Blaming zebras = copout | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Blaming zebras = copout

Status
Not open for further replies.
The refs ruined the game but it wasn't one sided. For example, there was a stretch of calls against OSU, I think it was 5 straight calls where I thought they weren't even close to committing a foul. That went on all game long. The difference was that we don't have a post-up guy. If we did, he'd have gotten OSU's whole team in foul trouble like Sullinger did.

This was on a par with the URI game we lost about 20 years ago. If you breathed on someone, it was a foul.

just having fouls called favored OSU even if they were called on OSU, the refs slowed the game down. Our transition game is where we go on our spurts. But when a foul is called every few possesions regardless of what team its on, then it stops the game and allows OSU to set up there defense and not get into a running game

The refs ruined the game but it wasn't one sided.
I wasn't aware that you could drop your shoulder into the defender, knock him on his ass and then shoot. Not to mention 2 fouls clearly on Sullinger were given to other players.

just having fouls called favored OSU even if they were called on OSU, the refs slowed the game down. Our transition game is where we go on our spurts. But when a foul is called every few possesions regardless of what team its on, then it stops the game and allows OSU to set up there defense and not get into a running game

Getting every offensive rebound and hitting every shot around the basket slows things down too. That's what would have happened most of the time if they didn't call a foul on us.

I don't see how calling a foul on OSU slows down our fast break, unless it's during a fast break. Since there weren't many/any fast breaks, that can't be it.

Getting every offensive rebound and hitting every shot around the basket slows things down too. That's what would have happened most of the time if they didn't call a foul on us.

Except our guys had to play soft with so many fouls being called.

Most people would have been fine if the refs let the teams decide the game and we lost. The thing that sucks is that the refs made themselves a story - they ruined the game - simple as that. As JB said, Ohio State deserved to win. If the refs had called a normal game, we'll never know what the outcome would have been.

Just heard the refs said they called the T on JB for being out of the coaches box - they all are out of the box all the time. That comment by the ref says it all about this game. They were horrible.

I don't see how calling a foul on OSU slows down our fast break, unless it's during a fast break. Since there weren't many/any fast breaks, that can't be it.

theres no doubt that we didn't play that well...but every time a foul is called it stops the game for like 2 minutes, and that sure adds up with how many were called. Our fast break "moment" is usually the result of a 4 to 6 straight possesions of a running game and go on a 12-0 run. And its not uncommon for us to have 2 spurts a game. When a foul is called in every minute of the game it kills momentum.

We didn't even watch a basketball game because the refs called it entirely too close for both teams.
uh...if that was the case, Craft should should of been on the bench with 3 fouls the 1st half...to me whenever i watch a game especially with my old man...im always giving the refs the benefit of doubt...but tonight i can honestly say that was the most one sided poorly officiated game i ever wittnessed...those refs should never be able to do any more ncaa tourney games ever...probably should be investigated too...seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom