Best Shows Cancelled too early | Syracusefan.com

Best Shows Cancelled too early

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
I'm enjoying all the chatter about best shows/worst shows so I thought I would add a new topic.

What shows did you enjoy that got axed way too soon?

The wife and I both loved Sports Night and Swingtown.

Obviously, Arrested Development also falls into this category.

Arrested Development
Freaks and Geeks
Family Guy (before people came to their senses)

I think there are a bunch from Fox over the years, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Space: Above and Beyond
Jericho.

I'd add Blood and Chrome to the list, but it doesn't look like it even made it past the pilot stage.

Arrested Development
Firefly
Freaks and Geeks
Undeclared
Andy Richter Controls the Universe (so, so funny)
Jericho
Wonderfalls
Pushing Daisies
Veronica Mars
Terriers (one of the best shows I've ever watched...it's on Netflix, check it out)

terriers
50/50 on rubicon. it seemed to be getting it's bearings when it was canned.

DRAWN TOGETHER

Firefly stands head and shoulders atop this category.

It got snubbed so hard that they wouldn't even let them finish the first season! Today Firefly is rated as the #6 best TV series of all time on IMDB despite the awkwardly abrupt ending mid-season, and its creator is now one of the hottest directors in Hollywood coming off directing one of the most successful box office films of all time. Firefly getting cancelled was Tom-Brady-drafted-in-rd-6 on the "oops" scale.

FOX's original cancellation of 'Family Guy' deserves an honorable mention.

Firefly stands head and shoulders atop this category.

It got snubbed so hard that they wouldn't even let them finish the first season! Today Firefly is rated as the #6 best TV series of all time on IMDB despite the awkwardly abrupt ending mid-season, and its creator is now one of the hottest directors in Hollywood coming off directing one of the most successful box office films of all time. Firefly getting cancelled was Tom-Brady-drafted-in-rd-6 on the "oops" scale.

FOX's original cancellation of 'Family Guy' deserves an honorable mention.
I love Firefly, and I saw Serenity six months early and, yes, wore a brown coat to the screening. That said, given how poorly Serenity did at the box office I think it's clear that it was always destined to simply be a cult favorite. Fox did it no favors, of course, considering they didn't originally air the phenomenal two hour pilot and instead made the writers come up with a new script over the weekend as the new "pilot." The train robbery episode was great, but it made little to no sense considering it didn't even bother to introduce the characters or the situation, since, you know, the actual pilot did all of that.

Out of Gas is still one of the best episodes of any show ever, by the way.

Flash Forward. It was supposed to be the next LOST. I thought it was a great TV Show. Lots of twists and turns, but was canceled after one season. I was extremely dissapointed.

When I was a kid, I loved "When things were rotten." It was Airplane before Airplane.

Flash Forward. It was supposed to be the next LOST. I thought it was a great TV Show. Lots of twists and turns, but was canceled after one season. I was extremely dissapointed.
So about that.

While Lost was the stuff everybody was trying to make the next Lost, and they all failed.

All the people that wanted to watch something like Lost were happy to just watch Lost.

Now, there's no Lost. I wish all those shows trying to be like Lost were options now, instead of released while Lost was on.

So about that.

While Lost was the stuff everybody was trying to make the next Lost, and they all failed.

All the people that wanted to watch something like Lost were happy to just watch Lost.

Now, there's no Lost. I wish all those shows trying to be like Lost were options now, instead of released while Lost was on.

If you like Lost check out Life on Mars and also Taken by Steven Spielberg.

I mostly enjoyed Life on Mars, and the ending may have suffered from being canceled and having to wrap things up, but man, that ending suuuuuuuucked.
I completely agree. It was low budget and rushed.

Firefly, Firefly and more Firefly. Serenity was a nice movie but no T.V series gives me sad feels.

Men of a Certain Age

I'm enjoying all the chatter about best shows/worst shows so I thought I would add a new topic.

What shows did you enjoy that got axed way too soon?

The wife and I both loved Sports Night and Swingtown.

Obviously, Arrested Development also falls into this category.

I have to say a cartoon that I watched on Disney XD, Avengers: Earth's Mightest Hero's. Great show only got two seasons, first season was tremendous and second season fell of a bit cause they decided to go with different story arcs that weren't as good. Still had stories and other characters to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom