Bill O'Brien | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bill O'Brien

Would be great to have Schiano at psu??? they won't win anything there
Isn't PSU in the same division as Rutgers too? That will be interesting when they hook up every year.

I don't see Schiano as a good fit at Penn St honestly. I think that fanbase will not like him within a short time. And after a few losses to Ohio St, Mich, Mich St and such they will turn on him quick. O'Brien was "likeable"...Schiano clearly isn't!

Would be great to have Schiano at psu??? they won't win anything there

They will suck on game day, but Schiano will also suck up every 4 and 5 star prospect in the northeastern US, as well as most of the 3-stars who cast their eyes in our direction. Guy can't coach but the SOB sure knows how to recruit.

They will suck on game day, but Schiano will also suck up every 4 and 5 star prospect in the northeastern US, as well as most of the 3-stars who cast their eyes in our direction. Guy can't coach but the SOB sure knows how to recruit.
Yeah, this would not be good for SU. As much as we hate him and as much as he sucks gameday, his snake-oil salesman talents make him a great recruiter.

If you have a chance to hire a complete tool who is also a really awful gameday coach, you just have to take it.

I agree, if I were them Dantonio would be my first call. Don't know if he would leave but why not. Charlie strong as well.

Yeah, this would not be good for SU. As much as we hate him and as much as he sucks gameday, his snake-oil salesman talents make him a great recruiter.

How many 4 and 5 star kids from the northeast are we signing anyway? I'm not worried at all, psu already recruits well in the Northeast. He will hurt people recruiting 4 and 5 star kids in northeast and Florida.

That is why you have a GMC in Florida and Midwest contacts. The 6 hour radius is a thing of the past

Maybe, but seems like the current staff has a ton of pull in the midwest and the south. Monkey Face might be able to come in and get the NJ kids, but we aren't getting them anyway. PA would be a battle ground for sure, but I'd take our chances with G Mac in FLA.

Isn't PSU in the same division as Rutgers too? That will be interesting when they hook up every year.

I don't see Schiano as a good fit at Penn St honestly. I think that fanbase will not like him within a short time. And after a few losses to Ohio St, Mich, Mich St and such they will turn on him quick. O'Brien was "likeable"...Schiano clearly isn't!

Oh I agree 100%, there are plenty of better coaches out there. Plenty of places they can look. If they do hire him or they don't, I don't think it will effect us much either way.

UCONN will get hurt big time with who they hired if shady comes back

If we are interested in getting back in NJ, this would be a bad thing. If we have thrown in the towel in NJ, maybe not so much. I still don't want him back in the NE.

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet3m
From #NFLGameDay: Penn State is preparing to lose Bill O’Brien. Their AD is ready to make a strong push for #Bucs coach Greg Schiano.

Oh good, now every college coach can hate him too as he tries to prove what a tough guy he is when he tries to win the kneel down formation and take out knees after getting his a@@ kicked the previous 59 minutes

He didn't have enough impact for them to win at Minny.
Minny was the 3rd best team in the B1G this year, so that's not surprising.

Schiano going to PSU would all but decimate Buttgers.

Love this post from the Rivals Rutgers fan forum:

"If he goes there and Hafley follows, we are so f*cked. The guy can't coach worth jack , but he can run a college program. Hafley will take every guy we want (He got great talent to go to that after thought school in Steeler City).

Christ, this off season can't get worse if this happens."

I pretty much agree with everything in the first paragraph but would beg to differ about the second. How are negotiations with the AAC over exit fees going?

ha ha ha...if he is lying to the kid that is pretty low
Should've had the coordinator call to avoid the all-out lie.

That's from FHCDM's playbook as it related to a QB recruit from TX last year.

Schiano shouldn't hurt SU. PSU can only bring in so many kids each season, like the rest of schools. High school coaches are not going to be fooled by him on a second go round. Also, his coaching record has been under scrutiny, even by Rutgers fans, so it is not as if he will be telling his lies and the kids will be suckers for it. All we have to do is show the truth of what 4 & 5 star kids did once he got his hands on them, as every coach will do.

I agree that PSU fans will be mad after a few losses to UM, tOSU and MSU. If he loses to Rutgers, Indiana and Maryland, he may never coach again (not a bad thing in and of itself). Sure, he will win 6-8 games every year because enough Pennsylvania kids want to attend PSU, but he will still be a non-factor in anything big...or B1G for that matter.

If it is true that BOB told TH he is staying and he (or his agent) was actually negotiating at the time that would be just abut the lowest. Total disregard for the kid. Someone tell me it is not so.

If it is true that BOB told TH he is staying and he (or his agent) was actually negotiating at the time that would be just abut the lowest. Total disregard for the kid. Someone tell me it is not so.

Read an article this morning on the PSU board - Holley walked back (or was misquoted?) from what was originally reporter. New comment was BOB said he was working through things and couldn't say anything more.

Read an article this morning on the PSU board - Holley walked back (or was misquoted?) from what was originally reporter. New comment was BOB said he was working through things and couldn't say anything more.

That makes me feel better. Didn't want to think BOB was another sb.

@BFeldmanCBS: Just talked to an ACC coach: "If James Franklin ends up at #PennState that'd be bad for us. He'd kill it in recruiting around here."

Chryst? Shafer?

@BFeldmanCBS: Just talked to an ACC coach: "If James Franklin ends up at #PennState that'd be bad for us. He'd kill it in recruiting around here."

Chryst? Shafer?
Us

We already battle him for recruits

51 yards was his longest. Back that one catch out and he still had 6 catches for 82 yards. Hardly contained considering that was less than Half the game. Drop it bro.

And yet, PSU only scored three more points than SU in the second half...which is precisely how many points they out scored SU by in the first half. Your point is purely speculative, as is mine. We just don't know. But I'm not willing to concede that had he played int he first half, that SU wouldn't have adjusted for him in the second half. Just my opinion, Bro.

Chryst? Shafer?

We don't really compete with psu for too many recruits, I'm not really worried about that. Yes Franklin will recruit well but he will also recruit at a higher level at psu than vandy. Like I said not worried

We don't really compete with psu for too many recruits, I'm not really worried about that. Yes Franklin will recruit well but he will also recruit at a higher level at psu than vandy. Like I said not worried

Exactly. Maryland and perhaps Rutgers will be more effected by that hire than us.

Cheers,
Neil