BJ update | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BJ update

31 pts and 24 rebounds against the #18 team country... Holy crap
Always said, other than the Quade Green obsessive swing-and-a-miss, BJ Johnson was the biggest mistake this staff has made.
images

Lasalle loses by 2 in OT iirc. Tough loss. BJ quite the player.

Always said, other than the Quade Green obsessive swing-and-a-miss, BJ Johnson was the biggest mistake this staff has made.
images
BJ's redshirt year during his transfer has obviously done him so well. He's been a monster since improving his game and body during the 15-16 season. I wish he had redshirted here as a freshman instead of playing 55 minutes. But it was also tough with Malachi and Lydon coming in. The scholarship crunch probably didn't help, either.

Impressive. He always seemed like a great kid and it looks like all of his hard work is paying off big time. I'm happy for him.

BJ's redshirt year during his transfer has obviously done him so well. He's been a monster since improving his game and body during the 15-16 season. I wish he had redshirted here as a freshman instead of playing 55 minutes. But it was also tough with Malachi and Lydon coming in. The scholarship crunch probably didn't help, either.

Had that worked out, he'd likely be getting all of Marek's minutes, and Moyer. But with that sweet stroke, I'd be quite okay with it. We'd be a much better team, especially offensively.

Had that worked out, he'd likely be getting all of Marek's minutes, and Moyer. But with that sweet stroke, I'd be quite okay with it. We'd be a much better team, especially offensively.
One guy like him could really help our depth. He's probably versatile enough to play the wing and top of the zone. He would've been able to spell Battle a little.

One guy like him could really help our depth. He's probably versatile enough to play the wing and top of the zone. He would've been able to spell Battle a little.

Definitely could not play the top of the zone.

Would definitely improve the offense. Shooting & scoring is at a premium with our team, and he can shoot and score.

Would definitely improve the offense. Shooting & scoring is at a premium with our team, and he can shoot and score.
Why not? Not quick enough?

I understand the non-redshirting as a Freshman: played well in Canada, eager to start college career, coaching staff was building up his confidence, yada yada yada. But once it became apparent he was not physically ready, was redshirting as a soph in 2014-15 ever considered? That was before the sanctions were announced, and the coaching staff would really have looked like jerks if they kicked him to the curb and forced him to lose a year of eligibility.

Have to wonder if Marek ever comes here if we still have BJ. I'm guessing no.

Why couldn't he play the top of the zone. He is 6'7" and weight like 190 pounds I'm guessing. Battle is 6'6" and weight at least 205 I would think. He is athletic and has good lateral movement. I think he would be very versatile and could play up there.

He's 6-7 and an elite leaper/rebounder. He's a small forward.
You just described Michael Carter Williams or Kueth Duany. I'm not saying that would be his primary position, just that he could've spell our guards to keep them fresh. If he played 32 min with 8 at the top of the zone to give Battle and Howard a break that could've have helped us.

You just described Michael Carter Williams or Kueth Duany. I'm not saying that would be his primary position, just that he could've spell our guards to keep them fresh. If he played 32 min with 8 at the top of the zone to give Battle and Howard a break that could've have helped us.

I think he could’ve helped us out there in spurts giving those guys a rest like you said. I don’t think he would be any less quick than Frank, IMO.

He also cannot handle the ball like a guard, so playing guard offensively wouldn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom