Big Game Melo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big Game Melo

a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i love melo... but have been disappointed with his occasional attitude and his shot selection and there simply is no denying that the ball stops when it gets to him.

last 2 games are prime examples. he basically purposely fouled out of game 4 with 2 min to go. and then last night takes a horrible shot, turns around arms flailing, barks at the ref, comes down the court and gives a 2 handed push to a screener. I promise you this happened - I rewound it 2 different times to show my wife (who didnt care at all). It wasnt talked about my the announcers and the obvious foul wasnt called by the refs - which he is lucky, because he of all people cant afford foul trouble especially completely intentional foul because he was having a temper tantrum.

Some of his actions remind me of MCW in the semi vs Michigan. Someday he needs to mature.

And learn that 12/28 28 pts 6 rebounds and ZERO assists is a good game for ricky davis, NOT melo.

How does it go? A dead man under the basket could get more than 1 rebound? Well, a dead man at the top of the key can get more than 1 assist.

I LOVE MELO and I hope he wins a title soon - but he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. Cuse superstar or not.

Ugh, Melo can only make the pass. I estimate he made at least 3, maybe more, good passes to a cutting Ty or Martin where the other guys didn't finish or were fouled. He also made at least a couple of kick out passes to open shooters who missed. He should have had a minimum of three assists and maybe as many as five if his teammates did what they were supposed to do.

Maybe Melo should pass it to himself to make sure the play is finished, then if he still gets zero assists you can lay that on him.

Anyone who makes an objective post about melo's play is automatically bashing him. He's done so much for this university.

End sarcasm.

Critique players a if the jersey on their back doesn't have a name on it.

I think the Knicks should pretty much concede that they are going to shoot a low percentage. If they shoot well, they will blow out the other team, as long as they win the turnover battle and the offensive rebound battle. They did a much better job last night with regard to offensive rebounds. Chandler, even when he couldn't grab the rebound, tipped it back to a teammate. If they aren't doing that, there is no prayer.

I've stated it before...but the ESPN culture is 100% to blame for this.

Durant sucks
Melo sucks
Curry sucks
Lebron used to suck
Dirk used to suck..does he suck again now?

EVERYONE SUCKS if you don't win. There's one team that wins thus EVERYONE else sucks.
It's so dumb.

I'd say Melo is a top 10 player. Maybe Top 5. That's good, right?

Melo wouldve had 6more points and had 3 more made baskets if he would just Fn dunk the damn ball and not try to draw a foul while laying it in. granted, he gets ZERO respect on a lot of shots which he is fouled and its not called...but damnit DUNK THE FN BALL. i have 10million friends here still traumatized by charles smith inability to dunk in 93.

Melo has a horrid supporting cast. Worst of all the teams left in the playoffs. Knicks HAVE to get rid of A'mare. Amnesty him and get him off the books. Does Paul George guard Melo? If he normally does that would explain a lot. Concussions are tricky. If George misses extended time the Knicks can make it to the Eastern conf finals.

Melo has a horrid supporting cast. Worst of all the teams left in the playoffs. Knicks HAVE to get rid of A'mare. Amnesty him and get him off the books. Does Paul George guard Melo? If he normally does that would explain a lot. Concussions are tricky. If George misses extended time the Knicks can make it to the Eastern conf finals.

1) Knicks can't amnesty Amare
2) George Hill is the one with the concussion, not Paul George. he doesn't check Melo.

Why can't they amnesty Amare? I thought if you miss X% of games you are eligible for it.

Durant sucks
Melo sucks
Curry sucks
Lebron used to suck

EVERYONE SUCKS if you don't win. There's one team that wins thus EVERYONE else sucks.
It's so dumb.

I agree with what you are saying but I think it really has even more to do with Sportradio than ESPN. Local Sportsradio just goes after people like crazy and it's totally unwarranted half the time. They take anyone and compare them to someone better and then say the person sucks. It's hard to listen to for me most of the time.

I agree with what you are saying but I think it really has even more to do with Sportradio than ESPN. Local Sportsradio just goes after people like crazy and it's totally unwarranted half the time. They take anyone and compare them to someone better and then say the person sucks. It's hard to listen to for me most of the time.

Nah, I agree. I saw on twitter today that Cowherd said on his show that Luol Deng is better than Melo.

That's just trolling. It's ok, I guess. It's how they get people to listen/watch.

i love melo... but have been disappointed with his occasional attitude and his shot selection and there simply is no denying that the ball stops when it gets to him.

last 2 games are prime examples. he basically purposely fouled out of game 4 with 2 min to go. and then last night takes a horrible shot, turns around arms flailing, barks at the ref, comes down the court and gives a 2 handed push to a screener. I promise you this happened - I rewound it 2 different times to show my wife (who didnt care at all). It wasnt talked about my the announcers and the obvious foul wasnt called by the refs - which he is lucky, because he of all people cant afford foul trouble especially completely intentional foul because he was having a temper tantrum.

Some of his actions remind me of MCW in the semi vs Michigan. Someday he needs to mature.

And learn that 12/28 28 pts 6 rebounds and ZERO assists is a good game for ricky davis, NOT melo.

How does it go? A dead man under the basket could get more than 1 rebound? Well, a dead man at the top of the key can get more than 1 assist.

I LOVE MELO and I hope he wins a title soon - but he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. Cuse superstar or not.

Since you watched the game so closely, did you notice how Hibbert got two of his fouls due to Melo driving and dishing to Chandler and Martin, who were then fouled by Hibbert? More valuable than an assist, really. Not to mention he drove and drew another foul on Hibbert. His foul trouble was one of the biggest reasons NY won.

Not to mention, George got in foul trouble and got at least a few of them when fouling Melo, including the 5th one that put him on the bench in the 4th.

Nah, I agree. I saw on twitter today that Cowherd said on his show that Luol Deng is better than Melo.

That's just trolling. It's ok, I guess. It's how they get people to listen/watch.

Yep, it's all about generating a "controversy" for these guys. If Cowherd (who is the king of saying asinine things) actually believes that Deng is a better player then Melo, then he should take up a new hobby.

Durant sucks
Melo sucks
Curry sucks
Lebron used to suck

It's so dumb.

Yup. Though I put equal blame on the millions of dumb fans who blindly buy in. ESPN caters to these fans and they lap it right up.

Durant avg'd 29, 10, and 7 in the 5 game series. And even with going 5/21 in game 5 still has a higher percentage than melo.

Melo is 26, 8 and 1 in his games. And is avg'ing 24 shots a game (2 more than durant, who scored more.)

This isnt meant as a dig... more constructive criticism. I just want Melo to move the ball around more like he did during the regular season. He will be a more all around productive player.

Melo should be able to avg 26, 10 and 5 playing only with his left hand.

26-10-5?? Wow. That would basically make him one of the best players in the history of the sport. How many have put up a season like that? I remember it being a big deal when Garnett got 20-10-5, but he was nowhere near 26 PPG.

How many SF's get 10 rebounds per game? And I don't care about "small ball PF", Melo is still a SF, and there's absolutely no way he "should be" averaging 10 rebounds per game. That's nuts.

26-10-5?? Wow. That would basically make him one of the best players in the history of the sport. How many have put up a season like that? I remember it being a big deal when Garnett got 20-10-5, but he was nowhere near 26 PPG.

How many SF's get 10 rebounds per game? And I don't care about "small ball PF", Melo is still a SF, and there's absolutely no way he "should be" averaging 10 rebounds per game. That's nuts.

8 players in the whole league averaged 10 boards per game. Clyde Frazier says a similar thing about Melo sometimes, that he should be a 20-10-5 type guy. And he says Amare should average 10 boards per game too. Pretty hilarious.

Garnett put up 6 straight 20-10-5 seasons. Most points he averaged was 24. 24-14-5. that's a season r ight there

Durant sucks
Melo sucks
Curry sucks
Lebron used to suck

It's so dumb.

I think it goes Lebron----Durant/Melo-----the other superstars. Durant played terrible in the final two games against Memphis and got bounced in 5 with no Westbrook...a healthy Durant, I might add. Without Westbrook OKC is the Knicks with Durant as the superstar instead of Melo. Why didn't Durant make everyone else better? Why didn't Durant make Kevin Martin step up? Why didn't Durant will everyone else's shots in? Why didn't Durant make Ibaka and Perkins not get punked by the Memphis bigs? ...These questions are stupid, so why does he media ask them of Melo? Not everyone can have Bosh/Wade and a bunch of knock down shooters at their disposal.

8 players in the whole league averaged 10 boards per game. Clyde Frazier says a similar thing about Melo sometimes, that he should be a 20-10-5 type guy. And he says Amare should average 10 boards per game too. Pretty hilarious.

Garnett put up 6 straight 20-10-5 seasons. Most points he averaged was 24. 24-14-5. that's a season r ight there

Yeah, PFs with some guard skills like Garnett and Webber are the only ones I can think of who would get 20-10-5. I can't even think of a single SF who averaged 10 rebounds per game, though I'm sure it's happened probably back when they took way more shots per game. The best rebounding SF's usually get about 8 per game.

And as rare as 20-10-5 is...26-10-5??? There's absolutely nothing wrong with Melo's production, other than his FG% being too low. He's scoring and rebounding about as well as can be expected. The way his team is shooting the ball, ragging on his assists right now is kind've pointless. If they could make shots, he'd be getting 3-4 per game like he always has, and like the majority of small forwards do.

Melo had a great year this year, I don't think I'm ready to put him in Durant's class yet. Though maybe if Durant had to play a full season without Westbrook his mumbers would come down a lot. I think Chris Paul is better than Melo, but then again, he's come up short int he playoffs a lot too.

I think Brooks might be a worse coach than Woodson. Derek Fisher played 31 minutes last night. 31 minutes!

Kareem had a 30-16-5 and a 28-17-5. Wilt did it twice. And thats probably it.

But Melo doesn't get a lot of assists period. The Knicks made a ton of shots this year, Melo averaged 2.5 assist per game. He's not going to get a lot of assists.

I would be shocked if NY wins in Indiana
I hesitate saying this because everytime I post a "prediction" I am wrong, When I just think it I am right. But NY has this thing. Every New York sports series has drama. Boston series had drama. Every Giants and Yankees have drama. The plot for this one reads, Knicks, left for dead, barely a pulse, rises from the dead to win in incredible style. Serious if they win game 6, they are a lock for game 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom