Big East - Big 12 merger dead... | Syracusefan.com

Big East - Big 12 merger dead...

but it is if you are a notre dame fan.

What about the rumor that Missouri is heading to the SEC?

Merger implies a new hybrid conference stretching from Waco to Providence.

What if WV, Cinci, Louisville, and TCU joined the Big12?

UConn and Rutgers better hope Tobacco Road calls.

Directional Florida .. I've got nothing for you.

USF really is SOL in this whole situation, aren't they? They're becoming a legitimate football program just in time for the whole landscape to just blow up and leave them out in the cold.

Merger implies a new hybrid conference stretching from Waco to Providence.

What if WV, Cinci, Louisville, and TCU joined the Big12?

UConn and Rutgers better hope Tobacco Road calls.

Directional Florida .. I've got nothing for you.

Not sure what to make of this Mizzou thing now, earlier it was reported that they wanted to keep the Big 12 together, not they're apparently gone. It's crazy.

But as for the Big 12, ironic as it may be, if the league survives, I don't think they want to get to 12. I think they're happy at 9. Round robin for all sports. Enough clout in football and hoops that no one can take anything away. And keep more money to themselves instead of sharing with more teams, because none really add value. If they lose Mizzou, maybe they grab Louisville. Wonder if they switch the name to Big 9. They've been Big 8 (some of them), Big 12, just start a new #.

I never thought there would be a merger. I have said that the BE wil become a hoops only league with the name and all and that leftover BE football schools will go to the B12 under the B12 name and leadership.

Not sure what to make of this Mizzou thing now, earlier it was reported that they wanted to keep the Big 12 together, not they're apparently gone. It's crazy.

Because everyone is either trying to bluff or have been completely silent.

Ruh roh Rutgers:

Rutgers' Tim Pernetti: "It was a positive meeting. Everybody's committed to going out and recruiting top level institutions."

Sounds like they are resigned to the fact that they need to make the Big East work. Sucks to be them if true

Could be more of the same from Missouri as last year when they were rumored to be headed to the B1G

-------------------

"Meanwhile, a prominent Big 12 athletic official said the league appeared to be on the verge of remaining intact after Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State had flirtations with the Pac-12.
"Even if Oklahoma goes somewhere else, and that’s not looking to be the case now, the league will stay together," he said. "That’s what everyone is working toward now."

So the Big 12 may still stay together??

If true, if I'm Larry Scott, I would put UT's (and possibly OK's) text, email and phone numbers in a "block", send to spam filter.