Big Little Lies | Syracusefan.com

Big Little Lies

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
I have enjoyed this mini series and am anxious for the final episode on Sunday. The acting performances are outstanding.

I only hope HBO doesn't ruin the show's legacy by making a second season starring Vince Vaughn.

I have enjoyed this mini series and am anxious for the final episode on Sunday. The acting performances are outstanding.

I only hope HBO doesn't ruin the show's legacy by making a second season starring Vince Vaughn.

Watched along sporadically with my wife at the beginning, but really got into it as it went along. Didn't hurt that Nicole Kidman was not shy with showing her fantastic body.

Enjoyed the series. Thought the acting was outstanding. They had some serious money in that cast, so it should have been good, but I thought it was better than expected.

Did people skip this because they perceived it to be a "chick show" or are they just waiting for Game of Thrones to return before renewing their HBO subscriptions? Big Little Lies was better than The Night of and both seasons of True Decective.

Last edited:
Did people skip this because they perceived it to be a "chick show" or are they just waiting for Game of Thrones to return before renewing their HBO subscriptions? Big Little Lies was better than The Night of and both seasons of True Decective.

I try to give every HBO show a chance, but starting to feel like I get burned too much investing time. What does it compare to?

Personally, when I see a mega-star cast I get a bit turned off. The best shows/movies usually create the stars. Plus I tend to go with things that have a fantasy angle.

Definitely better than the second true but not the first. Haven't seen the night of, so can't comment there.

Definitely better than the second true but not the first.
I loved the first season of True Detective the first time through. After the failure of season 2, I went back and watched season 1. I realized it was just a banal network television detective drama that was elevated by the performances of McConaughey and Harrelson.

Halfway through this series right now, maybe my expectations were too high, but I don't love it. Hate the dialogue so far. Why do all the male characters talk like female characters?

No way is it better than anything but TD2. It drags a little at time. I'm halfway through, but I'm thinking Reese's ex has issues