the Taco Time graphic for literally 10 seconds while we missed an entire play in the other direction.

I swear, the producer must not know where the buttons are on the production console. He ran the Taco Time graphic for literally 10 seconds while we missed an entire play in the other direction.
I gave up on the video for a long time in the middle of the game, it was just terrible. The audio not matching the video wasn't the worst of it.

Well, he didn’t play in the exhibitions and he didn’t play against UNH or Cansius. Correct me if my math is off but that is 4 games.

He played the first exhibition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom