Big East if you were smart circle the wagons while you still have a chance | Syracusefan.com

Big East if you were smart circle the wagons while you still have a chance

Garrett_TD23

Walk On
Don't wait for any more schools to be picked off, cut some dead weight off and you still have a viable league that can come out just as strong if not stronger than before, but you better get on the phone quick to secure your future. The new Big East could look like this:

WVU
Rutgers
UConn
Louisville
Cinci
USF
TCU
Kansas
K-State

Providence
St. John
Villanova
Georgetown
Notre Dame

Goodbye - DePaul, Seton Hall, Marquette

The basketball schools will NEVER sacrifice one of their own. Or three in this case.

the bball schools need to break off. gtown, nova, st johns, provi, seton hall, marquette, i'd say keep depaul, and try for butler, xavier and maybe temple and call it the new big east. they can still play at msg and that would be some good bball. should be a 10 team round robin league.

Strong in basketball weak in football. As much as things change, they stay the same.

These left over schools need a new home and it could still be a step up from the MWC and C-USA. I think the Big East will just need to face the fact that they are a stepping stone.

the bball schools need to break off. gtown, nova, st johns, provi, seton hall, marquette, i'd say keep depaul, and try for butler, xavier and maybe temple and call it the new big east. they can still play at msg and that would be some good bball. should be a 10 team round robin league.

They don't have to break off.

All the remaining FB schools will join the Big12.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

They don't have to break off.

All the remaining FB schools will join the Big12.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Not such a bad idea. They can still hold their bb tourney in Manhattan.