Blaming MCW | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Blaming MCW

For three years it was Scoop and now it is MCW.

Scoop stats speak for themselves. What speeks even more is his record.

Making huge plays late or coming in early and changing games like gtwown and Nova in dome games three years ago.

Now MCW is missing too many shots but he made seven huge plays in the last two huge wins vs top 20 teams.
So he is being called a ball huge which is comical when he is running the plays Jb calls and is on pace to break assists record.

Message------don't just judge on one two or three negative plays in a few games.

He missed a free throw that if Jb trusted Cooney or had James he would have gotten a few breathers throughout the game to finish strong!

If we think collective MCW is not a good pg who is an advantage vs most teams we play then we better get ready to loose more then we win!

I criticized BT more than most because I know without him playing at an all league level we have no chance.

Brandon has had only had three bad games all year so I will not complain anymore about BT
But..

He had to step up and I knew it was very possible. We all just didn't't know for sure if he would step up because of the exact issues that Jb was hitting on early this week!

We were gassed in the first half and exhausted down the stretch. Nova beat us up and the stamina just wasn't there at the end. The poor free throwing is the result of fatigue. We were sucking air the whole game.

I think this is going to be a really big problem later in the year. Too many minutes being logged by MCW and BT. We HAVE to get something out of Cooney. His lack of production is hurting everyone.

They had 4 days off. 2nd game in 48 hours I might buy the fatigue excuse.
I wasn't making an excuse and yes we had lots of time between games. I am just making the observation that most of our players were bent over trying to get their wind in the first half against Nova. Basically I think Nova is a very physical team that brought incredible energy to the game yesterday. Players make mental errors and miss free throws when they are not able to focus due to fatigue. Nova knocked MCW down about 15 times yesterday and completely mauled us on the boards. I watched the Louisville-Nova game last week and Louisville was taking Nova apart with their press until about 10 minutes to go in the game. Then Nova turned it up a notch physically and Louisville faded and Nova hit their shots down the stretch. Nova may not be ranked or feared because of their rough start, but this is not the team anyone should want to face in the next few weeks.

I can't imagine this place if Scoop played half as badly as Carter-Williams does.

And forgetting about the free throws (which made the difference) for a moment, how about completely matadoring the tying three? Put a hand up. Stay in front of him. Do anything other than slide away from the shooter and watch a win go right into the toilet.

Agreed. That was the picture in the paper up here today. MCW standing there with his hands in his pockets practically just watching that shot go off. He's 6'6" for the love of God. Get your arms up and try to do something!

For three years it was Scoop and now it is MCW.

Scoop stats speak for themselves. What speeks even more is his record.

Making huge plays late or coming in early and changing games like gtwown and Nova in dome games three years ago.

Now MCW is missing too many shots but he made seven huge plays in the last two huge wins vs top 20 teams.
So he is being called a ball huge which is comical when he is running the plays Jb calls and is on pace to break assists record.

Message------don't just judge on one two or three negative plays in a few games.

He missed a free throw that if Jb trusted Cooney or had James he would have gotten a few breathers throughout the game to finish strong!

If we think collective MCW is not a good pg who is an advantage vs most teams we play then we better get ready to loose more then we win!

I criticized BT more than most because I know without him playing at an all league level we have no chance.

Brandon has had only had three bad games all year so I will not complain anymore about BT
But..

He had to step up and I knew it was very possible. We all just didn't't know for sure if he would step up because of the exact issues that Jb was hitting on early this week!

That post tries to ignore the negatives. MCW has made some great plays, but he more than negates them with some real bad ones, especially since the BE started. His strength is being an under control distributing PG. His weakness is being an out of control scoring PG. We need more of the former.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

That post tries to ignore the negatives. MCW has made some great plays, but he more than negates them with some real bad ones, especially since the BE started. His strength is being an under control distributing PG. His weakness is being an out of control scoring PG. We need more of the former.

Most posts in the last 2 days ignore the positives as well. Goes both ways. I think everyone agrees that he needs to recognize his role, but he has been a major contributor to a 18-2 team.

Most posts in the last 2 days ignore the positives as well. Goes both ways. I think everyone agrees that he needs to recognize his role, but he has been a major contributor to a 18-2 team.

Things have gone more and more to the negative lately with his game.

MCW could use another year in college to get ready for the NBA, but I'm not sure I want him for another year. He's got to learn to be less selfish.

He tried to dump it off in two of those last three turnovers. He's not selfish. He turned it over during the UL game a bunch trying to dump it off to guys when the play wasn't there. He's not as quick as he thinks. He can't split those double teams like Dion. Brandon needed to be involved at the end of the game. Couldn't we have run a play for Mike posting up the white kid?

Things have gone more and more to the negative lately with his game.

I don't disagree with that, but he closed out Lville pretty well. One thing I will say is that other than Triche, and Fair...throw Grant in there as a maybe there is not a single real offensive threat on this team for him to distribute to. That can be very tough on a young point guard and can take some time to adjust to with the increased competition in the BE.

Some set such a high bar I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell of ever reaching their expectations.

Gotta make a FT to end the game mr all american

Was fooling around at work today...some interesting stats:

In 7 Big East Games MCW's stats are:
Points per Game: 13.1
Assists per Game: 6.5
Turnovers per Game: 3.6
Steals per Game: 2.6
Rebounds per Game: 4.7
FG %: .330
3 Pt %: .313

These are decent numbers, but for a projected lottery pick? I know, the NBA drafts on potential...but with that assist to turnover ratio, is that good enough for the NBA. In my opnion, that is not very good for college. Also, is it me or does almost 5 rebounds a game seem a lot for a PG?

Just throwing some stuff out there, but makes me wonder if MCW is bit either over rated or over hyped??

P.S. - I only counted the BE games as that is when the tough competition and defense started.

Was fooling around at work today...some interesting stats:

In 7 Big East Games MCW's stats are:
Points per Game: 13.1
Assists per Game: 6.5
Turnovers per Game: 3.6
Steals per Game: 2.6
Rebounds per Game: 4.7

These are decent numbers, but for a projected lottery pick? I know, the NBS drafts on potential...but with that assist to turnover ratio, is that good enough for the NBA. In my opnion, that is not very good for college. Also, is it me or does almost 5 rebounds a game seem a lot for a PG?

Just throwing some stuff out there, but makes me wonder if MCW is bit either over rated or over hyped??

P.S. - I only counted the BE games as that is when the tough competition and defense started.

His FG and 3FG percentages are awful for a starting guard. He can do a lot of things, but he isn't a good shooter, can't finish left and isn't strong enough to have lift / explosion at the end of games to fight of pressure and double teams or attack the rim (to the point he needs to be).

I wrote this before, he brings a ton to the table, but he takes a lot off as well.

It is what it is. No guard is perfect, but he needs to learn when to feed the hot hand when it's someone like BT or CJ to finish the games.

His FG and 3FG percentages are awful for a starting guard. He can do a lot of things, but he isn't a good shooter, can't finish left and isn't strong enough to have lift / explosion at the end of games to fight of pressure and double teams or attack the rim (to the point he needs to be).

I wrote this before, he brings a ton to the table, but he takes a lot off as well.

It is what it is. No guard is perfect, but he needs to learn when to feed the hot hand when it's someone like BT or CJ to finish the games.

LOL...I just updated his FG% and 3 Pt% for that time...not good for a PG...actually the 3pt % is not bad, FG % though is not good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom