Big Ten exploring using the Dome for winter football | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten exploring using the Dome for winter football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are they playing?
I don't think the rest of the B1G wants to play a game of chicken with the bell cow. They will vote to play or OSU might do something drastic.

I don't think the rest of the B1G wants to play a game of chicken with the bell cow. They will vote to play or OSU might do something drastic.

What? The ACC, SEC and B12 are already playing their revised schedules. Are they suddenly going to add Ohio State?

What? The ACC, SEC and B12 are already playing their revised schedules. Are they suddenly going to add Ohio State?
OSU went along with the program as they thought when the B1G cancelled, the other P5's would fall in line and cancel as well. When that didn't happen they said things better change or there will be blow back. What would the B1G be if they lost OSU? Another PAC12, AAC? If OSU could go to the ACC they would be even stronger, I think that these facts have crossed their mind, and the rest of the B1G as well.

OSU went along with the program as they thought when the B1G cancelled, the other P5's would fall in line and cancel as well. When that didn't happen they said things better change or there will be blow back. What would the B1G be if they lost OSU? Another PAC12, AAC? If OSU could go to the ACC they would be even stronger, I think that these facts have crossed their mind, and the rest of the B1G as well.
Do you really think OSU would give up their past (B1G tradition) and their future (Mega B1G millions) to save one football season?

Do you really think OSU would give up their past (B1G tradition) and their future (Mega B1G millions) to save one football season?
Something gravitus transpired or I don't think the league would reverse their decision. I don't think that Ohio fits the B1G culturally anymore. They would be more at home in a southern based conference. I wouldn't put it past a program like OSU to do anything to further their cause. And they see ND in and think plus the OSU, hands down college footballs king conference.

Something gravitus transpired or I don't think the league would reverse their decision. I don't think that Ohio fits the B1G culturally anymore. They would be more at home in a southern based conference. I wouldn't put it past a program like OSU to do anything to further their cause. And they see ND in and think plus the OSU, hands down college footballs king conference.
The gravitus is that week one went well for the teams that played. The B1G lost 1/12 of its football money. tOSU isn't going anywhere.

The gravitus is that week one went well for the teams that played. The B1G lost 1/12 of its football money. tOSU isn't going anywhere.
Probably not, but programs like OSU will stop at nothing. Who would have thought A&M would have left the Big12.

4f1xer.jpg

Announcement coming today.

Probably not, but programs like OSU will stop at nothing. Who would have thought A&M would have left the Big12.
Everyone old enough to recall TAMU attempted to leave the UT shadows in 1996(?).when Arkansas left the the old conference. The remaining schools formed the Big 12 with schools.from the Big 8. UT and Baylor played politics to block the TAMU move.

UNL and OU ruled the Big 8 and UNL thought they would roll UT. We see how that worked out. Now they are largely irrelevant and getting paid.

Everyone old enough to recall TAMU attempted to leave the UT shadows in 1996(?).when Arkansas left the the old conference. The remaining schools formed the Big 12 with schools.from the Big 8. UT and Baylor played politics to block the TAMU move.

UNL and OU ruled the Big 8 and UNL thought they would roll UT. We see how that worked out. Now they are largely irrelevant and getting paid.
If ND stays in the ACC, it is likely that 2 bids every year will come from the SEC or the ACC plus 1 from the other one that doesn't get 2. That leaves OSU fighting with the Big12 and the Pac12 for the remaining bid. The B1G is played out and with ND in the ACC they are the 3rd or 4th rated conference.

If the B1G does indeed play this year, I wonder if that will cause strife in the P12. Could the B12 poach some combo of Oregon, Colorado, Utah, USC, Arizona?

If the B1G does indeed play this year, I wonder if that will cause strife in the P12. Could the B12 poach some combo of Oregon, Colorado, Utah, USC, Arizona?
Arizona and Arizona State would make some sense.
Colorado wants to be in the PAC-12 they get more students from CA than the Big XII footprint.
Utah isn’t leaving either.

The Arizona schools though I am sure they could possibly be approached.

Wait. Are you throwing out the possibility of the B12 poaching Colorado 5(?) years after the Buffs left the conference for the Pac?

Also, are you seriously throwing out the idea of USC leaving Stanford, Cal, and UCLA to play OU, UTex, and ... I guess TCU and Kansas?

Arizona and Arizona State would make some sense.
Colorado wants to be in the PAC-12 they get more students from CA than the Big XII footprint.
Utah isn’t leaving either.

The Arizona schools though I am sure they could possibly be approached.
I’ll grant that. It won’t happen, but they were in the Border Conference back in the day, so it passes the “could I realistically include it in a sci-fi book” test.

I bet Colorado would join Nebby in going back to the Big 12. Especailly since that 2 game series vs Nebby went so well for them.

Doubt Utah gets asked. But BYU would look great in that conference stepping in for CU.

Ohio State to the ACC with Notre Dame would be excellent. I hate Ohio State but that would seriously pants the Big Ten. They'd start demanding 2 for 1 from the Wolverines or threaten to cancel the series lol.

I bet Colorado would join Nebby in going back to the Big 12. Especailly since that 2 game series vs Nebby went so well for them.

Doubt Utah gets asked. But BYU would look great in that conference stepping in for CU.

Ohio State to the ACC with Notre Dame would be excellent. I hate Ohio State but that would seriously pants the Big Ten. They'd start demanding 2 for 1 from the Wolverines or threaten to cancel the series lol.
No they won’t.
Colorado left the Big XII due to demographics.
More Colorado alumni and students live in the PAC-12 region than the Big XII region.

They left due to that.
Colorado is not Leaving the Pac-12.

Ohio State runs the Big Ten they are NEVER EVER EVER EVER leaving the Big Ten.
They are getting there way now with their season coming back.

No they won’t.
Colorado left the Big XII due to demographics.
More Colorado alumni and students live in the PAC-12 region than the Big XII region.

They left due to that.
Colorado is not Leaving the Pac-12.

Ohio State runs the Big Ten they are NEVER EVER EVER EVER leaving the Big Ten.
They are getting there way now with their season coming back.

I agree but they might think about dissolving it. Big Ten without them becomes weaker than the P12. They get to effff over Michigan and Pedo St. ND/Clemson/Pitt every year isn't worse than UM/MSU/PSU to their fans.

The P12 might be playing by different rules look at the stuff they got together to ask for like healthcare after they graduate and pensions. You might have schools that want to go Indy+WCC for hoops if it continues.

I am getting ahead of myself here but the self inflicted issues caused by voting to not play may not disappear once guys take the field. I mean we live in a society where noone admits they made a mistake they just double down don't be shocked if a president of one of those schools doesn't allow the team to play with the rest of the conference.

No BYU to PAC-12. The prohibition on Sunday games is disqualifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.