Big Game | Syracusefan.com

Big Game

Quite literally, the next three games can redefine the program.

Vs Top 15 NC State
At Top 5 Clemson
Vs ND (possibly ranked)

Go 3-0, in the driver seat for a conference title and Playoff. National talk is constant and positive.

Go 2-1, bowl eligible and in drivers seat for a new years day bowl. Still get some national love.

Go 1-2, still some talk, but not ready for the leap.

Go 0-3, same old Syracuse. Not ready for prime time, still may miss bowl, yadda yadda yadda.

NC ST wins...AT HOME...hmmmm
Leary leaves game late in the 3rd period...completed less than 50% of his passes for the game.
NC ST place kicker hit from 53 yards OUTDOORS...could be good from 55 in the dome.
Florida st QB ran for over 100 yards...hello G. Shrader.

Gonna be a rock fight...but whether Leary plays or not...gotta like Cuse's chances.

NC ST wins...AT HOME...hmmmm
Leary leaves game late in the 3rd period...completed less than 50% of his passes for the game.
NC ST place kicker hit from 53 yards OUTDOORS...could be good from 55 in the dome.
Florida st QB ran for over 100 yards...hello G. Shrader.

Gonna be a rock fight...but whether Leary plays or not...gotta like Cuse's chances.
Learys' throwing arm in a sling. X-ray ok, MRI to follow.

Absolutely huge for a number of reasons:

Bowl eligibility.

Chance to knock of a ranked team at home and answer some of the “how good is Syracuse?” questions.

Gives a big home crowd a reward, and encourages even bigger crowds for Notre Dame and FSU.

Sends recruits a message that our investments in staffing are paying off and there’s stability behind the promises we are making.

I’m not getting into the “turn the corner” discussion but win this one and things really start to build…

Even if Leary is healthy enough to play, he's probably not going to be anywhere close to 100%.
I'm not advocating hurting anyone, but their quarterback must go down... and he must go down hard.

Last edited:
Their backup QB could scramble. Never threw a pass. It was like running the Wildcat. 25 year old transfer from Coastal Carolina. But if they are one dimensional, that’s an advantage.

The key is that it is his throwing shoulder.

A sprain (slight tear) is still an injury you can’t play through as a QB.

Would be shocked if he played.

That said, it still won’t be an easy game IMO.

Their backup QB could scramble. Never threw a pass. It was like running the Wildcat. 25 year old transfer from Coastal Carolina. But if they are one dimensional, that’s an advantage.
So could Cunningham... But Cunningham could pass as well. How did that turn out?

Hope he’s ok and he plays.

TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All kidding aside, I do hope he's healthy enough to play...and to relative full ability. It's one thing having a LB, DE or WR go down. However, losing your QB generally is a total game changer.

It's certainly good fortune for us if he doesn't play, and no doubt we have had our share of misfortune, so we'll take it for sure. I just want us to rise to the occasion and be able to win this game with no asterisk, etc. type sentiment/marker.

All kidding aside, I do hope he's healthy enough to play...and to relative full ability. It's one thing having a LB, DE or WR go down. However, losing your QB generally is a total game changer.

It's certainly good fortune for us if he doesn't play, and no doubt we have had our share of misfortune, so we'll take it for sure. I just want us to rise to the occasion and be able to win this game with no asterisk, etc. type sentiment/marker.
Eh, still a top 25 matchup. Wouldn't give that an asterisk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom