Biggest Crowd Of The Year !!!! | Syracusefan.com

Biggest Crowd Of The Year !!!!

G

GoCuse44

I spoke with a person at the university today and they said there has been a huge demand for tickets for this Friday's game throughout the week.

For the first time this season there are no seats available in Sections 210, 211, and 212. I have been sitting in Section 210 for the past 20 years and that section has not been sold out since the McNabb era. Ticketmaster has approximately 3500 tickets available for sale as of 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday.

I honestly think we could have a sellout on Friday night !!!!!

Hopefully they won't all be Mountaineer Fans!

I spoke with a person at the university today and they said there has been a huge demand for tickets for this Friday's game throughout the week.

For the first time this season there are no seats available in Sections 210, 211, and 212. I have been sitting in Section 210 for the past 20 years and that section has not been sold out since the McNabb era. Ticketmaster has approximately 3500 tickets available for sale as of 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday.

My parents and brother have sat in 210 as well for exactly 20 years. I think they're row H maybe

The biggest question, is if the team can keep the crowd engaged. Or will it be another early mass exodus?

A sellout would look great on national TV.

At least if it's a close game they won't leave until sometime around the 4th quarter.

Ticketmaster has approximately 3500 tickets available for sale as of 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday

I don't know what the crowd will be, but haven't we been down the Ticketmaster path before only to find out it is off by 5K or more?

We hear this BEFORE every Home Game now and it never turns out to be true. It's all hype. They are trying to create a buzz and it doesn't work

Sellout? SELLOUT? Did you say SELLOUT (Jim Mora voice)...Sellout? It will be the typical 40-42,000

(no matter what the crowd is, we will win the toss, defer to the 2nd half, WV takes the opening drive and scores. And by the time everyone is sitting and settled in their seats the crowd will be out of the game since they are down 7-0 before most people put their fanny on the bleacher. If you win the toss take the ball!)

I didn't even think about the fact the game doesn't start till 8. Let me change that - at least they will stick around long enough to get their KeyBank handkerchief when they come in the door and then to see who the halftime dedication is for. Then there off.

We hear this BEFORE every Home Game now and it never turns out to be true. It's all hype. They are trying to create a buzz and it doesn't work

Sellout? SELLOUT? Did you say SELLOUT (Jim Mora voice)...Sellout? It will be the typical 40-42,000

(no matter what the crowd is, we will win the toss, defer to the 2nd half, WV takes the opening drive and scores. And by the time everyone is sitting and settled in their seats the crowd will be out of the game since they are down 7-0 before most people put their fanny on the bleacher. If you win the toss take the ball!)

Sort of goes along with the Jim Mora thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv5N3zztPgc

Gotta beat the traffic back to Bayberry
As someone who grew up in Bayberry, I miss all of the fair weather fans I used to talk shop with on my old paper route.

As someone who grew up in Bayberry, I miss all of the fair weather fans I used to talk shop with on my old paper route.

I miss Tri-R Drugs.. I bought more baseball and football cards in that place than anyone... Use to go there every Sunday after church at Christ the King...

not if the field has a grayish hint to it. there has to be a way to adjust the cameras on that.
It looked the same in the Superdome. Ditto for the Colts' new stadium. With all the black rubber dust in it, I don't think it's possible for FieldTurf to look naturally green indoors.

And ours still looks better than Nebraska's turf. Did anyone notice that mess?

If by sellout, you mean that the end zones could be sold out, then I think you might be right.

All those $85+ tickets between the 20s will not be sold or occupied. People need to get used to that.

If by sellout, you mean that the end zones could be sold out, then I think you might be right.

All those $85+ tickets between the 20s will not be sold or occupied. People need to get used to that.

Sadly. I still get angry when I see that on tv. Last year, we bought tix to the Pitt game on the 25 yard line. There were quite a few seats available. By the time halftime rolled around, I was wishing that I'd bought the $15 seats and just moved down later in the game. Every game I've been to in the Dome over the last 8 years, I ended up between the 40s on the first level by the end of the 3rd quarter anyway.

True...but my sources go along with this being the most full Dome of the year. I think we'll see well over 40k actual "butts" on the benches.

Now the real question is will there be over 40k still there in the 4th Q.

Makes sense with this being the one marquee home game this year. If you were only going to 1 game this would be it. Plus parents weekend as well.

Still wonder if they didn't give some of those tickets away as well like they did with youth organizations in the past. Nationally televised needs people there by any means.

Now what Doc Gross needs to do is offer free beer in the Dome after the final gun sounds so we can keep the crowd in the seats for a full 4 quarters. I'm afraid what would happen is that people would start lining up in the concourse 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter so as to beat the rush.

If the crowd is "bigger" than normal it will be because WV travels well! lol I don't think it will be SU fans.

I don't know what the crowd will be, but haven't we been down the Ticketmaster path before only to find out it is off by 5K or more?
You are right about Ticketmaster. Tonight there are a few seats available in 210 and 211 when it showed the sections as sold out last night. Also the remaining tickets increased from 3700 to 4400.