Bernie: Say it Ain't So... | Syracusefan.com

Bernie: Say it Ain't So...

arbitragegls

All Conference
...with all going on around us...including PSU...Bernie Fine must make a statement...and that statement needs to be truthful and unequivacle...he can say:
1. I did none of this
2. I did this and will accept my punishment

...there is nothing else to do...after being at 'Cuse so long...he needs to make his statement and if necessary spare the university any more negativity...if he did not...we all support him 100% and will protect his reputation and go after these accusers...and take any and all legal action to cause ruin to their lives

I think I'll go with option 1, thank you very much. No way his lawyers let him choose option 2.

#2 ain't gonna happen ... and he will not resign. He can't. A resignation ... even for the sake of SU ... would be seen as an admission of guilt. Unfortunately he will probably resign afterwards ... innocent or guilty ... b/c he will always be guilty ... innocent or guilty.

I think I'll go with option 1, thank you very much. No way his lawyers let him choose option 2.
Yes, but failure on his part not to comment also should not imply guilt. His lawyer would probably not want him commenting at all.

...point is why make all of 'Cuse be torn apart by this...if guilty there is no way out...and if not..spare us all so we can fight the fight for right...not end up wrong in the end...this is as black and white as a charge can be...he either did it or not...no grey area

...with all going on around us...including PSU...Bernie Fine must make a statement...and that statement needs to be truthful and unequivacle...he can say:
1. I did none of this
2. I did this and will accept my punishment

...there is nothing else to do...after being at 'Cuse so long...he needs to make his statement and if necessary spare the university any more negativity...if he did not...we all support him 100% and will protect his reputation and go after these accusers...and take any and all legal action to cause ruin to their lives

Not likely. In the 35 years he's been a part of the program, I can count on one hand the number of times he's given an interview or made a public statement of some sort. The guy clearly avoids interacting with the press, this probably isn't the time for him to change his stripes because he's probably not going to be very good at it.

And do you actually believe that the media will ask unbiased questions? They are like vultures fighting over the bones of a carcass. They are not looking for reality or truth ... they are looking for substantiation and justification for continuing the story. BTW I hope all of you that are matriculated and graduated from Newhouse learn some form of journalistic ethic and morality. Investigate. Get the facts. Do backgrounds. Don't just go for the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom