Best cover versions of a song | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Best cover versions of a song

I assume that anyone who prefers Springsteen’s Blinded by the Light over the Manfred Mann version is an undercover cop.

Beyond the Yellow Brick Road by Sara Bareilles. She completely owns her version and it soars.

Holy crap, she changed that song forever. Amazing.

That Blue Monday cover is a really good call.

Here's my vote:

Yeah, Johnny Cash owning this. Trent Reznor's was amazing with NIN, but JC made this his story. It doesn't happen often, but when a cover hits the emotions even harder than the original and it sounds authentic, it is crazy powerful.

This is a good one:

Nice cut, never heard that before. (Still think it's got nothing on George, obv.) I think my cousin's husband might be playing on that one, not sure. He's been on her last two tours and her Broadway residency a couple years ago.

I actually prefer the Tears for Fears version, but because of Donnie Darko I think this one may be more popular.....you can't really dance to Gary Jules' version. :)

Taking it in a sort of weird direction but a cover is a cover. Does anyone else remember at some point in the mid 90s a bunch of rock bands did covers of classic cartoons opening themes? It was called Saturday Morning Cartoons’ Greatest Hits. The Ramones did a cover of the Spider-Man theme song, Sublime did a cover of Hong Kong Phooey, Violent Femmes did some Jetsons song and so on. I was probably 11 or 12 and loved it even though I was too young to know half the cartoons. That’s how I discovered the band Helmet who did a cover of Gigantor. Solid band who I still listen to today. Original and cover included for your listening pleasure. (Weird Drew Barrymore cameo included)

Helmet Gigantor

Pretty dated now, but was a pretty radical take on PE's version at the time...

This is one of the best covers. They play it true to the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom