Big Monday in 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Big Monday in 2017

SU94

Starter
Bummed that the 2016 version of Big Monday is complete. I always enjoy it.

With this in mind, I’d like to see the following formula for Big Monday 2017 ...

1. Have 2 ACC games played on Monday night. One start at 7:00 on ESPN, the other start at 8 p.m. on ESPN2 (or ESPNU). There are just so many teams now that I think it merits two games.

2. The ACC Office should "demand" that S.McDonough remain the main PxP guy for the primary game, but get Bilas involved. He brings legit “star” power. And if he cannot commit, I want Dan Dakich in that chair riding shotgun alongside McDonough. BTW, I like Doris Burke’s work. Nothing sexist here, I just think that this is ACC Basketball’s primary (near) exclusive broadcast window every week, and I think ESPN's assignments should reflect the importance of the Big Monday series. I am 100% fine with Burke doing the ACC under-card game (or the 9 p.m. Big XII game). She's either their 3rd or 4th best color person, which is nothing to sneeze at.

3. Saturday night games are still big, but those are not exclusive to the ACC. They also feature Big XII and B1G. Plus, the primetime NBA game has stolen some of the luster. So, time for the ACC to place its emphasis on Big Monday.

Jay Bilas is now the premiere analyst at ESPN. He will only do select Big Monday games. Doris is fine in her role as the analyst. Dan Dakich is a Big Ten guy thru and thru he will want and will continue to do the Big Ten Super Tuesday game.

ESPN likes putting good women's games Monday on ESPN2.

Some select Big Mondays ESPNU have a 9pm ESPNU game.

Sean McDonough has been the PBP for the last decade on Big Monday he is going nowhere.

Saturday night primetime has never been exclusive to the ACC it is always the premiere game each week.

Jay Bilas is now the premiere analyst at ESPN. He will only do select Big Monday games. Doris is fine in her role as the analyst. Dan Dakich is a Big Ten guy thru and thru he will want and will continue to do the Big Ten Super Tuesday game.

ESPN likes putting good women's games Monday on ESPN2.

Some select Big Mondays ESPNU have a 9pm ESPNU game.

Sean McDonough has been the PBP for the last decade on Big Monday he is going nowhere.

Saturday night primetime has never been exclusive to the ACC it is always the premiere game each week.
That is all fine and good. That is what has happened to date. My post is a suggestion for the ACC to help ESPN continue to grow the profile of not only our conference, but the Big Monday brand. I sense it has stalled a bit in the last 4-5 years. Maybe that has something to do with the death of the "real" Big East, not sure. In my estimation, the ACC should make a few calls and begin to bolster the Big Monday formula.

Big Monday is not broken. But that does not mean it cannot be improved.
Alsacs .. nothing is forever. These assignments change annually. I wish Raftery was walking through that door, but he's not.

Beautiful. JFBeautiful.

All I'm saying is ESPN/ESPN2 and the other main networks of ESPN TV (ABC, ESPNU, ect) channels have prob least a 95 % male viewership

That's all.

Doesn't ESPN have ESPNW for that.
Dude why behave like this. I see absolutely no reason to take a classless shot at women's basketball.

Before you hit post reply think if my comment adds any value. Like comedy, factual, opinion, something. Taking a classless shot doesn't help you. You should go after Trumpkins with that.

All I'm saying is ESPN/ESPN2 and the other main networks of ESPN TV (ABC, ESPNU, ect) channels have prob least a 95 % male viewership

That's all.
My GF loves sports. I have cut back watching ESPN because of how awful SportsCenter and Embrace Debate has become.

To assume that only men watch ESPN/sports is ignorant. Women make up 41% of ESPN's audience.

That's all.
You must be kidding. I mean that can't be a serious comment. In case you have not noticed, three of the mods/admins here are women. (And one of them played college basketball).

My GF loves sports. I have cut back watching ESPN because of how awful SportsCenter and Embrace Debate has become.

To assume that only men watch ESPN/sports is ignorant. Women make up 41% of ESPN's audience.

My wife is a huge sports fan and watches all the time.

That was a shallow statement for sure. Yeesh

That's all.
I have six daughters who all play basketball (well, the 3 year old doesn't yet). We all watched the SU game last night but if it wasn't SU on ESPN we probably would have watched the UConn women on the deuce.

Why did they get rid of the gameday game start at 9pm? I always loved the 9pm starts. I dislike the NBA so i just don't get it. And BTW i think ESPN coverage of CBB sucks. I want to watch the game on not miss game action for promotion of games that are on days from now. This is 2016 there are plenty of ways to find out what other games are on any channel at any given time . How many plays did we miss last night for ESPN stupid promos? i can remember missing a lydon free throw because of it and what is EPSN's problem with showing under the basket out of bounds plays?

You must be kidding. I mean that can't be a serious comment. In case you have not noticed, three of the mods/admins here are women. (And one of them played college basketball).

Oh here we go. I didn't take a shot at women or degrade women.

I'll ask u this Who here on this board would rather watch The game they had Last night ESPN2 Women Uconn vs South Florida.

Or Men's game Oklahoma State at Iowa State.

BTW, Outside of Breanna Stewart. Most prob off the top of their heard without looking up could name 3 players on that team.

I'm just saying. But please I did not take a shot or degrade women.

My wife is a huge sports fan and watches all the time.

That was a shallow statement for sure. Yeesh

Did I say Women should not be allowed to watch or talk bout sports ? No.

Yeah but then I would miss the doozy Ted Cruz posts that make my eyes pop out.

I can't share or say anything. If u don't agree with what i say or think don't respond.

A forum is to share thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom