Biggest Need... | Syracusefan.com

Biggest Need...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it, but the answer is elite talent. We don't have it. WIth the possible exception of Hughes, all our players are complimentary. We have no top-tier defense, athleticism or scoring. Our interior players get dominated in the paint and on the glass. It's a disturbingly soft team, with no answers on the horizon until our young guys develop and recruiting improves.

Last edited:
I propose a harsh new policy - all power forwards and centers should be recruited from junior college/grad transfer sources only (when possible). Only exceptions being proper physical specimens or absolute athletic freaks, when possible out of high school, or from a country with an established basketball culture and system. Maximize all resumes regarding age, accumulated skill, and full adult maturation. No more 'project' players, ever. No more promoting as a badge of honor "he didn't even touch a basketball until 16."

The one year sit-out rule would be an impediment, but an initial investment/sacrifice might lead to a more consistent pipeline, no?

I'm not envisioning this under the current head coach.

We don’t have room for the two recruits already signed. How do we take anyone else.

Nate Sestina type. Big with skill. Averaging 7&7 in 27 mins for UK. 6’9 235 5th yr senior from Bucknell.

jba taking the shirt this season effectively makes him the big in next year's class

16 months ago, i wanted a class of symir, andre and big cliff
kadary, woody and jba is close enough

jba taking the shirt this season effectively makes him the big in next year's class

16 months ago, i wanted a class of symir, andre and big cliff
kadary, woody and jba is close enough
But the fact that JBA redshirted over Edwards states how raw he is. Also if you look at recruiting for 2021 we are offering 3 bigs and on the verge of offering a 4th indicates the staffs view that there is still a need there.

But the fact that JBA redshirted over Edwards states how raw he is. Also if you look at recruiting for 2021 we are offering 3 bigs and on the verge of offering a 4th indicates the staffs view that there is still a need there.

Sidibe graduates in 2021.

Sidibe graduates in 2021.
so does Marek, all things being equal forward would be the biggest need in the class with only Braswell, Guerrrier, Newton projected to be on the roster.

But the focus is clearly on the 5 spot maybe JB is going back to playing two bigs i.e. AO and Ricky or Fab and Rock, I for one sure hope so.

i remain high on jba in the long term at least

and i'm not the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online