BJ | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BJ

No, McCullough will see zero minutes at the 2. None. Roberson likewise will never see time at the 2.

This is nothing like saying Grant can't play. Grant certainly can play. If nothing else Grant's defense will give him time. The physical limitations on the lateral quickness of these 6'8" and above players keep them from even being considered at the 2.

No, to me, this is more reminiscent of your speculation last year of BMK at the 4.

Fair enough, I am still not giving up on Baye at the four though :p Just opinions anyway.

First OG - sorry about the geography mixup - Ardmore looks NorthWest of Philly to me, but I see I may have used the wrong terminology.

If BJ gets to 6'9" he is not playing guard. Nope. Certainly not at SU. You and Gabjon can wax poetic about unique playing styles but there are thresholds on height at certain positions. Right now, BJ is pretty much pushing the limits of height at the 2g. If he gets significantly longer he will not have the lateral quickness needed at the top of the zone. No worries there though because there is a spot waiting for him at the 3. IMO, that is where his big minutes will be.
BJ is very athletic, quick and fast. he played baseball (P,OF,1B), ran X-country after his 9th grade year, decided not to play football as a DB/WR and track and field basically to concentrate on basketball. Now, for the sake of the debate, if BJ is 6'9" with the increase skill set to boot, He will be able to play multiple positions. Playing a position in today's game is not totally defined by height like the past. If you were the biggest guy on the team you were automatically considered the center and the smallest guy was the point guard etc. Guys today have developed skills similar to Majic Johnson/Larry Bird of the 80's and the Kobe's, LBJ's, Melo's and KD of todays game with the ability to play multiple positions on the floor effectively and not be labeled as a particular position. I know there five positions on the floor and someone has to play them. Simply put BJ is a basketball player who plays whatever/whenever as called upon by his coaches. His development and growth as a player does not stop at this time. He will continue to improve in size and ability so he could be the best player he could be barring positions. Majic-6'9" PG who played center in the Chip and score 42pts. Birdman 6'10'SF who did everything from the offensive side with little to no athletic ability. KD-6'11' SG/SF with the ability to handle the ball like a guard. LBJ 6'8 All everything at the PG, SF and PF. MJ/Kobe-6'6'' assassin from PG-SF on both ends of the floor. So don't label the player because of the positions we all know of in the game but label the player because of versatility. Most players that are successful are able to display versatility on the offensive and/or defensive side of the floor at many positions(THAT WORD AGAIN). Any way Let's Go CUSE!!!SUball

First OG - sorry about the geography mixup - Ardmore looks NorthWest of Philly to me, but I see I may have used the wrong terminology.

If BJ gets to 6'9" he is not playing guard. Nope. Certainly not at SU. You and Gabjon can wax poetic about unique playing styles but there are thresholds on height at certain positions. Right now, BJ is pretty much pushing the limits of height at the 2g. If he gets signficantly longer he will not have the lateral quickness needed at the top of the zone. No worries there though because there is a spot waiting for him at the 3. IMO, that is where his big minutes will be.

so at 6'-7 1/2" he has the lateral quickness to play the 2, but if he grows another 1 1/2" he will lose his lateral quickness. Lateral quickness is not directly related to height. look at the combine numbers there were centers that out preformed guards in the lateral quickness drills. Watch him play he is a guard.

If BJ gets to 6'9" he is not playing guard. Nope. Certainly not at SU. You and Gabjon can wax poetic about unique playing styles but there are thresholds on height at certain positions. Right now, BJ is pretty much pushing the limits of height at the 2g. If he gets signficantly longer he will not have the lateral quickness needed at the top of the zone. No worries there though because there is a spot waiting for him at the 3. IMO, that is where his big minutes will be.
See BJ is to SP/NP/Willingboro/Columbus/Ardmore as BJ is to SU BB(multi-positional player)

LOL! I almost pissed my pants when the producer came in before the start on the 4th. I thought he was going to start to cry!! I would burn that on a DVD before it is removed from the web.
The Big Payback in my James Brown voice!

What a load of fun that was to watch. Many great plays ... not just dunks, but nice shooting, defense, transition and DIMES>>>. Sweet cuts to the rim ... at the 8:05 mark (after a perfect bounce pass) and at around 13:00 (cut to the hoop/jam) -- then the lid just comes OFF.

As a long-time Cuse fan, the name Dalembert doesn't bring up fond memories. But thanks, OG.

What a load of fun that was to watch. Many great plays ... not just dunks, but nice shooting, defense, transition and DIMES>>>. Sweet cuts to the rim ... at the 8:05 mark (after a perfect bounce pass) and at around 13:00 (cut to the hoop/jam) -- then the lid just comes OFF.

As a long-time Cuse fan, the name Dalembert doesn't bring up fond memories. But thanks, OG.
That one around 13:00 was dubbed "the dunk".
I think it was right at the end of the game, to go ahead.
Pretty sure that won them the game!

I hope this isn't too frowned upon, but I really don't want BJ to add any more height. I remember my own growth spurt in my Jr. year (from five-six to six-two), and a couple more inches by 18. I didn't proportion out right, which was most obvious in my wrists and ankles, which got thinner the longer they got. I envied shorter guys for escaping this bizarre phenomenon. I worked out at Gold's in my twenties and added some weight, but the wrists and lower forearms looked even more weird.

I'd just want BJ to fill in properly as is so he can get on with the business of rounding out his game skill-wise. Michael Jordan never actually hit six-seven, and as we all know, he went on to have a pretty good college career.

BJ as a 14yr old sophomore on the opening play and a play used often to success throughout his hs career.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GPeIUOJsKPI#t=3s
Wow!
14 years old and he looks like he threw it downwards with two hands.
The best dunks are the Dwight Howard's, when it looks like it's literally being thrown down from above the cylinder as opposed to the conventional stuff.

Pumped for this year. Midnight Madness cannot get here any sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom