Biggiest game of the year...Ennis fails | Syracusefan.com

Biggiest game of the year...Ennis fails

In fairness...he kept them in it by cutting the lead from 6, and no one else was doing anything.

those were 2 of the worst decisions he made all year. Those were freshman mistakes that he hasn't made all year, thats very tough to believe especially after he got to the rack at will for the final 5 minutes, he takes 2 jumpers in the final 20 seconds for almost no reason

ennis is gone, he showed it today. at least johnny Flynn made a sweet 16.

Should have driven to the basket the play before that. Better to force the contact and get the call.

And did anyone else see the Dayton defender basically wrap up XMas so he couldn't roll on that same play? How do you not call that?

Grant fails, Fair fails, and Cooney fails. Both those shots were open jumpers. Yes he was getting to the basket easily but the kid played his heart out!

Yeah, thought he was equal parts suck & savior down the stretch.

The quick foul with 40 seconds left was silly. Should have waited for Grant for the double. They had him in a bad spot. For reference, see what Cooney did on the other end where we got the ball when they stepped out of bounds.

That dribble turnover changed the whole complexion of the game. Still not sure what the hell he thought he was doing.

That jumper was just flat out stupid. You could see it in Jimmy's reaction.

You wanna take that three, you better make it when they had been leaving the lane open the entire second half and you're 0 for everything on the night beyond 3 feet.

didn't need a 3 at the end. Ennis should have drove the lane. He'd been effective driving all game and ineffective jumpshooting. Besides, he may have gotten the and 1 call.

ennis is gone, he showed it today. at least johnny Flynn made a sweet 16.

Ennis is a great player. I hope he is back. This team just doesn't have the horses. You have to have at least 1 consistent jump shooter. Most teams have 2-3 legit long range threats.

Number one in the country to not even making the sweet 16... Just a horrible game all around that was literally the same exact movie I see every loss in march... Liked ennis shot at the end, grant fouled out... What can ya do guys. See you all next year... Cuse is in the house oh my god!

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 36s
Not buying that they were bad shots because they didn't go in. Syracuse feasted on Ennis' guts all season. March happens.

For once I agree with Seth. You're also a lot less likely to get a whistle going to the rim in that spot than you are down 4 w/ a minute left or whatever.

Ennis who was the only reason we were in the game at the end? That post is awful. He showed more heart today than anyone else.

And there is no h in Jonny Flynn.
ennis was 7-21 and 0-5 from three. you say he was the only reason we were in the game, I say he was the reason we weren't. he had 3 assist and 2 turnover including a bad one at the end. he took 2 bad shots at the end when the game was winnable. and he couldn't make a 3 where in college 3's are paramount.

I actually think visions of the Pitt game winner were dancing in his head. No, I'm not saying he selfishly wanted to be the hero, but he did it once, so he figured it would happen again... ??:noidea:

iommi said:
I actually think visions of the Pitt game winner were dancing in his head. No, I'm not saying he selfishly wanted to be the hero, but he did it once, so he figured it would happen again... ??:noidea:

I was thinking the same thing! He could have drive to the hoop and tied it.

I think I just heard Ennis scored 11 straight points? May or May not be true. The bottom line is the kid played super all year round and he had the balls to take these shots at the end. If you think we can do better without him, you are delusional.

If you are going to blame anyone, blame Cooney. He looked scared out there. Ennis played his heart out. Sometimes the shots don't drop. I did not like the jumper but had no problem with the 3 pointer for the win. Grant was also missing in action. This was a terrible loss. I know i am going to get hosed but I would love to see Patterson get a shot at playing.

ennis was 7-21 and 0-5 from three. you say he was the only reason we were in the game, I say he was the reason we weren't. he had 3 assist and 2 turnover including a bad one at the end. he took 2 bad shots at the end when the game was winnable. and he couldn't make a 3 where in college 3's are paramount.

Didn't he make 3 straight layups to keep us in the game? nobody played well. The entire team, on which NOBODY made a 3, is the reason we lost.

Thought the same thing - didn't even follow his shot...seemed a tad too focused on the victory lap.

It's not fair to say that Ennis failed tonight. Kid put the team on his back in a time of desperate needs. Nobody on SU wanted the ball in their hands tonight and it showed. Dayton played a confident ballgame while we gave it to them with unforced turnovers and missed shots consistently.

Praying desperately that Ennis returns next year because this freshman PG thing just doesn't work for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom