BET Report | Syracusefan.com

BET Report

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I needed to get into NYC early this year to sell some extra tickets, so I deviated from my normal practice of taking the train from Syracuse to Penn Station. I originally was going to drive to Poughkeepsie and take a Metro North train in from there but I needed to be in NYC before noon. One 1 train an hour from Poughkeepsie and it takes more than an hour to go fgrom there to Grand Central and I needed to check my bags so I would have to leave at 5 am to have a decent chance to be in Grand Central by 11 am.

So I copied the plans of another friend and decided to do the park and ride thing from Tarrytown. Long story short, there is no long term parking in Tarrytown. They told me to go North to the Croton on Harmon station, which is about 9 miles north of Tarrytown. Parked there (I think is costs 9 dollars a day) and caught an express to Grand Central shortly afterward. Raced from GCT to my hotel, checked my bags, raced to the Blarney, sold my extras and got into my seat a few seconds before the tipoff. If you do a park and ridend are in a hurry , Croton on Harmon is a good option. Otherwise, go with the Poughkeepsie option.

Not a lot to say about the action on Tuesday. MSG was mostly empty for both sessions, there was no excitement, 7 bad teams and UConn, who I made say looked quite good with JC back on the bench. The has to be thw weakest the bottom 8 has been in years. Some of the games were almost painful to watch.

Was struck by the poor turnout of UConn fans. The band wagon is almost empty.

First time in MSG since the rtenovations. Haven't seen much of the interior halls except for the area near the court, where they replaced a high school like narrow aisle and small concession stand with an expansive lobby with a full bar, carpeting, a lounge, HDTVs showing sports and some carving stations. They opened up the area under the stands to do it; kind of like what Dr Gross has done with the Dome on steroids. If he hasn't checked it out yet, he should.

What else? It pains me to write this, but props to Rutgers for bringing a band with 6 tubas. Looked like they only brought abot 15 people in their band, so it brought the ouump you need.

St John's no longer has that guy on their dance team. I assume he is dancing his heart out somewhere off Broadway. Make that off off Broadway.

UConn cheerleaders wear the most makeup. They wear the shorter skirts too. The best dance team so far has been Pittsburgh's. Their skintight black pleather outfits caused quite a stir.

Seton Hall's pirate mascot is very good. Fine dancer. PC's monk mascot retains his long standing title as the worst mascot in the league. Looks like a burn victim like Little White Riding Hood.

WVU has some nice arrangements for their band. Love their version of the NA. Might be better than the SSS version, which I like a lot. Seton Hall has the worst sounding band so far. Their arrangements are derivative and sadly lacking.

Amazed that WVU has twice the fans Uconn has for the game today. WVU has their biggest turnout ever, driven by their impending departure from the BE. Besides the relatively poor turnouts by UConn, St John's, Seton Hall, Nova and RU also need to be listed as having bad fan turnouts. BET attendance once SU and Pitt leaves is a major issue. Can you play games in the Felt Forum?

If I showed up tomorrow what would be my chances of picking up a ticket outside the garden?

Matt Park is doing the WVU/Yukon game on the radio and he mentioned how WVU had more fans than the Nutmeggers. I didn't really believe but now that you have mentioned it, we know it is the gospel. Another reason to hate Yukon.

The best dance team so far has been Pittsburgh's. Their skintight black pleather outfits caused quite a stir.

TMI

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Love this time of year, wish I was @ MSG right now. My family members arrive tonight, I'm jazzed for our pregame train party and some Blarney/Stout time before tip. I'm going to miss the out of it when its gone.

Love this time of year, wish I was @ MSG right now. My family members arrive tonight, I'm jazzed for our pregame train party and some Blarney/Stout time before tip. I'm going to miss the **** out of it when its gone.

Definately. Hard to imagine getting up for Greensboro (sp).

If I showed up tomorrow what would be my chances of picking up a ticket outside the garden?
This is going to be a tough ticket. I think SU has their biggest contingent ever coming down (we have more people at the games Tuesday and Wednesday than any other school). And UConn fans should come out to see if another miracle will happen. This morning there was more demand for Thursday's afternoon session than the Wednesday sessions. With UConn still alive, it is only going to get worse.

You will be able to get a ticket but unless you are resourceful and willing to sit in the 400s, you will pay over list. I think $100 for a seat in the 30os is a pretty good deal right now. Just gets worse for the better seats (list is $65).

That St. John's Dance Team Fellow was certainly there in February; he made quite the spectacle.

Watching the UConn-WVU game on TV, it sounded pretty loud whenever UConn scored. Whatever fans they had must have been near the mikes then. I bought 2 tix for tomorrow's game before UConn won today, anticipating that if they won it would be tough to find tix. Front-running Uconn fans. Can't stand the build up ESPN is giving UConn constantly showing highlights from last year and pushing the "can they do it again" angle. Hope we put a stop to it.

First time in MSG since the rtenovations. Haven't seen much of the interior halls except for the area near the court, where they replaced a high school like narrow aisle and small concession stand with an expansive lobby with a full bar, carpeting, a lounge, HDTVs showing sports and some carving stations. They opened up the area under the stands to do it; kind of like what Dr Gross has done with the Dome on steroids. If he hasn't checked it out yet, he should.
Did you have Delta Club (the area you described) tickets? That area is incredible and also super-expensive. Easily my favorite place in MSG, though. The Coke freestyle machine is awesome. I'm sure Dr. Gross has access, unless he's in the 1879 Club (for the super high rollers)...

Tom, thanks for the tix. Unforgettable experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom