Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

connecting the dots - might have been pushing behind the scenes for guys to just play how they want and not buy in, they have definitely bought in more since he left...at least on offense (on defense, they are missing his size, imo)

...maybe even trying to break down JTs confidence so he could get his starting spot back? total speculation - but its knda odd how the guy who was starting over benny has had his confidence totally collapse this season and seems to be slowly getting it back as benny has faded into the distance...

whatever the case, im thinking red going so strong to support and start JT has something to do with the benny situation - JT shows up everyday, Benny didnt etc

its kinda weird how red leads every presser with JT - when JT is not close to being one of the better players on the team.

He starts with that because JT is now the most criticized player on the team - as Benny once was.

JT works as hard as anyone on that five. And, he doesn't make dumb mistakes that others do. Red will continue to encourage him because he is a big strong guy that will start to score at some point. Besides, who are you going to start ahead of him? Q?? too much of a wild card still. Maybe next year.
i would 100% start q ahead of taylor...i think the only reason red doesnt because he wants someone strong off the bench a la dion waiters...without q on the bench he'd have no one to turn to impact the game

yeah next year.

taylor cant be the power forward. at all...and he wont be the small forward, either. or the backup small forward. he could, if he so desired, be the 3rd string small forward, imo

but why would he want that?

this team has been playing their PF at Center...and 2 small forwards instead of a PF and SF...which has cost the team games...not having an actual power forward to play has been bad. and center as well...its cost the team.

JT works as hard as anyone on that five. And, he doesn't make dumb mistakes that others do. Red will continue to encourage him because he is a big strong guy that will start to score at some point. Besides, who are you going to start ahead of him? Q?? too much of a wild card still. Maybe next year.
Yes, Q.

All I know is that I’ve seen enough to know that JJ isn’t a starting PG at this level.

Think we end up rolling with a transfer PG /Q at the point.

If I had to guess….

PG-Portal will get the most minutes. Q could be token starter to appease him.
2G - JJ
SF- Bell if he’s back. Q if he’s not
SF- Freeman
C- Maliq - which concerns me.

Bench -Westry/Moore/Mcleod/Cuffe

Have a feeling either Bell or Taylor portals.
I think we pick up a stretch “4” in the portal to go along with a PG.

Not sure what Carey does, but frankly I’d rather keep him. Mcleod’s health worries me. And I’d rather Brown get more minutes at the 4.

Hima Judah are gone for sure as well as either Bell or Taylor.

Bell would be unwise to portal. He’s started here for two years and he knows exactly what the expectations are. He’s been able to play through playing poor defense. He’s now expanding his entire game and showing improvement. There’s no guarantees if another school will be as patient.

connecting the dots - might have been pushing behind the scenes for guys to just play how they want and not buy in, they have definitely bought in more since he left...at least on offense (on defense, they are missing his size, imo)

...maybe even trying to break down JTs confidence so he could get his starting spot back? total speculation - but its knda odd how the guy who was starting over benny has had his confidence totally collapse this season and seems to be slowly getting it back as benny has faded into the distance...

whatever the case, im thinking red going so strong to support and start JT has something to do with the benny situation - JT shows up everyday, Benny didnt etc

its kinda weird how red leads every presser with JT - when JT is not close to being one of the better players on the team.
Listened to yesterday’s presser and JT was mentioned - but last.

All I know is that I’ve seen enough to know that JJ isn’t a starting PG at this level.

If I had to guess….

2G - JJ
SF- Freeman

Not sure what Carey does, but frankly I’d rather keep him. Mcleod’s health worries me. And I’d rather Brown get more minutes at the 4.

Is Copeland planning to come back? I was worried if Judah leaves and we get a portal pg that Cope would leave.

Bell would be unwise to portal. He’s started here for two years and he knows exactly what the expectations are. He’s been able to play through playing poor defense. He’s now expanding his entire game and showing improvement. There’s no guarantees if another school will be as patient.
$$$$$

Let's just say hypothetically he does portal out.

He would portal in somewhere as one of the most in-demand shooters in college basketball.

There's nothing for another school to be patient about.

Listened to yesterday’s presser and JT was mentioned - but last.
in the tv broadcast interview before the presser he only mentioned JT...before talking about anything else - it was honestly weird

It’s to tell the fans why a coach might start a guy who has lost his shot. It’s to tell fans who only see highlight plays that “lunch pail” players who play hard, play smart, and know where to be, have value to a team and the fans better support him as much as they support the other guys.

It’s to tell the fans why a coach might start a guy who has lost his shot. It’s to tell fans who only see highlight plays that “lunch pail” players who play hard, play smart, and know where to be, have value to a team and the fans better support him as much as they support the other guys.
hmm yeah ...the more i think about it...the more it makes sense to me that JT might have some awkward thoughts around the benny situation and that could possibly be where the whole losing his game thing came from...if not that there wasnt actual outright conflict between the two...would also help explain why red has been going to bat for him so much lately as well.

but then again JT and Benny could have a great relationship idk...just speculating

it is weird to me how much JT's game has changed...esp in terms of his shot. its bizarre.

If I had to guess….

2G - JJ
SF- Freeman

I am more or less right with you. The only difference is I don't think Maliq starts at center. I guess it is hopeful thinking. I would rather Freeman come off the bench-he is just a freshman and I would rather him get comfortable without all the pressure. Plus I am really curious of what Maliq has for a shot in the 14-18 ft range. I love Q coming off the bench, but would be okay with him starting at pg. I think Bell will be back knowing he will get the ball more without Judah there. Taylor is the odd man out. As much as I love the guy, I think he would be much better off going to an AAC or such conference. That is just for his own peace of mind. If GMAC honestly thought he could get some mechanics built back in over the summer I would be okay with keeping him, but Freeman squeezes him out right now.

If I had to guess….

2G - JJ
SF- Freeman

I love Maliq as everyone knows.

If Red is planning on him being the five, they have to get Maliq to have his core built like a Mack truck.

I think Q can be a lead ball handler. I truly do. But we would still need a secondary guy ready to go if we don’t get a front line lead guy.

If I had to guess….

2G - JJ
SF- Freeman

Whatever line up we go with, needs to include a lot of minutes for Cope (more than he's getting this year).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom