Bill Parcells 4 Rules for Drafting a QB | Syracusefan.com

Bill Parcells 4 Rules for Drafting a QB

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
I was going to put it in the NFL thread talking about Trubisky, but I thought Id give this its own thread...its interesting.

Per The Tuna...

1. He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
2. He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
3. He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time.
4. He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.

since 2000, 10 different QBs have won a SuperBowl.

1. Brady 5x
2. Eli 2x
3. Peyton 2x
4. Ben 2x
5. Dilfer 1x
6. Brad Johnson 1x
7. Brees 1x
8. Rodgers 1x
9. Flacco 1x
10. Russell Wilson 1x

of the 10, covering 16 years...only Brady (2 years and was jerked around for Henson), Brad Johnson (crazy he was basically a backup for 3 years) and Rodgers who only started for 2 years don't fit the bill.

then going back another 10 years we add

1. Aikman 3x
2. Elway 2x
3. Hoss 1x
4. Rypien 1x
5. Young 1x
6. Favre 1x
7. Warner 1x

I think only Rypien who got hurt his soph year and Warner don't make the cut.

im assuming going back into the 80s and later all were long term starters.

26 years...5 guys.

good luck!!

I think anyone who takes Trubisky over Watson is nuts. One has not been tested whatsoever and the other played year after year at the highest level of college ball.

I think anyone who takes Trubisky over Watson is nuts. One has not been tested whatsoever and the other played year after year at the highest level of college ball.
exactly, I mean you cant tell he me he cant be as good as Wilson.

Forget Trubisky or Watson. The Browns should pick this lady. She has a cannon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom