Best Power Forwards of All-Time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Power Forwards of All-Time

Obviously you are talking NBA PFs, otherwise the answer around these parts is Coleman.

I take issue with Larry Johnson being on the list, but not Coleman. Coleman was the better player.

OrangeDW said:
I take issue with Larry Johnson being on the list, but not Coleman. Coleman was the better player.

Karl Malone once said DC could have been the best PF ever if he had wanted too.

After Robinson retired in the final 6 mins - with Parker, Manu, Bowen, Horry and Duncan on the court - Duncan was playing C - but he clearly played both spots and as PF he is in a different league than the other PF's

The most amazing thing about Malone and Stockton to me (which I am sure I've broguth up before) is they were freaking iron men. Over the first 17 years of his career, he missed 10 games. Over the first 14 seasons, he missed 6! Insanity.

Btw, it's possible by the time Lebron retires he logs mroe time at PF than SF and we have a new #1.

I never saw Pettit play but from everything I've read, I thought he'd be above Hayes. Also, I'm not a big Rodman fan, but I don't think I would take Webber over him. Webber may have had a better all around game, but Rodman repeated with two different teams. Webber probably would have helped the Bulls, but I think Rodman did more for the Pistons than Webber would have.

I thought he'd be above Hayes.

I feel like Elvin Hayes is a guy who history kind of forgets about. He's 9th all-time in scoring and 4th all-time in rebounds, but doesn't usually come up in conversations about all-time greats.

I feel like Elvin Hayes is a guy who history kind of forgets about. He's 9th all-time in scoring and 4th all-time in rebounds, but doesn't usually come up in conversations about all-time greats.
Fair enough... I'd definitely still have him in my 10

first of all, a pox on you for posting a link to a slideshow :mad:

but I went through them all anyway:noidea:

the most glaring omission among the top 30 would have to be Zach Randolph. He's in his 14th season so we have a full body of work to judge on, unlike future candidates like Lamarcus Aldridge. Z-Bo is a career 17 and (almost) 10 guy with a PER of 19.6. And he is still going strong & has been better in the last half of his career than the first half.

maxresdefault.jpg

If Duncan counts, then I agree with the top 5. Not old enough to have watched Hayes, Pettit, or DeBusschere.

But I agree with the top 5. I think I would take Barkley at his peak over Malone at his, but Malone lasted longer and had the better overall career.

And Rodman is way too high. Sick of this BS with him. Great rebounder, great defender. He basically stopped playing offense in like 1993(and he was mediocre at it then) and spent the rest of his career chasing rebounds on that end. Webber was way better, so was Kemp. These were two of the best players in the league at one point! I'd take Rasheed Wallace and Amare over him too.

Nobody puts Michael Cooper on lists like this for his position(and rightfully so), but the self-promoter Rodman gets on.

I think it depends on the team you are trying to construct. You need offense, obviously a prime Amare is great, but if you already have enough offense and need a rebounder who can defend multiple positions at a high level, Amare is not the way to go.

You tell me. Would you rather have Malone who averaged 25.0 ppg, 10.1 rbg, 3.6 apg and 1.4 spg over 1476 games or Dirk who averaged 22.4 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 2.6 apg and .9 spg over 1238 games. I would take the top guy any day of the week.

Anyone want to discuss John Stockton and where he ranks as far as point guards are concerned.

th

Stockton is right around 4-6 for Point Guards.

I think it depends on the team you are trying to construct. You need offense, obviously a prime Amare is great, but if you already have enough offense and need a rebounder who can defend multiple positions at a high level, Amare is not the way to go.

Yes, true. But when ranking players on an individual basis, you go with the best overall player. Rodman was better at certain things, but overall he wasn't a better player than guys like Amare, Webber, Kemp, Bosh, Gasol, and Rasheed.

but I went through them all anyway:noidea:

the most glaring omission among the top 30 would have to be Zach Randolph. He's in his 14th season so we have a full body of work to judge on, unlike future candidates like Lamarcus Aldridge. Z-Bo is a career 17 and (almost) 10 guy with a PER of 19.6. And he is still going strong & has been better in the last half of his career than the first half.

Good point on Randolph. He's had a great run in Memphis. He's played at an All Star level this year too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom