Blaming MCW | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Blaming MCW

Yea, Triche should have gone over to MCW and taken it from him. Demanding the ball, whatever that is, wasn't going to do it because MCW wasn't gonna give it up. He waved Triche off one time.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Could it have possibly been a bit of an ego thing? Man I hope not.

It is typical of those who don't know basketball to use a player points scored as a measure of effectiveness.

You comment ignores the 4-17 shooting, the 0-4 from 3, the 8-14 FTs, the 4 TOs (esp in the critical moments of regulation) to go with only 4 assists, and the shaky ballhandling against the better teams.

PLEASE tell me your comment is somehow sarcastic or made in jest.

I'm not talking about MCW.

No he didn't.

You're right because I forgot about OT. But that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't invisible. He was 2-8 the first half and missed his first couple the 2nd half. He didn't wait until the final 5 minutes to start playing. He just started shooting better.

and 3-6 in the past 3 games now. He and MCW have both been awful from the free throw line down the stretch.

Edit: I'm just sick and tired of treating 1-2 from the free throw line like it's a good trip with our guards. It's pathetic that our guards can't be counted on at the free throw line.

Bingo

He had at least 12...and I'm pretty sure it was 14.

He had 9, and 5 of those were in the last 90 seconds of the first half. I think he's been playing great of late, but this is a couple games in a row where he's shown an ability to press the issue and take control - like you would hope you would see from a senior guard when the team is struggling. I'd just like to see it earlier in games if he's capable, because w/out JS the offense is on life-support and it might alleviate some of the pressure on MCW. Who knows...

Wasn't an easy shot, but (and this is not hyperbolic) Mike did everything he could to make it as easy as possible. Hands at his sides, he flat-out stepped to the side of the kid. Complete matador defense.

Yeah three players acted like it was a half court heave and they didn't want to foul when they all could have swatted it basically.

Look MCW is a very talented player. The NBA drafts based on potential, not on what you are now. There is not much MCW can do that will hurt his draft value very much..because he has the physical tools and measurables. But today he really, really tried hard to do just that.

You are so wrong. He can (and is) hurting his draft stock. He's showing that he is a poor shooter and makes a lot of bad decisions, not to mention a questionable handle under pressure.

I understand the kid had a bad game, but this was not a good team game at all. Triche struggled early. We played with no heart in the first 15 minutes. We were out rebounded 47 to 34 by Villanova. MCW is a key reason we were ranked #3 in the country and we would not have won against Ville without him. I get as frustrated as many of you, but the Bottomline is this kid get questioned non stop on his selfishness ad I think he truly wants what is best for the team. Hopefully he realizes very soon that sometimes what is best is to be the distributor. I for one am happy to have him out there, and trust that JB will get him where he needs to be.

Yeah three players acted like it was a half court heave and they didn't want to foul when they all could have swatted it basically.

Yeah, it's one thing to avoid the foul. Avoiding defense altogether seemed an odd choice.

Yeah, it's one thing to avoid the foul. Avoiding defense altogether seemed an odd choice.

I see your point but thats a tough situation, the last thing you want to do is foul and even worse foul and the shot goes in. Under that kidn of pressure with the clock running out, not sure you can risk trying to block it especially with the awful refs we had yesterday.

I see your point but thats a tough situation, the last thing you want to do is foul and even worse foul and the shot goes in. Under that kidn of pressure with the clock running out, not sure you can risk trying to block it especially with the awful refs we had yesterday.

I'll tell you one thing - if Mike had raised an arm to defend and gotten a whistle - legit or otherwise - and the game had gone to overtime on three made free throws, he'd be getting pilloried on here.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'll tell you one thing - if Mike had raised an arm to defend and gotten a whistle - legit or otherwise - and the game had gone to overtime on three made free throws, he'd be getting pilloried on here.

Great point, he was stuck in a sort of no mans land there, we havent been burnt late in a while and yesterday it finally caught up to us. We needed to get some sort of board on that first miss, once Nova got the board all hell broke lose and we got burned.

Great point, he was stuck in a sort of no mans land there, we havent been burnt late in a while and yesterday it finally caught up to us. We needed to get some sort of board on that first miss, once Nova got the board all hell broke lose and we got burned.

Yeah, rebounding. A common thread in a lot of our losses.

Triche should have had the ball the last four minutes. That is on Jb, not mcw or bt. He made some incredibly difficult shots in the second half to give us the lead. Jb coached maybe his worst game in three years yesterday. Not fouling and not getting your best scorer the ball at the end of regulation just wasn't smart basketball. As bad as we played, we gave that game away.

Triche should have had the ball the last four minutes. That is on Jb, not mcw or bt. He made some incredibly difficult shots in the second half to give us the lead. Jb coached maybe his worst game in three years yesterday. Not fouling and not getting your best scorer the ball at the end of regulation just wasn't smart basketball. As bad as we played, we gave that game away.

Don't mean to take us off-topic (and I'd agree that Boeheim made a mistake yesterday), but the overall coaching job in the Stanford game last season was way worse.

Not so sure what was so bad about that game. We made a big comeback at the end after playing pretty bad the entire game. Scoop didn't play much the second half, but he was outplayed by Brandon and dion.

Plenty of blame to go around. JB deserves some blame for going to the isolation for MCW with the high pick and roll (and away from a hot BT) down the stretch when we were up 6.
Maybe JB wants a Championsip next year ? We could be really deep next year .

Not so sure what was so bad about that game. We made a big comeback at the end after playing pretty bad the entire game. Scoop didn't play much the second half, but he was outplayed by Brandon and dion.

Stanford's ballhandling was hideous but we didn't press. We let them dictate tempo and force us into a halfcourt game. Were it not for a tremendous comeback effort by Joseph and others, we'd have had a really bad loss to a bad team.

Ole defense is not an option.

Ole defense is not an option.

I didn't like it; that was my initial point. Carter-Williams should have stayed in front of the kid and raised a hand. If it's good enough for Hakim Warrick, it's good enough for him.

I would imagine the idea is that MCW is more capable of creating off the bounce so you want the ball in his hands. With 10 seconds left on the shot clock you drive and then it's on YOU. Triche has never been great at creating shots for others off penetration. That being said, I would rather Triche was handling or at the very least touching the ball, he was playing well - and MCW has been anything but great against strong defensive pressure. Plus, BT's been finishing pretty well of late if he gets deep into the lane.

I blame MCW - just poor decision after poor decision. JB's thinking seems pretty logical to me - u expect your PG to make better decisions, and if he hits the FT we win.

I don't know, lots of questionable decisions yesterday. You learn and move on.

We were gassed in the first half and exhausted down the stretch. Nova beat us up and the stamina just wasn't there at the end. The poor free throwing is the result of fatigue. We were sucking air the whole game.

They had 4 days off. 2nd game in 48 hours I might buy the fatigue excuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom