Blaming zebras = copout | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blaming zebras = copout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you're outdoing yourself with stupid post after stupid post. Even your boy Raftery commented a few times on how the refs were making ticky-tack fouls. You're the uneducated one if you think that game wasn't tightly officiated.
Complaining about some ticky tack fouls is fine. BLAMING THE LOSS solely on the refs is silly

The refs were down for OSU in this game. Period, full stop, It wa so one sided it was laughable.

Bad refing has a mental effect on the players. It sure as he'll effected Dion tonight. He needs to learn to play past that, but he's an emotional player so it didn't surprise me that he was bothered by it.

Agreed. As a coach you have to prepare your players to be mentally tough and play with the same intensity and focus regardless of the situation.

Complaining about some ticky tack fouls is fine. BLAMING THE LOSS solely on the refs is silly

It's not silly at all. The officials took us out of the game. We had 3 players with 4 fouls and 12 minutes left in the game if I'm not mistaken. Guys couldn't be agressive on either end of the court. It completely changed the way we played.

Most of the comments I have seen have centered on the tightness of the officiating. Can you at least admit it was a very tightly officiated game?

Most of the comments I have seen have centered on the tightness of the officiating. Can you at least admit it was a very tightly officiated game?

NO, YOU ARE UNEDUCATED BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME.

Well
Well if you start off -20 in the hole, missing shots doesn't necessarily help you climb the mountain.

We never got 2-3 guys going on offense together.
Without a guy like Melo or Walker and without that you deserve to lose eventually.

That equals zero momentum today. Momentum is so key to make a FF run.

Yes. But its not the first time in NCAA history of the sport of basketball a game was tightly officiated. Good teams adjust. SU didn't!

We could have overcome the 1-sided refereeing if KJ just played average. Sad to see KJ play so poorly the last couple of games. I've never seen a player dribble the ball off his own foot or out of bounds as often as him. I expect more from a senior.

It's not silly at all. The officials took us out of the game. We had 3 players with 4 fouls and 12 minutes left in the game if I'm not mistaken. Guys couldn't be agressive on either end of the court. It completely changed the way we played.
Most of those foul calls were legit. That's where we disagree

Yes. But its not the first time in NCAA history of the sport of basketball a game was tightly officiated. Good teams adjust. SU didn't!

Good. That's progress. Now I know you were somewhere in the vicinity of a TV. Carry on.

So SU's not a good team? 34-3 and not a good team? Dooshbag.

Most of those foul calls were legit. That's where we disagree

The OSU bigs were getting away with leading with shoulder while SU was getting whistled for a lot of touch fouls.

Good. That's progress. Now I know you were somewhere in the vicinity of a TV. Carry on.
Doesn't change the fact any fan who blames this loss solely on the refs is lost on the matter

Doesn't change the fact any fan who blames this loss solely on the refs is lost on the matter

Address those people that blame the loss solely on the refs. I am not one of them.

Address those people that blame the loss solely on the refs. I am not one of them.
and yet you keep responding to me and arguing with me :rolleyes:

i will argue this ... yes we missed lay-ups, but when the opponent is allowed to lower shoulders and slap wrists all game and you are not, well then ... we have a problem

we were screwed ... 42 -27 in FT's is a joke

The only thing that should be said at the end is if these refs move on, then the NCAA has a big problem.

my opinion is that fouls were called on both sides every couple possesions to keep the game a half court game. The game was slowed down so we couln't get in transition at all. The game was completely officiated to favor OSU.

my opinion is that fouls were called on both sides every couple possesions to keep the game a half court game. The game was slowed down so we couln't get in transition at all. The game was completely officiated to favor OSU.

FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors