BJ Johnson on way to Midnight Madness | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson on way to Midnight Madness

I would love to get Roberson or Vonleh. Did I see something that said Vonleh to UNC over the weekend though?
Yea some obscure tweet saying he committed from some anonymous boob.

Yea some obscure tweet saying he committed from some anonymous boob.
Oh ok, it wouldn't shock me if it were to happen, but not before visits are complete.

Wouldnt shock me either... Dream achool apparently.
Yep, but that kid seems hard to read, I wish I had an insider. Trying to speculate from articles and tweets sucks.

Ennis, Jordan, Roberson, Johnson and if we're lucky vonleh. Our targets are on the board. Young was UK all the way and selden was ku all the way. Nothing ground breaking.
I'll go with Ennis, Jordan, Roberson, Johnson, and Obokoh. I think if Johnson does the smart and expected thing and chooses SU, then the staff will only take one of Roberson/Vonleh.

That's a good class that is still possible.

I'll go with Ennis, Jordan, Roberson, Johnson, and Obokoh. I think if Johnson does the smart and expected thing and chooses SU, then the staff will only take one of Roberson/Vonleh.

Someone else mentioned the possiblity of Johnson prepping a year. It seems to make sense, although it opens him up to choosing another school. Probably more likely to reshirt, particularly if we land Roberson/Vonleh/Lawrence.

Someone else mentioned the possiblity of Johnson prepping a year. It seems to make sense, although it opens him up to choosing another school. Probably more likely to reshirt, particularly if we land Roberson/Vonleh/Lawrence.
Hold a formal announcement to say you are going to prep for a year? I don't buy it. You hold an announcement because you are psyched that you just got your dream offer from the 'Cuse over the weekend and you want everyone to know it! What's there to think about.

Now, RSing a year I could believe, but there is no reason that would be in the announcement. The RS would probably be more in play after a Roberson/Vonleh commitment. No shame in a RS, just look at Cooney.

The staff would make room for vonleh and Roberson if they wanted to come. UT I doubt they would Co-exist at same school.

Hold a formal announcement to say you are going to prep for a year? I don't buy it. You hold an announcement because you are psyched that you just got your dream offer from the 'Cuse over the weekend and you want everyone to know it! What's there to think about.

Now, RSing a year I could believe, but there is no reason that would be in the announcement. The RS would probably be more in play after a Roberson/Vonleh commitment. No shame in a RS, just look at Cooney.
I agree with all of that, and even if it had been discussed with him regarding a redshirt year, I am sure it wasn't set in stone. It all depends on who is here at this time next year.

The staff would make room for vonleh and Roberson if they wanted to come. UT I doubt they would Co-exist at same school.
I think they could co-exist at SU. The beauty of the zone and this offense, is that forwards don't have to be pigeon holed into small forward or power forward. Vonleh is a great rebounder and they both have great size, so the could be on the court at the same time. I think the issue comes with Fair and Grant, assuming both are still here.

I think they could co-exist at SU. The beauty of the zone and this offense, is that forwards don't have to be pigeon holed into small forward or power forward. Vonleh is a great rebounder and they both have great size, so the could be on the court at the same time. I think the issue comes with Fair and Grant, assuming both are still here.
I agree personally but I bet if one pops for cuse the other Crosses us off.

I could be mistaken and know its extremely rare but it is possible to verbally commit to a school or have intentions of going to a college then just go to prep for a year beforehand. If he were to sign something saying he'll enroll them I agree it makes no sense and rules out prep school. I don't see why he can't announce I'd like to commit to Syracuse, then later go prep for a year but say I still intend on attending Syracuse after my year at prep school.

I could be mistaken and know its extremely rare but it is possible to verbally commit to a school or have intentions of going to a college then just go to prep for a year beforehand. If he were to sign something saying he'll enroll them I agree it makes no sense and rules out prep school. I don't see why he can't announce I'd like to commit to Syracuse, then later go prep for a year but say I still intend on attending Syracuse after my year at prep school.
James southerland

I think the staff has officially deemed it unlikely/unwanted by their move of the Johnson offer. I think Obokoh becomes more valuable than the third forward.

I'm rooting Johnson, Jordan, Roberson and Obokoh to round out this class.

I think the staff has officially deemed it unlikely/unwanted by their move of the Johnson offer. I think Obokoh becomes more valuable than the third forward.

I'm rooting Johnson, Jordan, Roberson and Obokoh to round out this class.
True. Id take Roberson or vonleh tho.

I agree personally but I bet if one pops for cuse the other Crosses us off.
Yeah, I buy that, simply numbers. Our staff would have to do one hell of a selling job to pull that off.

He looks pretty good. He can really shoot, put it on the floor and jumps well too. He 's a typical SU forward.

Can he play SG? Him or Gbinije are going to have to moving guard especially if we don't bring in Rysheed Jordan.

Johnson is a redshirt candidate. He's a wing with range. Decent athlete. Not overly strong handle. Needs to fill out.

Johnson is a redshirt candidate. He's a wing with range. Decent athlete. Not overly strong handle. Needs to fill out.

Are we still after Rysheed Jordan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom