Best cuse game ever that you attended in person? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Best cuse game ever that you attended in person?

Mine is that Kansas game also! And I would say 50 is a very accurate estimate for that "neutral" court game

My sister and I moved down right behind the SU section for the second half. I was dialed right into the action, but my sister was endlessly amused by how hyped George Hicker got every time something good happened.

I think the most exiting game I saw live was a 108-95 defeat of UConn in the 1995 regular season. I do recall one Ray Allen had a pretty impressive drive down the lane and dunk and I distinctly remember turning to my buddy and saying "that guys pretty good"

Other games I liked I go with roadies. @NCSt. because they came WAAY back and thought they were going to beat us then Scoop bombed on em.

the 2004 @ Notre Dame where Billy E passed it to himself off of Chris Thomas' backside and our contingent chanted "WAL-ter REY-es" to the chagrin of the Irish homers

2008 @Memphis where Jonny Flynn had 15 of our first 17 points and wecame storming back. Frosh KJo had back to back 3's where we grabbed the lead.

The Melo-less game @ UC where Scoop killed ém again. That was more because I was buried in the UC student section.

The real best one though was the 76-75 defeat of the fightin' Izzo's on 2-23-03. It was after that game and seeing their glass basketball that SU should have prevented them from getting in 2000 that I had this oida in my heart that Syracuse was going to WTWFT that year.

How could I forget the Memphis game?! That was a great time. Hak's tip of the hat to us rabid SU fans in the upper deck after the game was awesome.

The other game I forgot was the SU/ND game from 2005 when GameDay was there, the previous record attendance before the Nova game. Digger got heckled for wearing his green tie and had to reluctantly wear the orange one in the post game after we fans shamed him relentlessly. This was the game where GMac got whistled for questionable foul and fouled out. As he was sitting with Hak waiting to go on air with the crew I yelled down and said "Hey Gerry, that foul was bull***t!". He turned, looked up at me and said "Yeah it was!". And then there was the guy who yelled down "Hey Hak, dunk on Digger!". Hak gave a big smile and Bilas had a hearty chuckle.

EDIT: I also need to add Pearl's BC thriller and the St. John's game in 1985 when the mascot head was whisked out of the Carrier Dome mid game.

Toss up between:
2004: Against UConn on Jeremy McNeil's Senior Day
2010: 34,616 game against Villanova

There are too many for me to list, but the one that sticks out the most was Oklahoma St. in '03.

The most enjoyable games I ever went to had to be the two regional games in Albany in 2003. Also, the game when we beat UConn at home in 99-00 and stormed the court. That was my freshman year, my face was painted, and I wound up on the floor across the table from McDonough feeling a bit awkward. There was also the Carmelo at Georgetown game which we won in overtime. Great road trip right there.

So that in mind, I'm going to go kind of off the beaten path and toss a game out there that, in terms of most enjoyable games to watch (despite the dismal scenario), the 2002 NIT game against Butler. That was one of the BEST games I saw in my time at Syracuse. Yes, I know it was the NIT and we should be ashamed we were not in the real tournament, but that was a fantastic game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=220770183

Just a little bit of an under the radar "very entertaining and well played game" that no one remembers. Out of all of my friends, I was the only one who actually bothered to go to the Dome to watch it, too. There must have been maybe 5-6000 fans there, tops, but the people who didn't show up missed one hell of an exciting ballgame.

That was the year we got the 'Dream Seed' - Hartford vs. tO$U in the 2nd round - a team we had already beaten that year. If we win that game, we go to the Dome for the East Regional. Then lost to the *uckeyes. 79-74, IIRC. :mad:
You have the score right.

I was quite upset at the time as Syracuse had beaten tO$U earlier that season at the Dome.

5 students in a rental AMC Pacer from Syracuse to Hartford. Sleeping at one guy's mother's house and meeting up with a previous year's graduate. An interesting experience... still shocked by the 2nd game's result.

Didn't one of the SU players later say the court was shaking during the second half. It was rocking for sure.

A Pittsburgh player, I think. They couldn't hear their bench.

The most enjoyable games I ever went to had to be the two regional games in Albany in 2003. Also, the game when we beat UConn at home in 99-00 and stormed the court. That was my freshman year, my face was painted, and I wound up on the floor across the table from McDonough feeling a bit awkward. There was also the Carmelo at Georgetown game which we won in overtime. Great road trip right there.

So that in mind, I'm going to go kind of off the beaten path and toss a game out there that, in terms of most enjoyable games to watch (despite the dismal scenario), the 2002 NIT game against Butler. That was one of the BEST games I saw in my time at Syracuse. Yes, I know it was the NIT and we should be ashamed we were not in the real tournament, but that was a fantastic game.

Just a little bit of an under the radar "very entertaining and well played game" that no one remembers. Out of all of my friends, I was the only one who actually bothered to go to the Dome to watch it, too. There must have been maybe 5-6000 fans there, tops, but the people who didn't show up missed one hell of an exciting ballgame.

Announced attendance was like 4,200 and it was loud in there. Shumpert willed us to a win; fun night.

One more to add: 2005 Senior Day against Providence. Great senior class, blowout win with a lot of dunking in the second half (Craig Forth got in on the action), and Boeheim's 700th. Fun afternoon, and the team looked to be rounding into post-Edelin form a week before the Big East.

Pitt 2003

Living in Delaware, it was the first time I was able to make it to the Dome for a game, and the atmosphere in the second half was as good as any I have ever witnessed. The back and forth emotions after McNeil's free throws, his tip in, Knight's have court heave, the fans rushing the court three times...unreal.

Home game against Providence in 89. It seemed like a dunk fest, with Sherman racking up 22 assists, which broke school and conference records. If I remember, it might have given him a career NCAA record of some sorts.

I agree on the Butler game. I remember the whole crowd standing from like midway through the 2nd half until the end of the game. Only diehards were there!

Didn't one of the SU players later say the court was shaking during the second half. It was rocking for sure.

I remember Warrick saying that.

Definitely the best game I've been to. A great comeback spurred by going man to man, Warrick had a big 2nd half and was really going at it with Zavackas.

GTown 1985
Oklahoma 2003 in Albany
Gtown 2013 at MSG

F Gtown

One last thought on Pitt '03 game. The TO after the Melo steal on the last Pitt possession was the loudest moment I've ever heard in any arena, any sport. I just remember hearing white noise. The "Oh my god, we have a chance to win this" was bigger than the "We actually won!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom