Bill O'Brien | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Bill O'Brien

He was mentioned, and I believe I read he interviewed.
I meant Texas, not Texans...not surprised he met with Houston. Lovie won't be out of work too much longer if he doesn't want to be, I wouldn't think.

Oh, thought you were talking about Houston. Only because I don't see Lovie as a college coach at all. Like Stern said, he is an NFL coach all the way.

I could see Lovie in Tenn, Detroit or Tampa.

Lovie is a good coach and too smart to take a job like the Raiders or anything like that. And if he's smart he avoids Minnesota as well as that job isn't too good. Have to play in a college stadium now for a few years, no QB, and a mess on defense and offense. If Minnesota fires Frazier I could see that as a landing spot for Rex Ryan IF the Jets let him go (which I think they will). Minnesota needs someone who will shake things up, give them some PR, and put some life into the fan base...and that's what Rex does best. Brings energy. He can't coach for crap and is terrible with "in-game" decisions and such but he brings life where he goes.

I could see Lovie in Tenn, Detroit or Tampa.

Lovie is a good coach and too smart to take a job like the Raiders or anything like that. And if he's smart he avoids Minnesota as well as that job isn't too good. Have to play in a college stadium now for a few years, no QB, and a mess on defense and offense. If Minnesota fires Frazier I could see that as a landing spot for Rex Ryan IF the Jets let him go (which I think they will). Minnesota needs someone who will shake things up, give them some PR, and put some life into the fan base...and that's what Rex does best. Brings energy. He can't coach for crap and is terrible with "in-game" decisions and such but he brings life where he goes.

Have to disagree. Rex is a very good coach. MT drafted Sanchise not Rex and they have no talent on offense. The Jets could wind up at 8-8 which would be a miracle. I am not a jets fan but I don't think they are stupid enough to let him go - in favor of whom?

Have to disagree. Rex is a very good coach. MT drafted Sanchise not Rex and they have no talent on offense. The Jets could wind up at 8-8 which would be a miracle. I am not a jets fan but I don't think they are stupid enough to let him go - in favor of whom?
They fired the GM last year and not the coach. Now the new GM will want to hire his own coach and Rex is done. Rex is coming off his 3rd straight season with a record of .500 or worse. His time in NY gets worse every year. Name the offensive player who has improved or gotten better since Rex has came to NY? I will wait...the answer is there isn't one. Rex hasn't improved the offense at all in his 5 years. He has developed not 1 decent offensive player. Not a sign of a good coach.

Not to mention Rex was DUMB ENOUGH to play Mark Sanchez in the 4th quarter of a preseason game which got his starting QB injured. Cost his team their starting QB this year in August because of his dumb decision. Rex Ryan is a genius defensive coordinator but a terrible, and I mean terrible head coach. But there will be a team (Minny or Oakland) who will be dumb enough to hire him and give him a 2nd chance. And if the Jets keep them...well that's why they are the Jets and they haven't won squat since 1969

UPDATE: Just as I posted this I saw this on ESPN. Rex will probably stay in NY! As I said, that's why they are the JETS! (Just End The Season) http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10205338/signs-point-rex-ryan-return-new-york-jets-coach

Last edited:
They fired the GM last year and not the coach. Now the new GM will want to hire his own coach and Rex is done. Rex is coming off his 3rd straight season with a record of .500 or worse. His time in NY gets worse every year. Name the offensive player who has improved or gotten better since Rex has came to NY? I will wait...the answer is there isn't one. Rex hasn't improved the offense at all in his 5 years. He has developed not 1 decent offensive player. Not a sign of a good coach.

Not to mention Rex was DUMB ENOUGH to play Mark Sanchez in the 4th quarter of a preseason game which got his starting QB injured. Cost his team their starting QB this year in August because of his dumb decision. Rex Ryan is a genius defensive coordinator but a terrible, and I mean terrible head coach. But there will be a team (Minny or Oakland) who will be dumb enough to hire him and give him a 2nd chance. And if the Jets keep them...well that's why they are the Jets and they haven't won squat since 1969

Correct they fired the GM not Rex because the GM failed to get decent players. Sanchez was an object of ridicule and now somehow his absence is a critical failure for Rex? The Jets had were moving on from him and they finally released him. The Jets are not going to fire him.

Correct they fired the GM not Rex because the GM failed to get decent players. Sanchez was an object of ridicule and now somehow his absence is a critical failure for Rex? The Jets had were moving on from him and they finally released him. The Jets are not going to fire him.
And the Jets will continue to suck! Geno cost that team 2 or 3 games alone with his horrible play. Rex failed because he can't coach. And this "NEW" GM his first draft was awful. Geno Smith stinks. And Dee Millner is horrible and been benched in games multiple times. So nothing ha changed.

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Article/Bill-OBrien-tells-Thomas-Holley-hes-staying-168244

Brooklyn (N.Y.) Abraham Lincoln five-star defensive tackle and Penn State commitThomas Holleyspoke with head coachBill O'Briena few minutes ago regarding the ESPN report that O'Brien was in the process of working on a deal to become the Houston Texans next head coach.

“I just off the phone with him," Holley told 247Sports Luke Stampini. "He said he isn’t going. It’s not true."

http://pennstate. .com/Article/Bill-OBrien-tells-Thomas-Holley-hes-staying-168244

Brooklyn (N.Y.) Abraham Lincoln five-star defensive tackle and Penn State commitThomas Holleyspoke with head coachBill O'Briena few minutes ago regarding the ESPN report that O'Brien was in the process of working on a deal to become the Houston Texans next head coach.

“I just off the phone with him," Holley told Luke Stampini. "He said he isn’t going. It’s not true."
ha ha ha...if he is lying to the kid that is pretty low

And the Jets will continue to suck! Geno cost that team 2 or 3 games alone with his horrible play. Rex failed because he can't coach. And this "NEW" GM his first draft was awful. Geno Smith stinks. And Dee Millner is horrible and been benched in games multiple times. So nothing ha changed.

In the history of the Jets only three coaches have over .500 records and Rex is one of them.

Franchises are usually about player selection, development and management and the Jets do suck at that but that is on the GM and owner. Just look at the Cowboys, Redskins, Lions, Raiders etc.

Matt Milen, the worst GM in the history of football was liked by the owner so he never got fired. As soon as he was gone look what happened.

Anyway, the Jets suck and will continue to suck but that is not Rex's fault. If he is fired (which I doubt) he will get another NFL HC job so he might be better off.

In the history of the Jets only three coaches have over .500 records and Rex is one of them.

Franchises are usually about player selection, development and management and the Jets do suck at that but that is on the GM and owner.

player development is on the owner and GM? Uh, no. It's on the head coach and the assistants he hires. Whatever, Rex sucks and the Jets suck and I don't care enough to talk about either of them any longer.

Well, PSU won't hire a slouch so I am not sure it will affect recruiting at all.
The Titans head coach Mike Munchak will be hired about 72 hours after Obrien announces he is gone

player development is on the owner and GM? Uh, no. It's on the head coach and the assistants he hires. Whatever, Rex sucks and the Jets suck and I don't care enough to talk about either of them any longer.
Well that was certainly adult.

The Titans head coach Mike Munchak will be hired about 72 hours after Obrien announces he is gone
Good. He's a pro guy who cant coach worth #$%@.

I do hope that we get a couple flips. It would be nice to get that de-commit to flip back and I would love to pick up a player or two.