Blaming zebras = copout | Syracusefan.com

Blaming zebras = copout

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtk1210

Walk On
We missed a lot of bunnies inside. Dion didn't have the A-game. Jared Sullinger was the best player on the floor. And Lezelle Smith Jr. was out of his mind. All this adds up to them winning.

Were there calls that were bad - yes. Maybe even one game-changing call. But there are always bad calls.

We play 10 games against them, each team probably wins 5.

Great season.

Bad refing has a mental effect on the players. It sure as he'll effected Dion tonight. He needs to learn to play past that, but he's an emotional player so it didn't surprise me that he was bothered by it.

We missed a lot of bunnies inside. Dion didn't have the A-game. Jared Sullinger was the best player on the floor. And Lezelle Smith Jr. was out of his mind. All this adds up to them winning.

Were there calls that were bad - yes. Maybe even one game-changing call. But there are always bad calls.

Great season.
no -- it is reality -- the zebras sucked ass

Eh, screw that. I can deal with the officials sucked in general, although I think we got the short end of the stick tbh, but that game was dominated by officiating - not basketball players.

Nobody had a chance to show an 'A' game, the refs were too busy blowing whistles. Both teams were cheated.

Great season.
You're crazy...Sullinger didn't hurt us half as much as Smith, Jr...period. He was the difference.

My problem with the refs was just not allowing any flow to the game. That killed us as much as anything. Poor first half shot selection, missed bunnies, and untimely turnovers hurt us more.

All in all a great season. And I've never seen an SU team fight for every game. They fought to the end in all three losses.

Great season.

Personally I am not blaming the refs for SU's loss. SU didn't deserve to win that game. I am saying that was the most tightly officiated game I have ever seen. That seemed incredibly obvious to me.

Both teams were cheated.

Yeah, well one got cheated all the way to the Final Four... It wasnt just the refs but they were the major reason 17 MORE FREE THROWS. get the hell out of here. Im watching the replays and it is HORRIFFIC. Whitles with no touches at all none

Refs were bad both ways, felt like they were worse towards us. But regardless, Dion played horrible, so did James and CJ; that doomed us more than the refs did.

I hope Fab enjoyed this game.

Great season.

I think that even if the calls go both ways (no - it wasn't even close) it's tough to know what to tell your guards if a guy's allowed to hand check constantly - what to tell your bigs if the other team's allowed to lower a shoulder and run you over.
Not sure why so many missed layups, but that's mental - the lack of a flow to the game clearly didn't help in that area.
Anyway - good season. I do feel as though the refs controlled the outcome to a large degree. I wouldn't make it an "excuse" - but definitely a big reason why we lost.

Personally I am not blaming the refs for SU's loss. SU didn't deserve to win that game. I am saying that was the most tightly officiated game I have ever seen. That seemed incredibly obvious to me.

That's a very fair assessment.

Worst thread all year. So Sullenger is just allowed to drop his sholder into you all game no call? Craft can just hack you all game not called.

All that is ok just b/c a couple of bad call when our way F*** that they got 3 times the calls or non-calls we did.

not to be a dick ... the if we play 10 times each team wins 5 to me is bunk ... we win 7 out of 10 with a fairly officiated game ... they took 42 ing FT shots

that's BS, lots of bad calls, lots of ticky tack calls that went against us and were just not fouls...how about the bunny that Triche made - but waived off because he apparently charged into a moving player who was not set AND standing on the circle? That was a terrible call.

that's BS, lots of bad calls, lots of ticky tack calls that went against us and we're just not fouls...how about the bunny that Triche made - but waived off because he apparently charged into a moving player who was not set AND standing on the circle? That was a terrible call.

I agree - that was a terrible call.

Great season.

Seriously? Have you ever played basketball before? If a ref is gonna call every nickel dimer and if you drive to the lane an you get multiple offensive calls that should have been blocks, you change the way you play the game!

Great season.
Blaming the refs is cheap, easy, and a way for uneducated fans who know little about the game who don't want to admit the other team was just flat out better

Really don't think refs screwed US, they screwed a good game. Any time there are 67 FT's taken, you know the refs had an impact on the game. These guys had no business reffing a game of this caliber w/ a Big East & Big 10 teams that have banged all year only to have that taken away in the most important game of the year. Sad. Great year boys, you did things no 'Cuse team has ever done. We'll always remember this year. Congrats.

Blaming the refs is cheap, easy, and a way for uneducated fans who know little about the game who don't want to admit the other team was just flat out better

Dude, you're outdoing yourself with stupid post after stupid post. Even your boy Raftery commented a few times on how the refs were calling ticky-tack fouls. You're the uneducated one if you think that game wasn't tightly officiated.

The referees did not turn the ball over in 4 out of 6 possessions for that stretch when it was still up for grabs.

that's BS, lots of bad calls, lots of ticky tack calls that went against us and were just not fouls...how about the bunny that Triche made - but waived off because he apparently charged into a moving player who was not set AND standing on the circle? That was a terrible call.

4-point swing. Would've made a little bit of a difference down the stretch, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom