Biggest victory of the year reason for hope | Syracusefan.com

Biggest victory of the year reason for hope

kcsu

Living Legend
As i look back on this season there are two things that stick out but one that provides great reason for hope. First this has to go down as one of the worst coaching jobs of all time on the hill. Im not sure what many are looking at but if Doug wasnt a Syracuse Grad would anyone be defending the coaching job that he put out this year? We were horrible in all three phases of the game. Regressed in all three phases and Dougs Life Skills program didnt kick in when adversity hit in fact the team became fractured because Doug refused to give another QB namely Loeb a chance when Ryan was playing horrible ball. Now that the season is over i have no problem disclosing that this is what i was told caused the split.

Now for the good news. None of this matters long term. Our biggest win this year was Nancy and Gross working our way into the ACC. Because of this accomplishment our program will survive and i believe long term thrive. Stability, Exposure, Capital. The oxygen, food and water of a program have been secured. As to coaching i hope that Doug makes it but in the long run it doesnt matter. Syracuse doesnt have to worry anymore. We are stable and unlike when we hired Doug we are in a much better position to recruit and hire a head coach. Doug will either win or he will be fired. Regardless the program is on a solid foundation for the future.

Nice juke there - I thought your title was referring to the WVU game that in hindsight was a complete fluke.

I agree with you regarding being in a better place. I don't expect DM to be the answer so it is good to know that things should be more stable during the next search and SU should be considered a better job (although the flip side is was it better to have a real shot at winning the BE than it will be to be an ACC also ran for awhile?).

DM knows that things have to improve quickly for him to survive. All the "it falls on me" pressers in the world can't change the fact that he has shown nothing to indicate that he should be a head coach at this level. The majority of us (especially those of us over 35) are, for better or worse, who we are at this point in our lives. Changing ourselves, our skills, our strengths, etc is almost impossible at a certain point as we become creatures of habits that are difficult to break. While not impossible, I don't see a magic transformation in DM and I don't think that he is suddenly going to become a great coach. So hopefully the ACC relocation will attract better potential HCs next year.

Who were some of the other better players that should have been on the field but weren't?

Who were some of the other better players that should have been on the field but weren't?
What post are you refering to? The split was caused by the team not having confidence in Ryan and Dougs reluctance to play another QB when Ryan was in the tank.

Does this mean some players believe Loeb is shining in practice? Are we talking about a group on the offense? Because Ryan is setting season records, as is Lemon, and Provo set a career record, Bailey got his 1000 yds -- difficult to understand if these guys aren't supporting their QB.

As for the ACC, it helps with $$ and stability (and appeal to a future HC if it comes to that), but does not immediately change our recruiting fortunes. How good is our staff at selling the program and the school and overcoming the objections (location, only one bowl in recent history, facilities).

What post are you refering to? The split was caused by the team not having confidence in Ryan and Dougs reluctance to play another QB when Ryan was in the tank.
i thought there were general posts about not playing the best players because they don't practice well. My mistake.

As i look back on this season there are two things that stick out but one that provides great reason for hope. First this has to go down as one of the worst coaching jobs of all time on the hill. Im not sure what many are looking at but if Doug wasnt a Syracuse Grad would anyone be defending the coaching job that he put out this year? We were horrible in all three phases of the game. Regressed in all three phases and Dougs Life Skills program didnt kick in when adversity hit in fact the team became fractured because Doug refused to give another QB namely Loeb a chance when Ryan was playing horrible ball. Now that the season is over i have no problem disclosing that this is what i was told caused the split.

Now for the good news. None of this matters long term. Our biggest win this year was Nancy and Gross working our way into the ACC. Because of this accomplishment our program will survive and i believe long term thrive. Stability, Exposure, Capital. The oxygen, food and water of a program have been secured. As to coaching i hope that Doug makes it but in the long run it doesnt matter. Syracuse doesnt have to worry anymore. We are stable and unlike when we hired Doug we are in a much better position to recruit and hire a head coach. Doug will either win or he will be fired. Regardless the program is on a solid foundation for the future.

I agree with you that getting into the ACC was the Hail Mary for the program. With that said, there is going to be a serious step up in competition when we make that jump and if we stay where we are right now, we will be competing with Duke for last place every season. Anyone who watched the ACC championship last night and thinks we could stay on the field with either VTech or Clemson needs to put down the pipe.

Im not sure what many are looking at but if Doug wasnt a Syracuse Grad would anyone be defending the coaching job that he put out this year? We were horrible in all three phases of the game.

You love creating 4 - 5 new threads a day (minimum) with the same negative stuff but then at the same time acting like you are the only one that thinks these things. There are maybe 5 posters on here defending Marrone, I'm not quite sure where you get the "many" part. That hasn't happened since the middle of the season.

Try posting something new instead of the same re-hashed stuff you say everyday over and over again. Your threads are starting to look like Marrone's coaching.

Everybody knows that the back-up QB is always the most popular guy on the team.

Based on what I saw of Loeb and Kinder during Spring practice ... it's a good thing Nassib never got hurt.

You love creating 4 - 5 new threads a day (minimum) with the same negative stuff but then at the same time acting like you are the only one that thinks these things. There are maybe 5 posters on here defending Marrone, I'm not quite sure where you get the "many" part. That hasn't happened since the middle of the season.

Try posting something new instead of the same re-hashed stuff you say everyday over and over again. Your threads are starting to look like Marrone's coaching.
As to posting something new i will continue to post whatever i feel like posting. Dont read them.

I will read whatever I feel like reading especially when someone posts comments that are not even close to factual, just so they can post something.

I will read whatever I feel like reading especially when someone posts comments that are not even close to factual, just so they can post something.
Take a pill Q. It is just a forum my point is if you dont like MY post dont read them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom