Big East BCS bid | Syracusefan.com

Big East BCS bid

This writer, Mark Blaudschun has become the Big East's official spokesman. Mike Tranghese and Marinatto must be feeding him these stories because without Boston College in the Big East it makes no sense for him to be scooping these stories. It makes wonder how the Providence Journal's SU alum Kevin McNamara feels especially after he wrote that heart felt tribute towards the basketball onlies.

"Big East officials have said that it will hold all schools to the agreement, meaning that both Syracuse and Pittsburgh and any other teams that might want to leave can not do so before the 2014 season."

This is what will be a nightmare for us if we have to wait that long. I actually think they will just out of spite.

"Big East officials have said that it will hold all schools to the agreement, meaning that both Syracuse and Pittsburgh and any other teams that might want to leave can not do so before the 2014 season."

This is what will be a nightmare for us if we have to wait that long. I actually think they will just out of spite.

I think one more year or until a few more dominoes fall... Big East has no alternatives right now

Here's to a Pitt/Syracuse BET final with both school's fans chanting ACC ACC ACC. I'd love to see Marinatto's face should this happen in the next three years.

Let my people go.jpg

Our 27 months will have started before any other defectors are on the clock. If they hold us to it, hopefully we can step right into our new ACC schedule and leave them scrambling for teams to fill the 2 open spots on their schedules.

So Marinatto's Man in Boston is saying the AQ is secure until 2016. Meanwhile ESPN's Andrea Adelson is saying her BCS guru says the AQ is likely a goner even if the Big East adds Boise State. I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.

So Marinatto's Man in Boston is saying the AQ is secure until 2016. Meanwhile ESPN's Andrea Adelson is saying her BCS guru says the AQ is likely a goner even if the Big East adds Boise State. I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.

Thankfully all of Syracuse's god awful seasons won't count against the Big East's ranking in the upcoming negotiations. Losing Pitt hurts, but Boise State would more than make up for them.

Thankfully all of Syracuse's god awful seasons won't count against the Big East's ranking in the upcoming negotiations. Losing Pitt hurts, but Boise State would more than make up for them.

That's awesome for you guys.

That's awesome for you guys.

Not really. I'd rather not be in a position to have deal with this BCS fiasco. It's especially frustrating considering the ACC and BE have been nearly even using the BCS criteria but nobody talks about them losing their bid.

Enjoy! You're so fortunate!!!!!

Everyone loves glass half full guy. Even when the glass is empty.

Thank you for your interest in SU athletics we will look forward to the stability that is the ACC while you play on the smurf turf in the BMW. Also unlike UConn, Syracuse has actually contributed to the Big East Conference Syracuse prevented Boston College from winning the Big East in their last season in 2004 which is more than ANYTHING UConn football has done for the Big East conference.

Thank you for your interest in SU athletics we will look forward to the stability that is the ACC while you play on the smurf turf in the BMW. Also unlike UConn, Syracuse has actually contributed to the Big East Conference Syracuse prevented Boston College from winning the Big East in their last season in 2004 which is more than ANYTHING UConn football has done for the Big East conference.

Why was that win so big again in 2004? Oh yeah, because BC cowardly left in the middle of the night to go play in the ACC. Glad you guys took them out. I can't believe any school would ever do something like that.

Why was that win so big again in 2004? Oh yeah, because BC cowardly left in the middle of the night to go play in the ACC. Glad you guys took them out. I can't believe any school would ever do something like that.
LOL Seriously, this Bulls#it about any school leaving cowardly or the middle of the night is so dumb. NEWSFLASH, Boston College followed protocol when they left the Big East they played out there commitment in the Big East bylaws. Syracuse and Pittsburgh are doing the same thing. If UConn got an invite to the ACC tomorrow you would and wouldn't care about the other schools. Again what has UConn accomplished for the Big East which is greater than something we accomplished 7 years ago when you say our BCS rankings have done nothing in the interim.

That's rich coming from a fan of the school whose president has just completed a "begging to get in the ACC" tour.

There was nothing "cowardly" about BC's leaving. "Cowardly" would more aptly describe the UConn fans who were pelting the BC student buses with bottles.

...what has UConn accomplished for the Big East which is greater than something we accomplished 7 years ago when you say our BCS rankings have done nothing in the interim.

They brought 174 people to a BCS bowl to get embarassed :cool: and had their coach show them how much more opportunity there was in the ACC :p

LOL Seriously, this Bulls#it about any school leaving cowardly or the middle of the night is so dumb. NEWSFLASH, Boston College followed protocol when they left the Big East they played out there commitment in the Big East bylaws. Syracuse and Pittsburgh are doing the same thing. If UConn got an invite to the ACC tomorrow you would be and wouldn't care about the other schools. Again what has UConn accomplished for the Big East which is greater than something we accomplished 7 years ago when you say our BCS rankings have done nothing in the interim.

Look, I can't even tell if you are serious or not. Syracuse has a rich football history and was a damn good program in the 90s and early 2000s. Are you seriously debating who's helped the BE BCS rankings more in the past 7 years?

That's rich coming from a fan of the school whose president has just completed a "begging to get in the ACC" tour.

Quotes please? Or any direct comment from UConn?

Look, I can't even tell if you are serious or not. Syracuse has a rich football history and was a damn good program in the 90s and early 2000s. Are you seriously debating who's helped the BE BCS rankings more in the past 7 years?
My point is SU has bottomed out as a program under GRob and is coming back to respectability, and still UConn has done nothing greater than us for the Big East Conference. If you were a WVU, Louisville, or Cincinnati fan who have had the top 12 finishes to keep the BE BCS bid alive I wouldn't be making my statement, but UConn has 0 top 25 finishes in the final AP/BCS rankings. Congrats you guys were mediocre while we sucked, but UConn football has done nothing for the Big East. I mean you guys beat South Carolina in the Pizza Bowl, but I can't remember any remarkable non-conference wins and don't argue Notre Dame even when we sucked Syracuse beat Notre Dame.

Quotes please? Or any direct comment from UConn?

You can't possibly be arguing that this didn't happen. I don't think BC's Leahy requested the meeting with Herbst. Or the other ACC people she met with.

You guys are teetering on slipping back to the Yankee Conference after a few years in C-USA II.

My point is SU has bottomed out as a program under GRob and is coming back to respectability, and still UConn has done nothing greater than us for the Big East Conference. If you were a WVU, Louisville, or Cincinnati fan who have had the top 12 finishes to keep the BE BCS bid alive I wouldn't be making my statement, but UConn has 0 top 25 finishes in the final AP/BCS rankings. Congrats you guys were mediocre while we sucked, but UConn football has done nothing for the Big East. I mean you guys beat South Carolina in the Pizza Bowl, but I can't remember any remarkable non-conference wins and don't argue Notre Dame even when we sucked Syracuse beat Notre Dame.

I agree with you on some points. HCDM is doing a hell of a job to dig out from the hole GRob left you guys in.

Not to nitpick but UConn did finish #25 in the final BCS Standings in 2007 which is 1 of 3 criteria the BCS uses to determine its conference rankings (top 25 finishes in final BCS standings, highest ranked BCS team, avg BCS ranking of conference members). So considering one of the criteria is avg BCS ranking, I think it would be tough to say that in this context that wouldn't favor UConn.

Overall, I'm just trying to poke some fun guys. I'm obviously very bitter about the whole thing, but if you can't have a little fun at your rivals expense then what the hell is the point anyways.

I agree with you on some points. HCDM is doing a hell of a job to dig out from the hole GRob left you guys in.

Not to nitpick but UConn did finish #25 in the final BCS Standings in 2007 which is 1 of 3 criteria the BCS uses to determine its conference rankings (top 25 finishes in final BCS standings, highest ranked BCS team, avg BCS ranking of conference members). So considering one of the criteria is avg BCS ranking, I think it would be tough to say that in this context that wouldn't favor UConn.

Overall, I'm just trying to poke some fun guys. I'm obviously very bitter about the whole thing, but if you can't have a little fun at your rivals expense then what the hell is the point anyways.

Not to nitpick, as you say, but that would be "Soon to be Ex-Rival" when you describe SU.

Not to nitpick, as you say, but that would be "Soon to be Ex-Rival" when you describe SU.

That's just semantics, though I ultimately agree. We're light years ahead of you in basketball and have surpassed you in football as well, but I guess I still consider you guys a rival even if it is fairly lopsided.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom