Benny | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what kind of NIL Benny earns but it brings up a question in my mind. This isn't directed at Benny necessarily, but are NIL deals ever structured in a way where if a kid implodes and fights with teammates, breaks team rules, and other such things, the NIL dollars shrink or go away? If not, they certainly should.

I have no idea what kind of NIL Benny earns but it brings up a question in my mind. This isn't directed at Benny necessarily, but are NIL deals ever structured in a way where if a kid implodes and fights with teammates, breaks team rules, and other such things, the NIL dollars shrink or go away? If not, they certainly should.
I think of NIL is based on performance, it's called pay for play. That's supposedly illegal.

Nope. NIL is not remotely related to your attitude or on court performance, it's designed that way so the sport can still maintain an illusion of amateurism.

You can be sitting on the bench all year, due to bad efforts in practice, and still appears in used car commercials or sign autographs at LA Fitness. It will however diminish your NIL deal next year if your NIL shrinks to nil.

This year he gets put in and just chucks it, don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this at this level.
i thought that was by-design...crazy if it isn't

he must be really pissed about something

He's not the basketball player everyone thought he'd be.

He's a Junior. We're past the point of a laundry list of things he needs to do to get better. He can't or won't do them.

Big swing and miss. It happens. It sucks when it happens to your program.

Also he doesn't seem to have his head on straight.

Prolly best for everyone for him to portal and I am sure he could use a fresh start somewhere else to try and ressurect his career. He's clearly not going to do that here.
what if he kills at his next school, though??

would be incredible to see...

i wish him the best

There isn’t a reason NIL deals couldn’t/wouldn’t have the typically ‘morality’ type of clauses common in contracts professional athletes sign. If a video of you kicking puppies goes viral, the company you signed with can usually void the contract. If Benny is doing commercials for a car dealer, they can probably get out of the deal if he’s misbehaving. What kind of misbehavior counts would be the question.

18e1b8f57f57aae5bbe7275c9fb16aff.gif

benny.jpg

Are all the players there? I’m watching it right now and there’s only 5 players.

From CST: Come sit in on a Syracuse men's basketball Q&A with Coach Red Autry, Chris Bell, JJ Starling, Maliq Brown, Justin Taylor, and Kyle Cuffe!

So Benny and Judah are in the same doghouse. :D :):cool::p:rolleyes:

what if he kills at his next school, though??

would be incredible to see...

i wish him the best

Like JGIII ?? Anything is possible.

I don't wish him any ill will.

From CST: Come sit in on a Syracuse men's basketball Q&A with Coach Red Autry, Chris Bell, JJ Starling, Maliq Brown, Justin Taylor, and Kyle Cuffe!

So Benny and Judah are in the same doghouse. :D :):cool::p:rolleyes:

That’s the 5. Unless there’s other events there.

Benny is
  • 8th in mins / game, points / game, steals / game
  • 7th in ribs / game, TOs / game
  • 5th in assists/ game
  • 2nd in blocks / game
Underwhelming for sure, but a case here for being part of an 8-9 person rotation.

If this latest event is about a minor issue, I hope he's back after time served. If this is just Red giving him some tough love, I hope it works. Doesn't seem to be, but why quit on him now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom