UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season

He has one year left to maximize his earnings. If he either got screwed out of money or got a better offer, all one more game is is a risk for him to get hurt without being paid.

This is a no brainer for him either way. Yes, it's awful in terms of the idea of college football, but you have to make your money.

I rather hold out hope for $100k and the playoffs this year over the uncertainty of next year. Both in terms of money and on field success. For me it would be worth the one game risk. You cannot buy starting a playoff game.

It is already pretty clearly a play for pay situation. Based on what UNLV has reacted, it sounds like they feel they are already in deep water here and are cutting ties completely to try and avoid an NCAA investigation.

This is a problem entirely of their own making - UNLV misplayed their hand badly. If they created a written agreement after he got on campus which matched what Sluka was verbally told, there’s no paper trail of a “pay for play” agreement - and that value is reasonable for a G5 QB. There would have been no issue.

I think what happened was they made a verbal agreement they either had no intention of meeting, or couldn’t come up with funds to meet and decided to just pretend no verbal offer was ever made. Because what’s Sluka going to do, bail out and transfer?

Then Sluka did exactly that, and left UNLV totally vulnerable and exposed in the process. By calling their bluff, Sluka screwed UNLV back. I’d say I can’t see any way the NCAA can let this go…but since this is the NCAA I fully expect they will bury their heads in the sand and - foolishly - hope this was a one-off event that won’t happen again.

No idea what the state lays are like in Nevada.

I would think the conflict of interest here should be obvious to all and not something any reputable institution of higher learning would allow.

It is already pretty clearly a play for pay situation. Based on what UNLV has reacted, it sounds like they feel they are already in deep water here and are cutting ties completely to try and avoid an NCAA investigation.
Im pretty sure the “state lays” in Nevada are legal.

I rather hold out hope for $100k and the playoffs this year over the uncertainty of next year. Both in terms of money and on field success. For me it would be worth the one game risk. You cannot buy starting a playoff game.

He blows out his knee, he's toast.

If they ain't paid him yet, they ain't paying him.

They had since February. Payment isn't coming Sep 27.

Y'know, every kid I knew rode his bike without a helmet. I don't remember any of my friends getting a head injury, or honestly anything serious from a bike accident, except maybe one kid with a broken arm from a fall. Of course, there were far fewer cars on the street, and people didn't drive so aggressively back then, or have these giant trucks tearing down residential streets.
You probably fell off your bike without a helmet which contributed to this memory loss.

:)

I just can't watch women playing sports and I'm not sure why, just can't get into it. I support the idea of it and am glad it exists and so forth, but can't sit down and actually watch it.

Start with women's soccer or volleyball. It's very good.

Women’s professional beach volleyball is entertaining too.

Apparently, the Lingerie Football League is coming back in 2025. I remember watching a game one time, just because the whole idea was terrible and in poor taste. Regardless - I suppose it could be a “gateway drug” to legitimate female sports watching.

Women’s professional beach volleyball is entertaining too.

Of course, women's beach volleyball is hot, but as sport, women's soccer is quite good.

College women's volleyball is more entertaining than watching women's hoops. Women's hoops vs. the men is too big a physical difference.

In soccer, there's more room for individual skill and tactics.

And in volleyball, you get the raw athleticism of these women blocking and spiking balls, without having to measure them as "above or below the rim".

I just can't watch women playing sports and I'm not sure why, just can't get into it. I support the idea of it and am glad it exists and so forth, but can't sit down and actually watch it.
I prefer women's soccer to men's. It's more technical and precise, in my opinion. Yeah, I know I'm talking about soccer, and many people will something to say about that. I have two daughters, one of whom played a sport in college. I've also coached both boy's and girl's sports at the travel and high school level and in many ways I find coaching the girls more enjoyable. To each his own as far as watching it. I'm glad you support and appreciate women's sports. Seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom