BJ Johnson on way to Midnight Madness | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson on way to Midnight Madness

arbitragegls

All Conference
According to ESPNInsider, BJ Johnson is coming to 'Cuse for midnight madness. He is another Philly kid...a 16 yr old that is in class of '13:

He is a 6'8 forward that weighs in at less than 170 lbs...no doubt a red shirt...he is presently a 3 star small forward that has played on same AAU team as some of our other Philly players...Team Final.

Anyone know anything about the kid?

B.J. Johnson
6'7'', 165 lbs. | Class of 2013

kids skilled...6-7 slight build has good range on his jumper plays good d...needs to bulk up and improve his ball handling...would be a great program guy bc he doesnt have that athleticism or one great skill that will make em leave early

projects as a 3? or a very big 2?

According to ESPNInsider, BJ Johnson is coming to 'Cuse for midnight madness. He is another Philly kid...a 16 yr old that is in class of '13:

He is a 6'8 forward that weighs in at less than 170 lbs...no doubt a red shirt...he is presently a 3 star small forward that has played on same AAU team as some of our other Philly players...Team Final.

Anyone know anything about the kid?

B.J. Johnson
6'7'', 165 lbs. | Class of 2013
http://syracusefan.com/threads/bj-johnson.30790/

No problem, glad I can help.

Yes, thanks for the info. Makes life much better for people like me who are far too lazy to look for this information on my own.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left with an offer or at least a conditional offer. He could well have to wait till Roberson & Vonleh make a decision.
It certainly seems like the staff is starting to get a bit desperate for a 2013 forward.

I have been thinking about that for a while, and the only thing i can figure, is that they want to be covered in case Rak goes pro after this year.
If that were to happen, SU would only have CJ, Grant & Gbinije to play the 3 & 4.

Of course, if somehow, CJ had a great year, he could theoretically be a candidate to go pro as well. I think that is a very remote chance, and honestly feel
that Rak isn't likely to go pro either, but apparently, the staff feels that there is a good enough of a chance for one or the other that they are willing
to take a chance on a bit of a project.

I Just hope that is doesn't turn out to hurt us with potential 2014 options.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left with an offer or at least a conditional offer. He could well have to wait till Roberson & Vonleh make a decision.
It certainly seems like the staff is starting to get a bit desperate for a 2013 forward.

I have been thinking about that for a while, and the only thing i can figure, is that they want to be covered in case Rak goes pro after this year.
If that were to happen, SU would only have CJ, Grant & Gbinije to play the 3 & 4.

Of course, if somehow, CJ had a great year, he could theoretically be a candidate to go pro as well. I think that is a very remote chance, and honestly feel
that Rak isn't likely to go pro either, but apparently, the staff feels that there is a good enough of a chance for one or the other that they are willing
to take a chance on a bit of a project.

I Just hope that is doesn't turn out to hurt us with potential 2014 options.
That's interesting. I had the opposite impression, that the staff is being very patient. It feels to me like the staff is giving the top rung of talent an honest assessment, that even these talented people should not expect a tremendous amount of PT as a frosh (see MCW, and Dion). It's certainly not as easy of a sell as UK, and the staff realizes this and let that opportunity play out.

I get the feel that the staff has let the lure of the UK model run out without pressuring the kids. It seems to me that the staff has let these kids realize on their own that they really aren't one and done material. I like the strategy. Seems like the message should have hit home about now.

As for BJ, I'm conflicted between two reasons for the interest. One, the staff wants a program kid, who will work hard for the possible opportunity to play down the road. Or, secondly, maybe to help show Roberson or Vonleh what a coveted spot is here for the taking.

According to Alex Kline, BJ Johnson will announce his decision between Syracuse, Temple, Rutgers, and Villanova this Wednesday.

According to Alex Kline, BJ Johnson will announce his decision between Syracuse, Temple, Rutgers, and Villanova this Wednesday.

Maybe we take him and still pursue Robertson?

He seems like a prime redshirt candidate if he comes here. All reports say he's about a year young for his class, has to develo his body a bit more, and is full of potential once he fills out. Wouldn't surprise me either if he preps for a year then goes to whatever campus he commits to.

Last I knew he didn't have a Cuse offer. Must have gotten one this weekend.

If we do land him, I look forward to watching him develop. We have quite a string of small forwards, I hope by his junior year he is a big contributor.

He seems like a prime redshirt candidate if he comes here. All reports say he's about a year young for his class, has to develo his body a bit more, and is full of potential once he fills out. Wouldn't surprise me either if he preps for a year then goes to whatever campus he commits to.

ya, i agree. shouldnt effect us at all with roberson, lawerence, vonleh, etc either. this just feel like a no-brainer that hes coming here after everything there is to read on the kid. seems to love us. seems like a great program fit. southerland part2? i hope someone with actual knowledge can get some things straight around here, cuz im almost getting sick of myself talking out my a$$ like i know whats going on with our recruiting process. too many redbulls today

We have 5 open ships next year. Not including if mcw and rak bolt. I bet we take 4 maybe 5

We have 5 open ships next year. Not including if mcw and rak bolt. I bet we take 4 maybe 5
If you are talking to '13 class...it better start happening cause are targets are committing elsewhere...Seldon to KU today...this is getting to be a stretch for this year...we may get 1 or 2 but wonder where they stand on top 100...

I don't think the staff wants to overextend on 2013. They need spots for the 2014 class. I think taking BJ Johnson is a great move, because he may very well end up being a steal and a great player in a couple of years, but he doesn't scare away any of the more highly ranked players in both the 2013 and 2014 classes.

If you are talking to '13 class...it better start happening cause are targets are committing elsewhere...Seldon to KU today...this is getting to be a stretch for this year...we may get 1 or 2 but wonder where they stand on top 100...
Ennis, Jordan, Roberson, Johnson and if we're lucky vonleh. Our targets are on the board. Young was UK all the way and selden was ku all the way. Nothing ground breaking.

Ennis, Jordan, Roberson, Johnson and if we're lucky vonleh. Our targets are on the board. Young was UK all the way and selden was ku all the way. Nothing ground breaking.
I would love to get Roberson or Vonleh. Did I see something that said Vonleh to UNC over the weekend though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom