Bills fans posterize opposing fans at tailgates... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bills fans posterize opposing fans at tailgates...

The world would be a better place if the guys weren't running around posterizing people. I know it is fairly harmless, but these guys are jackasses.

Yeah. I guess don't get all the hyperness at tailgates from adults. This crap here, all the unathletic people running horrible routes and playing catch, tackling each other, etc. I don't get it. Sit down and drink a beer and eat!

Context is everything

Are you saying that strangers can jump on you as long as it is a joke? I get that watching the video is funny, but if I am at an away stadium walking into a game and some idiot jumps up on my like this, I am not sure if I take the 30 seconds to determine if they are kidding around or if I was just assaulted. Maybe you have never been in a scenario that went the other way. I have an I would probably be the guy who ends up fighting one of these guys. For perspective back in 2007 at Ralph Wilson for a Pats game the Patriots took a 35-7 lead at halftime I think. As we cheered for the Patriots going into the half I had popcorn thrown at me. Harmless I thought and playful enough, until the full beer hit me in the face. I walked away that day in 10 degree weather soaking wet and had to miss the second half. And no I don't like to start fights but I don't like complete strangers touching me or my family/friends like that.

Yeah. I guess don't get all the hyperness at tailgates from adults. This crap here, all the unathletic people running horrible routes and playing catch, tackling each other, etc. I don't get it. Sit down and drink a beer and eat!

To that point I also just don't get the grown men playing catch in the parking lot. It is like anyone over 11 bringing a glove to a baseball game.

Now I will wait for all of the people to call me an old man.

i found it hysterical.

the Rocky IV music made the video that much better.

the slow-mo double dunk was great.

bunch of nancys here, doesnt anyone know how to have fun???

they had the right attitude and they found the right subjects.

good stuff.

To that point I also just don't get the grown men playing catch in the parking lot. It is like anyone over 11 bringing a glove to a baseball game.

Haha come on - those two things aren't comparable at all. I'm 31 and love tossing a football around during a tailgate, almost as much as I love a competitive game of flip cup.

Tailgate catch is not like bringing a glove to a baseball game. Come on

Are you saying that strangers can jump on you as long as it is a joke? I get that watching the video is funny, but if I am at an away stadium walking into a game and some idiot jumps up on my like this, I am not sure if I take the 30 seconds to determine if they are kidding around or if I was just assaulted. Maybe you have never been in a scenario that went the other way. I have an I would probably be the guy who ends up fighting one of these guys. For perspective back in 2007 at Ralph Wilson for a Pats game the Patriots took a 35-7 lead at halftime I think. As we cheered for the Patriots going into the half I had popcorn thrown at me. Harmless I thought and playful enough, until the full beer hit me in the face. I walked away that day in 10 degree weather soaking wet and had to miss the second half. And no I don't like to start fights but I don't like complete strangers touching me or my family/friends like that.

Again if you're going to start a fight over someone throwing popcorn at you then you have some issues you need to work out.

Again if you're going to start a fight over someone throwing popcorn at you then you have some issues you need to work out.

Did you read the post. I said the popcorn was harmless, so you see that a full beer was thrown at me. Nice job singling in on a small part of a post and disregarding the rest.

Tailgate catch is not like bringing a glove to a baseball game. Come on

It isn't too far off. listen I get that a lot of people do it, I just think it is ridiculous to watch. Maybe I should join in next time. Wow this is starting to sound kind of weird.

As a Bills fan... these guys are really walking a fine line and it all depends on how they act in the context of this. Afterwards do they shake the people's hands and act like its in good fun with a friend. Maybe make a small self-effacing joke like "Hey we're Bills fans, we gotta try and win where we can" or something to keep it light... or do they go into full DBag mode with it... in which case they're going to get their a$$ deservedly beaten.

This obviously isn't a very recent video, as the guy is wearing a Fitzpatrick jersey. Had it been taken this season...the guy would be wearing a Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson jersey.

Bills fans (of which I am one) have absolutely zero concept about the idea of replica jersey shelf life.

Last edited:

no, youre not an old man.

just a weirdo :crazy:

:eek:

throwing a football around at a tailgate is as natural as having a beer at one.

sorry :noidea:

Oh Lord

Did you read the post. I said the popcorn was harmless, so you see that a full beer was thrown at me. Nice job singling in on a small part of a post and disregarding the rest.

Ok someone throws a beer at you. You can either:

A. Tell the nearest usher and hopefully the guy will be kicked out
B. Start fighting the guy, get kicked out of the game, possible legal charges, maybe banned from the stadium forever

B. Start fighting the guy, get kicked out of the game, possible legal charges, maybe banned from the stadium forever

now apply this situation to being dunked on with a nerf hoop and you can see how ridiculous it would be to fight someone over

…..the next crack you hear is head meeting asphalt.

no, youre not an old man.

just a weirdo :crazy:

:eek:

throwing a football around at a tailgate is as natural as having a beer at one.

sorry :noidea:

Oh Lord
beer is for immature ogres. tobias prefers mature drinks like white zin

The stands of an NFL game is the most obnoxious place on the face of the Earth - there are no two ways about it.
Agree 100%. I would never bring my family to an NFL game. And unless it was some game I really really really wanted to see (which is doubtful) I will probably never go to another NFL game again. It is just obnoxious on every level!

No Friggin Bills kid is going to Dunk on me...I know how to box out old school and take the charge like a man.

Last edited:
I am a Bills fan and those are by far the biggest idiots I have ever seen ... if someone did that to me you can bet they would get a forearm shiver
Under the new rules, that would be a foul. Last year, not so much.

I choose option C. Stop drinking immediately. Keep a close eye on the clown right about when the game ends, discreetly follow him out until you get to where very few people can see then ...well...work it out with him.:)

This crap here, all the unathletic people running horrible routes and playing catch, tackling each other, etc.

You talking about the tailgating or the Bills?

Again must have not read the whole post because As I stated I walked away so I guess there was an option C. My point earlier was that if I felt like I was being jumped on my way into a game I may react much worse then the people in the video. I guess I lack your sense of humor skurey because I just would have trouble immediately laughing about getting jumped on by a stranger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom