Big Man Transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big Man Transfer

Does JB have an edict that we shalt not recruit any center weighing more than 190 lbs?

seems like we're in a size hole the past few years.

fab melo
Otis hill
rak christmas
daryl watkins
rick jackson
rony seikaly
craig forth
Jeremy oneil
dajuan coleman
etc

seems like we're in a size hole the past few years.

fab melo
Otis hill
rak christmas
daryl watkins
rick jackson
rony seikaly
craig forth
Jeremy oneil
etc

Dajuan has the sadz right now.

I’m not counting on Sidibe to do much next year. I just don’t see it.

Our way out of this is a grad transfer.

Your vision is excellent.

He has seemingly regressed. His defense is AWFUL! On offense he is a non factor most of the time. Occasionally he flashes some nice footwork on the block but for the most part he's hard to watch. After that game at Pitt last year I was convinced he was going to have a decent career. Now I dont even know if he belongs playing basketball at this level...

He has seemingly regressed. His defense is AWFUL! On offense he is a non factor most of the time. Occasionally he flashes some nice footwork on the block but for the most part he's hard to watch. After that game at Pitt last year I was convinced he was going to have a decent career. Now I dont even know if he belongs playing basketball at this level...

Hes been by far the biggest disappointment this year. Chukwu at least flashes some D and decent play in stretches. Sidibe looks like someone we pulled out of the crowd 30 secs before the game started. He looks beyond lost.

Hes been by far the biggest disappointment this year. Chukwu at least flashes some D and decent play in stretches. Sidibe looks like someone we pulled out of the crowd 30 secs before the game started. He looks beyond lost.

I dont know what some of you are expecting. I watched etan thomas foul out after 8 minutes or so as a frosh. Arinze onuaku struggled big time as a frosh. Im not sure weve ever had a frosh center whose been good. Sidibe is a sophomore but his frosh campaign was basically wasted by injury. Why would you have any expectations for him this year after an essentially lost year? I have expectations for him but they basically start next year. To say he has been the biggest dissappointment though seems like expectations need recalibrating.

Sid needs to get game experience. I hope he can get on with some US Junior team that plays overseas this summer.

I dont know what some of you are expecting. I watched etan thomas foul out after 8 minutes or so as a frosh. Arinze onuaku struggled big time as a frosh. Im not sure weve ever had a frosh center whose been good. Sidibe is a sophomore but his frosh campaign was basically wasted by injury. Why would you have any expectations for him this year after an essentially lost year? I have expectations for him but they basically start next year. To say he has been the biggest dissappointment though seems like expectations need recalibrating.
I always kind of laugh when people mention how raw Etan was as a freshman. Yeah, it's totally true, but it was clear as day seeing him on the court that it wasn't a matter of if he would be awesome, but how long it would take him to get there.

The only other freshman big that had anything close to that look was Christmas, and he was a big-time late bloomer.

I always kind of laugh when people mention how raw Etan was as a freshman. Yeah, it's totally true, but it was clear as day seeing him on the court that it wasn't a matter of if he would be awesome, but how long it would take him to get there.

The only other freshman big that had anything close to that look was Christmas, and he was a big-time late bloomer.
Seikaly

Seikaly

Seikaly was an athletic freak but not a basketball player when he came here. (Think he was a soccer player originalIy. I remember so many funny moments involving Seikaly. At UConn, the Huskies were taking a 1 and 1 free throw where of course Seikaly, a freshman, was right under the basket when the first shot was taken and missed. Seikaly just stood there like a statue while a UConn player got the uncontested missed free throw, put it up and made it. Seikaly was ballistic arguing with the ref while JB pulled him before he got a technical. Seikaly imitated the ref putting up 1 finger on one hand and one finger with the opposite hand. Seikaly said that meant the UConn player was supposed to get 2 shots. He had to learn the game. I remember he seriously believed the refs personally hated him calling fouls on him and was hurt that they didn’t like him. He just had trouble not understanding a game that was pretty new to him. .

He averaged 4 fouls a game in his 25 minutes/game his freshman year fouling out of 11 games. He was such a raw talent but exceptional athlete who really improved over time.

Odds of a grad transfer coming in and immediately playing effectively in the middle of the zone are basically zero. The list of talented bigs that struggled defensively their first year is a long one. And if you don't play fundamentally sound zone defense you don't play for JB. Of all the 5's that have come through since we switched to zone exclusively the only one who looked comfortable from Day 1 may have been Craig Forth. And for those of you who say we will never be successful without a top notch big remember we won a National Championship with a center named...

...Craig Forth.

The top grad transfer on my wish list is Nathan Knight. 6'10 center. He's a junior on William and Mary currently averaging 20 pts, 8 rbds, 3.5 assists, 2 blks. And ... he grew up in Syracuse! William and Mary is pretty awful this season too, so if I were him I'd be wanting out. Just pure conjecture, but this seems like a great fit.

The top grad transfer on my wish list is Nathan Knight. 6'10 center. He's a junior on William and Mary currently averaging 20 pts, 8 rbds, 3.5 assists, 2 blks. And ... he grew up in Syracuse! William and Mary is pretty awful this season too, so if I were him I'd be wanting out. Just pure conjecture, but this seems like a great fit.

Nice find. Very productive this year against ACC competition. Would be a pretty intriguing option if he's eligible and interested.

Virginia: 9-17/5reb/2blk/22pts
Notre Dame: 5-10/7reb/6ast/18pts

Last edited:

Nathan Knight - 2016-17 - College of William and Mary

He sounds nice. Went to Nottingham. Classic late bloomer. Grew a couple of inches and lost a much of bad weight after high school.

Could he graduate by September of 2019? This year is only his 3rd year of college.

For Nathan Knight, hard work pays off | Flat Hat News

He sounds nice. Went to Nottingham. Classic late bloomer. Grew a couple of inches and lost a much of bad weight after high school.

Could he graduate by September of 2019? This year is only his 3rd year of college.

For Nathan Knight, hard work pays off | Flat Hat News

It would be nice to land a player like this who already knows what he's doing in the low post, and isn't just a pogo stick / athlete trying to learn to play basketball.

A kid who could put the ball in the basket and put a body on people on the defensive boards would really solidify next year's team. No idea if someone like this is viable, but it is an intriguing idea that Boxboro22 brings up.

All three, werent goid as freshman. Believes etan was the only one who was good as a sophomore
HUh! not the one I remember He played like he had Ice Skates on his feet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom