Biggiest game of the year...Ennis fails | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Biggiest game of the year...Ennis fails

I actually think visions of the Pitt game winner were dancing in his head. No, I'm not saying he selfishly wanted to be the hero, but he did it once, so he figured it would happen again... ??:noidea:

Gotta be smarter and know the game situation. I'm amazed at how many players don't understand game situations at this level. You absolutely have to drive the lane. Help side couldn't get there fast enough to block w/o fouling. I think he gets there for the lay in easily.

Didn't he make 3 straight layups to keep us in the game? nobody played well. The entire team, on which NOBODY made a 3, is the reason we lost.

Yeah, and so did CJ at the end. He was finishing with ease.

Ennis also had a turnover that led to a fast break where he was out of control, took a terrible jumper, and a somewhat questionable three.

ennis was 7-21 and 0-5 from three. you say he was the only reason we were in the game, I say he was the reason we weren't. he had 3 assist and 2 turnover including a bad one at the end. he took 2 bad shots at the end when the game was winnable. and he couldn't make a 3 where in college 3's are paramount.

What did Grant do? What about Cooney? Even fair? How many bunnies and put backs did this team miss. They looked flat from tip-off.

Yeah, and so did CJ at the end. He was finishing with ease.

Ennis also had a turnover that led to a fast break where he was out of control, took a terrible jumper, and a somewhat questionable three.

Cj was 4-14. He wasn't finishing with ease. Nobody was finishing at all for the majority of the game.

What did Grant do? What about Cooney? Even fair? How many bunnies and put backs did this team miss. They looked flat from tip-off.
it's hard to know what the other guys could do, the guy that cant shoot took the most shots by 7. he took 7 more shots than CJ. he took 21 shots. no one else took more than 6. if you are going to take the most shots you better make them. he played bad, you guys have no argument otherwise.

The only problem I have with Ennis's last shot is that he didn't follow it. He ran the opposite way and watched it rim out on the video board.

Had he followed his shot he would've had a minuscule chance at a rebound/put back.

He was definitely trying to relive Pitt.

orangehomer said:
ennis is gone, he showed it today. at least johnny Flynn made a sweet 16.

I have such a love/hate relationship with this board because of posts like this. Jonny was in the NIT his freshman year.

Ennis is gone. He has great court vision, great instincts, the right temperament, and a very high basketball IQ. To take him to task for what was clearly not a stellar performance tonight and think that negates this years accomplishments and is a sign that he is not ready to move on is silly. That is emotion speaking after a tough loss. I think the prevailing opinion of those who evaluate basketball talent for the next level are impressed with Ennis' game right now.

If you are going to blame anyone, blame Cooney. He looked scared out there. Ennis played his heart out. Sometimes the shots don't drop. I did not like the jumper but had no problem with the 3 pointer for the win. Grant was also missing in action. This was a terrible loss. I know i am going to get hosed but I would love to see Patterson get a shot at playing.

Why do you have to blame anyone?
Is there an acceptable number of missed shots?

They're just college kids. How about we not treat them like NBA players who are earning boatloads of money.

I'm not blaming this loss on Ennis, but I also think he is not ready to mae a good contribution to the NBA. Boeheim coached this kid to run a very slow pace offense and it has hurt the program. Syracuse was known as a run and gun fun offense is now being transformed into a zone defensive team.

This meltdown at the end of this year was in my opinion

A.) He ran the starters into the dirt.

B.) A lack of confidence in the kids he recruited.

C.) The stagnant offense he forced the kids to run to keep other teams in the game.
This style of zone takes a lot out of the kids during the game and that wears on them.

ennis was 7-21 and 0-5 from three. you say he was the only reason we were in the game, I say he was the reason we weren't. he had 3 assist and 2 turnover including a bad one at the end. he took 2 bad shots at the end when the game was winnable. and he couldn't make a 3 where in college 3's are paramount.
He's the reason? THE reason???

You are FOS or know nothing about basketball or both. I'm thinking it's both.

Fortunately due to technology, I never have to read your BS again!

Cj was 4-14. He wasn't finishing with ease. Nobody was finishing at all for the majority of the game.
CJ was being double & triple teamed every time he touched the ball. Not much more he could do.

If that last shot would have went in, he would have been legendary. Since it didn't, there are a lot of crazy posts that really are bashing the kid.
Was going to post exactly the same thing. No guts no glory. I'll take a whole team full of Tyler ennis any day of the week. We've had very few better.

Just want to point out that there were multiple threads about Ennis being the best PG to ever play here during our 25-0 run.

He's not as bad as he's being portrayed now and he wasn't as good as people were saying then. He will be a very good NBA guard... Maybe an All Star. And I will root for him like I do all Cuse players.

He's not ready for the big show. That's for sure.
Wow, did you turn the game on in time to only see the last play? I didn't agree with that last shot being a jump shot, but without Ennis we're not in the game. If you want to assign blame to a player, give it to our senior that went 4-14 and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the first half, not the freshman that scored our last 11 points.

We were missing Grant for overtime, no reason to play for a tie there.

Grant and cooney 2 points all night fair 4-14 ;We couldn't make a basket all night without ennis setting up a play. He set up probably every basket fair had tonight, and when he didn't fair missed.

Ennis and Grant have reasons to come back. Hope ennis is reminded of russ smith and the year before that peyton siva.

Him and Kaleb would make a great scoring backcourt for us. I think him and Kaleb will be able to run a real solid scoring offense together. Just my guess, but both can attack the rim not just the lane in isoation, pass off the dribble well, and will have a solid midrange shot. With that you won't need a true scoring guard. They would make a great tandem together not to mention the fast breaks.

Kaleb mentioned how he thinks two point guards work together in cuses system, and I agree we like to run isolation when we need tough baskets. Cuse is a isolation and transition ball dream school.

Last edited:
Game on the line. Ennis with a clear 3. I'll take that.

I like his broad shoulders. He's willing to carry the weight of victory or a loss. He carried us very well this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom