Best cuse game ever that you attended in person? | Syracusefan.com

Best cuse game ever that you attended in person?

Probably
Missiouri on my birthday Jan 13, 2003.

Really enjoyed ND 2005 -record breaking crowd.
Just got out of basic training, got in some trouble for skipping my ride to fort drum to go to the game,
spend 2 nights at the syracuse airport, took a taxi back and forth from the game spend 2-3 hours on campus before game and only got a week of extra duties
biggrin.png
Good times.

Every win over GTown, including Pearl's shot over Jackson, Billy Owens' two free throws to force OT, etc.

An underrated game was the home win over UK back in 1994 when Pitino brought Rodrick Rhodes to town. It was televised all over the world as the lead in to the Winter Olympic opening ceremonies coverage. SU had to fight back to force OT and then destroyed UK in OT. The Dome was amazing that day.

February 1, 2003 SU v. Pitt.

SU trailed by 13
SU was unranked against #2 in the nation
Huge crazy crowd
McNeils FT
Multiple Court Stormings
Potential full court heave to lose
SUs 14th straight home W

All led to the next two months of the greatest stretch of SU basketball.

Beating Wisconsin in 2012 in Boston 64-63

haha the first game that came to mind when i read this subject...wisconsin sweet 16. i was literally speechless when the buzzer sounded. i didnt cheer. i didnt scream. i didnt move. it took me at least 5 seconds to have a reaction. no foul? is it really over? did we really just survive that 3 point barrage? that was my first ever ncaa tourny game i saw live and im not sure it will be topped unless i make it to a final 4. ill never forget td garden being completely silent during that last possession.

great question.

Either Gmacs late three to beat Notre Dame in 2003 or the entire Big East tournament run in 2005 (year before Macs heroics but a Syracuse title non the less) specifically beating UConn in the semifinals after we went 0-2 against them that year.

The Villanova game that set the attendance record several years ago. After the game there was ice going down those steep crouse steps and it was just a crazy, crazy scene of delirious, some pretty toasted people sliding, falling, and all very very happy.

haha the first game that came to mind when i read this subject...wisconsin sweet 16. i was literally speechless when the buzzer sounded. i didnt cheer. i didnt scream. i didnt move. it took me at least 5 seconds to have a reaction. no foul? is it really over? did we really just survive that 3 point barrage? that was my first ever ncaa tourny game i saw live and im not sure it will be topped unless i make it to a final 4. ill never forget td garden being completely silent during that last possession.

great question.
that game was insane, I was siting right behind Mrs. Hopkins, and next to the team dentist, when Joseph missed the free throw, i was like, omg, shaking and everything, I still remember hugging the team dentist, amazing night. I was also at the Michigan game in Atlanta and Oklahoma and Ohio state, both Vermont games, , Kansas State, Gonzaga. I tell people, if u get a chance go to ncaa game, nothing like it. Wisconson though, epic

SU trailed by 13
Huge crazy crowd
McNeils FT
Multiple Court Stormings
SUs 14th straight home W

that was my best dome game ever

SU trailed by 13
Huge crazy crowd
McNeils FT
Multiple Court Stormings
SUs 14th straight home W

McNeil's tip-in is the loudest eruption I have ever heard at a Dome basketball game.

SU trailed by 13
Huge crazy crowd
McNeils FT
Multiple Court Stormings
SUs 14th straight home W

This. If I recall, 'zona was the then #1 team and had lost, so Pitt would have taken down the top spot.

F them!

that 96 georgia game must have been nuts I imagine the Miss state 96 game must have been awesome also. That whole 02-03 tournament outside of Manhattan, Oklahoma and Oklahoma state must have been nuts. That team made it tight but had crazy swag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom