Big Game Melo | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Big Game Melo

a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And as I've said, it goes both ways. You think it leans one way, I think it leans the other. That's the power of free thought in America.

The fact that the Knicks can't hit a 3 right now and Melo is also struggling as well might make you lean in one direction.

But that said, I really don't know. Having shooters spreads the court, but having a guy like Melo also gives them even more room because you need to focus so much attention on Melo.

One way to look at it would be to say it's a lot easier to find the shooters the Knicks have than to find Melo

The fact that the Knicks can't hit a 3 right now and Melo is also struggling as well might make you lean in one direction.

But that said, I really don't know. Having shooters spreads the court, but having a guy like Melo also gives them even more room because you need to focus so much attention on Melo.

One way to look at it would be to say it's a lot easier to find the shooters the Knicks have than to find Melo

That Melo has been a premier scorer in the league for the better part of 8 years makes me lean the way I lean.

I already answered this.

And as I've said, it goes both ways. You think it leans one way, I think it leans the other. That's the power of free thought in America.

If he had actually had a career year this year, you'd have a point. But he didnt. It was one of his better seasons, but not far and away his best or anything like that.

It should also be noted that Melo himself made a pretty large chunk of those 3s.

That Melo has been a premier scorer in the league for the better part of 8 years makes me lean the way I lean.

Well obviously Melo is a very accomplished scorer.

But he had what was basically a career high in true shooting% and easily his career high in usage rate.

Of course I don't even know which way I lean. Melo is going to score a ton of points no matter who surrounds him on the court. But he had, when you combined his efficiency and his usage, the best offensive season of his career. I think part of that can be contributed to the offensive system the Knicks used this year. (Which, btw, Melo was a huge part of. the fact that the Knicks could downsize and Melo was able to play the 4 is why it worked).

a lot of melo bashing for a guy that led his team to 54 wins, a division title, a 1st round playoff win, and is currently 2 wins away from the conference finals. this is with Smith and Chandler playing like doggy doo doo.
And here in Game 6 he is the only Knick you have ANY confidence in with the ball. Who is that guy in Tyson Chandler's body? JR Smith is making Paul Harris look like Bobby Hurley.

can everyone explain how awesome Carmelo's supporting cast is again, some of these guys shouldn't be on any roster, not just nba

can everyone explain how awesome Carmelo's supporting cast is again, some of these guys shouldn't be on any roster, not just nba

Oh stop it. Melo's shot the ball just as bad as them the majority of the postseason. One good game from Melo while the rest or the team plays poorly doesn't change that.

so far ny has been called for 30 more fouls than indiana in this series... so far tonight its 20-9... the last 3 games so far 29-18 , 30-18, 20-9... unreal

Hibbert should just lay on the ground all game. That's where he ends up anyway.

And a couple minutes later, you see glimpses of how good the supporting cast was for most of the year. Melo and the rest of the team have all sucked all post-season. The only guy that's been consistently solid is Pablo Prigioni, but Woodson is reluctant to play him for god knows why.

Maybe now that they made some 3s, it will help Open things up for Melo so he can score some points...oh, wait...

You think Iman shumpert hitting threes doesn't help melo?

Okay, bro. Have a nice night. By the way, I'm rooting for melo as much as the next guy.

You think Iman shumpert hitting threes doesn't help melo?

Okay, bro. Have a nice night. By the way, I'm rooting for melo as much as the next guy.

You think Melo absolutely murdering Indiana all night doesn't help his guys get good looks? You said earlier it was the shooters helping Melo all year, rather than the other way around. It's ok to be wrong, we all are sometimes.

Good for Shumpert stepping up and catching fire, it was much needed.

You think Melo absolutely murdering Indiana all night doesn't help his guys get good looks? You said earlier it was the shooters helping Melo all year, rather than the other way around. It's ok to be wrong, we all are sometimes.

Good for Shumpert stepping up and catching fire, it was much needed.

Reading comprehension is fun!

I said it is a COMBO of both. I said in my opinion the fact the Knicks were a threatening team from three helped melo moreso than the other way around.

Again, it's not as black and white as you claim. Just like critiquing a player doesn't mean you're bashing them. Reading comprehension.

Reading comprehension is fun!

I said it is a COMBO of both. I said in my opinion the fact the Knicks were a threatening team from three helped melo moreso than the other way around.

Again, it's not as black and white as you claim. Just like critiquing a player doesn't mean you're bashing them. Reading comprehension.

Melo had 31 before anyone else had done squat...same thing he's done his whole career, whether he has shooters or not. Even Barry tonight credited Melo as being the factor that helped the Knicks hit so many 3s this year.

Basketball comprehension.

Melo had 31 before anyone else had done squat...same thing he's done his whole career, whether he has shooters or not. Even Barry tonight credited Melo as being the factor that helped the Knicks hit so many 3s this year.

Oh wow even Barry? Thanks for the info.

Since I don't like wasting time talking to brick walls, I'm going to go enjoy the game.

That's fantastic. Melo did a great job for 3 quarters of a game without his teammates doing anything. You're right. He has done this his whole career. He almost always shoots in the 35-41% range once the playoffs start and he tries to carry the team on his back.

How great he's been for one game does not have anything to do with how bad he and the entire team have been almost every game in the post-season this year. He had a great year, and he's a very versatile scorer, but none of that has any impact on how much he's struggled this post-season, and most post-seasons.

Edit: Anyways, like GoHam said, I'm going to go enjoy the end of the game. I'll be rooting for the Knicks.

That's fantastic. Melo did a great job for 3 quarters of a game without his teammates doing anything. You're right. He has done this his whole career. He almost always shoots in the 35-41% range once the playoffs start and he tries to carry the team on his back.

How great he's been for one game does not have anything to do with how bad he and the entire team have been almost every game in the post-season this year. He had a great year, and he's a very versatile scorer, but none of that has any impact on how much he's struggled this post-season, and most post-seasons.
you just sound like an idiot at this point.

Knicks need to figure out the out-of-nowhere Mutombo clone that is Roy Hibbert, and fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom