Benny vs Quincy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Benny vs Quincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen Benny play one single d1 game. Has anyone else?
so true. this board loves to anoint highly-rated incoming high school players as the next All-Americans, one and dones, 1st round NBA draft picks and college superstars. It never happens outside of Melo. We overrate them and set the expectations too high. People were saying the same thing about Oshae Brissett and Quincy before they hit the floor for SYR. I think the goal for Bennie should be all rookie team in the ACC.

The Magic Johnson comp has now been added to the long list of awful comps on this board.
So now we're equating observations of commonalities--devoid of hype or emotion--with over-the-top excitement characteristic of the ill-informed?

Where does this tendency to straw-man good faith observers come from?

So now we're equating observations of commonalities--devoid of hype or emotion--with over-the-top excitement characteristic of the ill-informed?

shocked douwe bob GIF by Universal Music

From what I've read, he'll be the best player on the team, bar none, and it's even conceivable that you could see him play at the PG position, since he was one of those point guards who Grew Up. If you look at his IMG vids, he's usually at the top of the key...
Lmao

Lmao

Still on your mission to imply your own Galaxy Brain basketball knowledge by misrepresenting other fans' opinions?

Here's what else I said after mentioning reports that suggested optimism re: Benny's abilities...

It seems a certainty that Boeheim does not know yet how he's gonna use Benny in his overall offensive scheme. Point Forward, Point Guard, who the hell knows at this point? Surely not even Boeheim.

My only point in mentioning his complete skill set is to point out that PG is one of the possible positions we'll see him performing at, though that seems less likely now that a back up for Joe is on the roster.

And no, I haven't heard anyone say, "He could be the next Magic Johnson!" I'm just saying that--like EJ--he has demonstrated a broad skill set up to and including those of a Point Guard, and that gives us good reason to hope that he'll be a very powerful weapon for Boeheim's team next season...

So now [you're] equating observations of commonalities--devoid of hype or emotion--with over-the-top excitement characteristic of the ill-informed?

Please continue to reveal your dark side...

Still on your mission to imply your own Galaxy Brain basketball knowledge by misrepresenting other fans' opinions?

Here's what else I said after mentioning reports that suggested optimism re: Benny's abilities...

Please continue to reveal your dark side...
You’re the only person who say that thought he could play point guard on the planet. One of the worst takes in the history of the board. It literally has no backing to it and makes zero sense.

Just because nobody is dumb enough to believe that a 6’9” forward is going to play point guard except for you doesn’t mean we’re not optimistic about Benny. I actually don’t know anyone who wasn’t optimistic about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom