Big Drop In Donor Rank | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Big Drop In Donor Rank

Does a season ticket purchase count as a "donation?" No, right? As someone who works in fundraising, I fully understand the importance of current year giving. However, it's not the end-all-be-all when it comes to valuing donors, and there are certain donor groups that should always receive special attention and treatment when it comes to things like this. It will be interesting to see how regimented they are with this system when push comes to shove.

Yes. A season ticket purchase counts as a donation.

Part of the cost of your season ticket is labeled as a donation.

Ok yeah, a partial donation. That makes more sense. So any current season ticket holder is considered a "donor." Prioritizing season current season ticket holders obviously goes without saying. However, I'd still consider not taking into account historical donations or consecutive years of season ticket membership until you are further down the list a bit of a mistake.

That is the reason the ticket reps are pushing football season ticket holders to buy basketball season tickets. My friend bought three basketball season tickets for this season only solely to improve his football donor rank. He have received credit for a $1500 in donation.

When is this donor rank screw up getting fixed? Mine has been off for over a week now.

I wonder this will get communicated the same way they offered an optional football game to take the place of the game in Yankee Stadium where a good amount of season ticket holders never got the same offer.

There is a place that SUAD is using specifically for communicating all this info to season ticket holders.

The JMA Dome will undergo a reseating to address the new seating configuration and decreased capacities. All season ticket holders will need to select a new seat ahead of the 2024 season(s). The Seat Selection Process will be the formal process by which season ticket holders for football and men’s basketball will select new seats.

The Seat Selection Process will be based on ’Cuse Athletics Fund (’CAF) Donor Rank. All season ticket holders are ’CAF members and priority order for the Seat Selection Process will be determined according to their Donor Rank, which is calculated based on Annual Membership Level and Priority Points.

Under the #faqs page, you can find the following...

Donor Rank for the 2024 Seat Selection Process will be calculated from October 1, 2023 – May 1, 2024. To learn more about how Donor Rank is calculated, visit give.cuse.com/DonorRank.

The Annual Membership Level means the dollars you provide from 10/1/2023 to 5/1/2024. That categorizes to into one of nine levels SUAD has set up.

The priority points are only used to differentiate donors at the level they have been assigned based on what they donate from 10/1/2023 to 5/1/2024.

Here are the nine levels SUAD has been and will continue to use as broad classifications for donors...

Priority Grouping​

1 Director of Athletics Cabinet $50,000
2 Hall of Fame $25,000
3 National Champion $10,000
4 ACC Champion $5,000
5 All-American $2,500
6 All-Conference $1,000
7 Captain $500
8 Varsity $100
9 Orange Teammate $44

You will be assigned to a group and given priority based on how much you give from October 23 to May 1 2024. The priority points only come into play as a tie breaker within the group you are assigned.

So if person A who has never given money to SUAD gives $10,000 during this period, they will choose their seats before person B who gives $5000 during this period, even if person B has given SUAD $5000 every year for the past 40 years.

In this kind of a scenario, Person A will be classified as a Hall of Fame donor and Person B as a National Champion. Person A would presumably be given the lowest priority of all the people in the Hall of Fame group while Person B would presumably be given the highest priority in the National Champion group (or close to it).
If they’re doing it this way, they’ve been flat out lying to folks who go to the preview in the game day lounge this year. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re screwed it up but there are going to be a lot of angry folks if so.

I wonder this will get communicated the same way they offered an optional football game to take the place of the game in Yankee Stadium where a good amount of season ticket holders never got the same offer.

I’m still surprised by this. The email came out on January 30th. I wonder if people just blew past it or missed it because it was January? Everyone I know got the email.

If they’re doing it this way, they’ve been flat out lying to folks who go to the preview in the game day lounge this year. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re screwed it up but there are going to be a lot of angry folks if so.

I know you’ve told us before but what were you told at the preview? I forget.

I know you’ve told us before but what were you told at the preview? I forget.
There would be additional points / bonuses for people based on how long they held seats - this would be in addition to donor rank. They didn’t qualify it and say it would depend on what level you’re in or anything like that. They indicated how long you’ve held seats would be rewarded. I paid attention because it really didn’t apply to me (I only have seats for five years but the people near me at the time had them for decades).

There would be additional points / bonuses for people based on how long they held seats - this would be in addition to donor rank. They didn’t qualify it and say it would depend on what level you’re in or anything like that. They indicated how long you’ve held seats would be rewarded. I paid attention because it really didn’t apply to me (I only have seats for five years but the people near me at the time had them for decades).

Thanks. Yea as of right now longevity only helps you within a level such as All American. It can’t get you moved up to the next level.

Interesting that my years of decent season tickets (football & basketball) have no value.

Not that it really matters too much, unless there's another Final-4 tournament to get tickets for. ;)

Secondary market tickets are now my way of attending home games.
Hoping to bring the wife & 4 Gator fans for a game in 2025 or 2026 (combined with a Seneca Lake wineries tour and a visit to Cooperstown).

Looking forward to this year's GA Tech game, next year's Homecoming, 2024 or 226 game at Army, and 2025's kickoff vs. Tennessee. Hopefully, there'll be some more games along the way, along with bowl games.

I'm sure that those within driving distance of the Dome are in a better position.

Go, Orange!

I’m still surprised by this. The email came out on January 30th. I wonder if people just blew past it or missed it because it was January? Everyone I know got the email.
Yea, but you know like five people, so….

It’s because there is some testing going on by probably sidearm. Not to worry. Mine dropped 8500 places since last week. I doubt 8500 new donors came along in one week. At one point yesterday I was 6th. LOL.
If this is a race to the bottom--I just discovered that I dropped 10,000+ spots. I expect (hope) they will straighten it out soon.

My dad's company had a box back in the late 80s, we'd get go to one football game and one basketball game a year. The goal I'd set for myself back then to be able to afford a box as an adult has not been met.
Bag the box buy a player:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom