BJ Johnson | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

BJ Johnson@Ace__5
Billy Owens told me be more aggressive after the game today #Cusenation

Exactamundo!:mad: Parents just don't understand. He was 6-8 from 2ptfg and 1-6 from 3pt fg yesterday. He is a difference maker in a game when he is more aggressive on offense because he draws a lot of attention and will score or make the next pass. That opens up better looks at 3pt land when your in your groove. The consensus is that the more BJ is involved on the offensive end the better the teams chances. They ran a little more sets getting him the ball in the mid-range area. I was glad that Billy told him that because it will help BJ and his thought process/confidence moving forward.

Thanks for the vids, Bobby. Will check them out soon, but this is their recent win right?
Good luck on the big game on Wednesday :)
Go Aces!

Thanks for the vids, Bobby. Will check them out soon, but this is their recent win right?
Good luck on the big game on Wednesday :)
Go Aces!
No against Carlisle was their recent win. This win was in the districts qtrs.

Some video highlights of the game.
About this one. 1:12, nice for them to show this facial more than once as it is worth it. BJ has some authority in his dunks, wow. Just elevated past and much higher than that poor defender. Crowd gets crazy after that.

4th qtr vs coatesville
Thanks for sharing again Bobby. Nice back-door cut, almost converts as he's hammered, sinks both FTs. Energized, blocks an inside attempt the very next play. It's cool, he always seems to be one of the tallest players out there yet he brought up the ball a few times and plays from the perimeter in, slashes, shoots, etc. Great strip by BJ off the rebound, gets out on the break and beats his man to lay it in. BJ defensive rebound, brings the ball up again, dribbles between legs, then crosses over, penetrates the lane taking it coast to coast for another score. BJ really answered the other team's run towards the end.

BJ has a game high 18 points as LM wins in the second round of the State Class AAAA, knocking off Martin Luther King, 63-50

We now take on Harrisburg in the qtrs. site to be determined. Probably in Reading though.
bj v mlk.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and call that BJ is our official "severely under the radar" player in next year's class.

Also, I notice he wears 5. How is it that every lefty we bring in apparently wears 5?

He had to change from 35 to 5 because the shirt was too small. And I thought that he got number 5 because I wore 5 in HS. He told me that it Kevin Durant's # in the Olympics. He stated that he did not know that I wore #5 in HS. Well it was a nice thought anyway.:)

After watching that game against Coatesville it looks to me like his highest ceiling is as a 2 guard moreso than as a 3, that is unless he grows a couple more inches. First of all I loved that play right off the bat where he beat his man back door and when he got challenged at the rim instead of just trying to brace himself for the contact, or avoiding contact to finish around the help defender, he just attacked through the rim and threw it down. It sounds like BJ has a great work ethic and as he gets stronger and becomes an even better outside shooter with work in the gym he can be a real nice 2 guard. I like his ability to stretch the floor. I know he didn't shoot well that game from 3 but he had nice touch and it looked good coming out of his hand with nice form/release which suggests that with work he can really become a lethal knockdown threat from deep. As mentioned earlier by some he didn't seem real aggressive in terms of attacking off the dribble much but when he did he looked pretty good doing it. As he gets stronger and isn't bumped off his spot on the drive as easy I think he can be pretty good at slashing from the wing too. The only weak point I saw was he didn't seem to really have a high motor in pounding the glass, which is why I think he might be better suited as a 2 guard than a 3 simply because as a forward you need to contribute rebounding quite a bit. He had some nice follow ups in transition or unsettled situation, but there were a few times he kinda hung out on the perimeter and watched. Overall I'm excited for him to get up here. He has a ton of potential and ability and with his work ethic I think hes going to have a nice career here.

Not the best video, but you get to hear BJ Johnson speak. I think you guys love BJ Johnson so I'm guessing you won't be disappointed.