Blaming MCW | Syracusefan.com

Blaming MCW

He's got a ton of talent, but he's really playing pretty poorly in Big East play. He needs to get it together.

He's more frustrating to watch than Scoop ever was, at this point.

We had this one, blew it with sloppy What play in the end, but oh well. Nova was gritty as hell, even though we should show the refs our frikkin bruises after this one.

Let's face it. Cuse gave the game away with poor play at the end. Gotta finish!

Move on, and finish in March!

This is on MCW and Jimmy. Brandon was taking over, so of course in the final three and a half minutes, we go to stall ball and put the ball in MCW's hands, and refuse to let Brandon touch it.

I also don't get the final possession of regulation, playing small and giving Villanova a better shot at an offensive rebound rather than having Coleman - who came in here being KNOWN FOR HIS REBOUNDING PROWESS - on the court. Also, not fouling before they could attempt their first three pointer to begin with. Put them on the line and freaking rebound, don't give them not one, but TWO shots at a three.

Unreal.

Look MCW is a very talented player. The NBA drafts based on potential, not on what you are now. There is not much MCW can do that will hurt his draft value very much..because he has the physical tools and measurables. But today he really, really tried hard to do just that.

Mike played like and JB should have had the ball with BT at the end of game. Total

Plenty of blame to go around. JB deserves some blame for going to the isolation for MCW with the high pick and roll (and away from a hot BT) down the stretch when we were up 6.

Shooting 33% from the floor and 67% from the line in Big East play.....that won't get it done.

Everybody played like crap with the exception or Xmas (at the beginning) and Grant.

Agreed. Mike not getting the ball to Brandon down the stretch during stall-ball was pretty egregious.

MCW could use another year in college to get ready for the NBA, but I'm not sure I want him for another year. He's got to learn to be less selfish.

Plenty of blame to go around. JB deserves some blame for going to the isolation for MCW with the high pick and roll (and away from a hot BT) down the stretch when we were up 6.
We were gassed in the first half and exhausted down the stretch. Nova beat us up and the stamina just wasn't there at the end. The poor free throwing is the result of fatigue. We were sucking air the whole game.

Biggest play of the game excluding the offensive rebound we gave up leading to the game-tying three was when we were up 6 with the ball, and MCW turned it over, leading to an immediate easy layup.

Poor coaching by JB all day.

2 hours ... 2 hours ... it took JB 2 hours to call his 2nd TO when he's using no rotation to give his players a rest. That's 40 minutes of play before realizing a TO might be helpful.

grant getting dq'd really hurt.. an ot loss to a team playing their way into the tourney .. no worries .. no one in the top 10 is setting the world on fire right now sans maybe michigan or florida.

This is on MCW and Jimmy. Brandon was taking over, so of course in the final three and a half minutes, we go to stall ball and put the ball in MCW's hands, and refuse to let Brandon touch it.

I also don't get the final possession of regulation, playing small and giving Villanova a better shot at an offensive rebound rather than having Coleman - who came in here being KNOWN FOR HIS REBOUNDING PROWESS - on the court. Also, not fouling before they could attempt their first three pointer to begin with. Put them on the line and freaking rebound, don't give them not one, but TWO shots at a three.

Unreal.

Yeah, confusing way to end this game.

Fine, keep the ball in MCW's hands, but at some point, any point, you need to get it over to BT. MCW just going to the hoop in his usual out of control fashion once the clock hits 10 is not the ideal scenario in stall ball. Get it to BT, or even CJ at some point. Just a strange, strange sequence - we had timeouts, call one and tell MCW to do something other than what he was doing.

I would guess JB thought BT in the corner was more capable of covering the corner than Rak if DC was in the middle - no clue. Were they supposed to be fouling rather than let that pass go out for the game tying three?

Agreed. We also had some tough calls and lots of bad bounces. How many layups did we have rim out? Also I didn't think that cj fair goaltend was the correct call.

Agreed. We also had some tough calls and lots of bad bounces. How many layups did we have rim out? Also I didn't think that cj fair goaltend was the correct call.
I thought this all game, the bounces were not our way, but that's how it goes sometimes, no biggie.

Fair was off today on offense, that hurt a lot.

As mentioned, clearly enough blame to go around down the stretch in regulation. But for Brandon not to touch the ball the last 3 minutes of regulation is just flat out mostly on JB and somewhat Brandon. Brandon, as a senior, and apparent leader needs to demand the ball...he didn't and was plenty content just watching MCW with his poor handle just make mistake after mistake. To be in the bonus and only a foul or maybe two from the double bonus and not trying to run any real type of offense was unbearable to watch...total self-destruction down the stretch for the 'Cuse.

I didn't think the first 5 minutes of the game could be any uglier...but the last 3 + trumped it...just brutal. :bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom