Bill O'Brien | Syracusefan.com

Bill O'Brien

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
My money is on O'Brien leaving PSU for the NFL. Article from FootballScoop.com.

Bill O'Brien: Bill O'Brien has been contacted by both the Texans and the Vikings according to Jason LaCanfora. There has also been a good bit of speculation in the profession that O'Brien could be a strong candidate with the Redskins down the road. It's early; but it sure does seem plausible that O'Brien could move back to the league this this off-season.

Agree and I am certain we would have beaten State with Hunt at the helm but can't say that about the NW game though...

im certain that if Robinson didn't sit the first half, they would have won by 20+. Let's move on.

I'm not certain of that at all. He made a spectacular play to start the second half. That's all.

SmilinBob said:
He may or may not go but it's time for SU to start beating these teams on the field regardless of who's coaching them.
But in the immediate, we should be looking to pick up some recruits.

I would love to get BoB out of there. I'll try my luck with the next guy being a bust. It's pretty amazing what he has done with some pretty strict sanctions. If he sticks it out through them then watch out.

My money is on O'Brien leaving PSU for the NFL. Article from FootballScoop.com.

Bill O'Brien: Bill O'Brien has been contacted by both the Texans and the Vikings according to Jason LaCanfora. There has also been a good bit of speculation in the profession that O'Brien could be a strong candidate with the Redskins down the road. It's early; but it sure does seem plausible that O'Brien could move back to the league this this off-season.

If he ever considers leaving Penn State for the Redskins, he's completely nuts.
Working for Lil Danny Snyder has to be one of the worst jobs in the NFL. It's a reputation-scarring, career-ending job.

O'Brien is as good as gone. NFL money, NFL pension, and a couple prime jobs about to come open...too tough to turn down.

Houston is the best NFL job to come open in the past 20 years. Whoever is offered that job won't turn it down. Solid foundation to build around, defense in place just needs some adjustments, #1 overall draft pick all but locked up. He could go there draft Bridgewater (or whatever QB he is in love with) and build a winner quickly. Or go sign Cutler or Rivers or a FA QB and have even faster success if he wants to take that route. Minnesota is a decent job too with a new stadium on the way. They are a QB away from being decent

Art Briles from Baylor to the Redskins to re-unite and coach RGIII appears that will happen. Briles saying he isn't leaving cause its recruiting season and all but its all but a done deal according to some

@AdamSchefter: Bill O'Brien's amended contract shows he reduced the price of an NFL buyout from $19.33 million last year to $6.48 million for this year.

@AdamSchefter: One Penn State official said Bill O’Brien’s rep recently approached the school about potential reducing his NFL buyout even further.

Bill O'Brien should RUN to that Lions job that is about to be open. Team is on the brink, just needs a decent coach. Everything is in place

O'Brien is as good as gone. NFL money, NFL pension, and a couple prime jobs about to come open...too tough to turn down.

Houston is the best NFL job to come open in the past 20 years. Whoever is offered that job won't turn it down. Solid foundation to build around, defense in place just needs some adjustments, #1 overall draft pick all but locked up. He could go there draft Bridgewater (or whatever QB he is in love with) and build a winner quickly. Or go sign Cutler or Rivers or a FA QB and have even faster success if he wants to take that route. Minnesota is a decent job too with a new stadium on the way. They are a QB away from being decent

Detroit will probably be looking for a new coach, and are ready made for a quick turnaround as well. I'd say that's at least as good an opportunity as Houston.
He could go from coaching O'Brien's Lions...to coaching O'Brien's Lions.

He should jump at any opportunity he has in the NFL, because IMO, the job he has done at PSU has been vastly overrated.

I agreed with everything until you said Bridgewater. That kid is overrated.

I agreed with everything until you said Bridgewater. That kid is overrated.
he is far from overrated...he is a can't miss QB

Detroit will probably be looking for a new coach, and are ready made for a quick turnaround as well. I'd say that's at least as good an opportunity as Houston.
He could go from coaching O'Brien's Lions...to coaching O'Brien's Lions.

Detroit is not a turnaround job. It's ready made.

All4SU said:
I'm not certain of that at all. He made a spectacular play to start the second half. That's all.

I was at the game and this isn't true at all. He had 133 yards, all in the second half, on 7 catches. He was wide open the entire time he was on the field. The fact that SU didn't do a great job making halftime adjustments early in the season leaves no doubt he would have went for 240+ had he played the entire game.

I was at the game and this isn't true at all. He had 133 yards, all in the second half, on 7 catches. He was wide open the entire time he was on the field. The fact that SU didn't do a great job making halftime adjustments early in the season leaves no doubt he would have went for 240+ had he played the entire game.
Agree but the Cuse offense would have been much more productive with Hunt rather than Allen.

he is far from overrated...he is a can't miss QB

We completely screwed with that kid last year and shook him up.

He's a very good QB, not great and would not be my #1 pick.

I'd take Bortles over him if choosing a QB. Bortles has a higher ceiling.