Big Game Melo

a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Heat sweep them?

I think Miami wins in five. Indiana should get a lot of boards but Miami usually gives up a lot anyway.

So sick of college and NBA being ruined by officiating , teams that are "good defensive teams" are allowed to foul so much more and they get calls as well. It's ruining the sport frankly. I mean 40-18 foul shots tonight , that's unreal considering the pacers are constantly reaching in and playing rough in the paint , it's one thing to let them play but it can't be one sided , chandler and hibbert did not play by the same rules

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

And legit question, if a dunk attempt is blocked by the defender while still in shooters hand in the cylinder is it a goaltend ?

I wonder how much money he cost himself this spring?

Maybe enough that he could still be in New York's price range lol.

Seriously though, I still think he'll get 7+ million somewhere, which I think is out of New York's price range.

Did the Pacers even make a shot outside the paint the whole quarter? Bricks everywhere, and the Knicks couldn't take advantage.

The story of the series was how effective Hibbert was and how ineffective Chandler was. For his sake, I hope he was hurt because otherwise he was bad.

I think the only chance the Knicks have would be that he likes playing for them, they could sign him to a 2 year deal with the second year a player option, with a wink wink deal that they could give him big money after next season. I'm not so sure about that now...

And legit question, if a dunk attempt is blocked by the defender while still in shooters hand in the cylinder is it a goaltend ?

Not really sure what this means, but Hibbert's block was 100% clean and was not a goaltend.

The story of the series was how effective Hibbert was and how ineffective Chandler was. For his sake, I hope he was hurt because otherwise he was bad.

Yup. He was definitely hurt, I hope as a Knick fan that was the majority of the reason for his play

To me this loss and the end of the Knicks season comes down to having a max contract guy having no impact. Knicks have made a lot of bad contract moves over the last decade but signing Amare was by far the worst. Knicks had the best season of any team this year with a max guy playing a very small role. Sucks that the Knicks have him for 2 more years.

To me this loss and the end of the Knicks season comes down to having a max contract guy having no impact. Knicks have made a lot of bad contract moves over the last decade but signing Amare was by far the worst. Knicks had the best season of any team this year with a max guy playing a very small role. Sucks that the Knicks have him for 2 more years.
this is a pretty good stance, and add on to it that the knicks tried to fill holes with old guys. they patchworked a regular season roster that won some games around melo, but when push came to shove look at the number of guys they couldn't count on, Jason kidd, stoudamire, camby, martin, etc.

Not sure his signing would be as bad, if D'Antoni wasn't the coach. He ran him into the ground and he hasn't been healthy since.

It's definitely a huge blow now, but I can't say that was the worst signing they've made. At the very least, Amare was fantastic his first year in New York, and was a big reason that they actually got players like Melo wanting to go to New York. He brought an excitement to that team that they hadn't had in a long ass time.

Not really sure what this means, but Hibbert's block was 100% clean and was not a goaltend.
I was asking as I legitimately had questions about what the rule is, so if carmelo continues the shot and hibbert hand stops the ball and his hand is blocking the ball on the way down and his hand is over the cylinder is that ok because the contact of hibbert hand and the ball was made before the ball was over the cylinder?

I was asking as I legitimately had questions about what the rule is, so if carmelo continues the shot and hibbert hand stops the ball and his hand is blocking the ball on the way down and his hand is over the cylinder is that ok because the contact of hibbert hand and the ball was made before the ball was over the cylinder?

Yeah, I think you have it right. I don't think you can goaltend on a dunk unless you put your hand up through the rim or something.

Yup. He was definitely hurt, I hope as a Knick fan that was the majority of the reason for his play
I don't think Chandler has been right since he injured his back near the end of the regular season. That seemed to sap some of his energy, and he is a high energy player when he's well.

It's sad that the only players I feel confident in building around are Melo and Shumpert. Everyone else, I could care less what they do. JR was out partying and played horribly. Chandler was Hibbert's b***h while throwing his team under the bus. Kidd and Camby need to retire. Prigioni, Copeland and KMart, I would like to keep for bench play. Novak is useless in the Playoffs. Felton is ok but nothing special. Amare is an anchor on the salary cap who is and will always be injured. Bottom line is the Knicks need a legit second scorer for Melo. They don't currently have one and with Amare/Chandler have two underperforming big men preventing them from signing that help. Oh, and Woodson, Adios. You proved to everyone why the Hawks let you go. I'm pretty sure 95% of Knicks fans could have made better adjustments against the Pacers than Woodson did.

I'm going to continue to defend Chandler. I think he was playing hurt and he's going to be back to the Chandler I know and love next season. The rest of the guys; whatever. Amare's contract is basically turning out as bad as you could've expected.

Elimination game and Melo comes with 28 points and 6 rebounds. What a champion! Willing his team to victory. That's what true champions do. Do you hear me Lebron James! That's what you have to do when you don't just join forces with other players who are also good. I'm sorry I had to. I'm ready to argue. Someone take a shot at Melo, I'm ready for the back and forth.

I think this series could have been a lot different if Marcus Camby was healthy. They had no 2nd center to guard Hibbert, and it forced everyone to take a man larger than them on defense. And if they had one more guard who get into the lane for himself.

I think this series could have been a lot different if Marcus Camby was healthy. They had no 2nd center to guard Hibbert, and it forced everyone to take a man larger than them on defense. And if they had one more guard who get into the lane for himself.

I was thinking that by about game 4 or so. He would have at least had more length to put on Hibbert.

Game 6 - Knicks 34 fouls, 18 foul shots; Pacers 16 fouls, 46 foul shots
Series total - Knicks 162 fouls, 105 foul shots; Pacers 116 fouls, 171 foul shots.

Just sayin..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom