Big blow for Kansas - Udoka Azubuike to miss remainder of season | Syracusefan.com

Big blow for Kansas - Udoka Azubuike to miss remainder of season

Wonder how and if suffering the same serious ligament damage in the same hand will affect his draft position.

Wonder how and if suffering the same serious ligament damage in the same hand will affect his draft position.

I had to read it twice it's actually the same ligament but right hand this time. It was left hand his freshman season. So he's done it to both hands.

Someone else with no center. Can’t say I feel too badly for Kansas.

Take a look at what Kansas is actually admitting to. Paying $2,500 to help what is likely a financially disadvantaged kid take online courses to be eligible. (Also ignore for a moment what else Kansas has done what I am sure is much, much worse).

The NCAA is making millions off these kids, falling all over themselves claiming this is all about academics. And this is not allowed. If a team wants to gain a recruiting edge by helping them through academically that should not be an issue at all. (with some sort of small cap of course). That should be the type of recruiting tactics that are encouraged. But we all know nothing is to the benefit of the kids.

So, let me see if I understand. KU wants to self-report a violation so they have a better chance to get a player eligible? That takes a lot of balls. Don’t they know that self-reporting means a 10-year investigation?! Oh, that’s right! They have the Blue Blood Pass.

Hahaha takes some real balls to make a move like that. Almost hope it works out for them.

Sure, we paid the kid. But, don’t you think we should get our miney’s worth?
NCAA response: They make a good point, they did pay him. I would be upset too if I didn’t get a decent return on my investment.

Are they going to cop to Adidas giving De Souza $60K to pay back Under Armour when he dumped Maryland?

Take a look at what Kansas is actually admitting to. Paying $2,500 to help what is likely a financially disadvantaged kid take online courses to be eligible. (Also ignore for a moment what else Kansas has done what I am sure is much, much worse).

The NCAA is making millions off these kids, falling all over themselves claiming this is all about academics. And this is not allowed. If a team wants to gain a recruiting edge by helping them through academically that should not be an issue at all. (with some sort of small cap of course). That should be the type of recruiting tactics that are encouraged. But we all know nothing is to the benefit of the kids.
vs making sure a kid adds footnotes to an autobiographical paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom