board certified | Syracusefan.com

board certified

tbonezone

Living Legend
jesse is taking his impressive 10 rpg with him. benny and malik avg about 4. who is chairman of the boards this year ?
rebounding is about commitment and desire. paul harris at 6'5" avg 8 and led us 2 seasons. who's willing to bring their game inside forget the trey and crash the glass this year ?

I see Benny and Maliq getting more than last year. Will likely depend on playing time.

So long as Chris Bell continues to have an absolute zero effort needed rebound continue to elude him once again, I'll be content.

Lol Jesse was an average rebounder on a horrible rebounding team.

He is not this colossal thats now gone.

His boards are not my biggest concern

It’s up to the coaches to teach these guys how to box out. Who crashes and who leaks out? We used to run well, because Seikaly, DC and then Billy controlled the boards, allowing Stevie to run out. A three guard lineup means two bigs and maybe one guard trying to control the boards. I can’t wait to see if our coaches can inspire our bigs to rebound with the attitude DC used to. I think it will be important for the guards to reward the bigs in the half court sets to keep them motivated to rebound and feeding the running game.

It’s up to the coaches to teach these guys how to box out. Who crashes and who leaks out? We used to run well, because Seikaly, DC and then Billy controlled the boards, allowing Stevie to run out. A three guard lineup means two bigs and maybe one guard trying to control the boards. I can’t wait to see if our coaches can inspire our bigs to rebound with the attitude DC used to. I think it will be important for the guards to reward the bigs in the half court sets to keep them motivated to rebound and feeding the running game.
It would be a welcome change.

Rebounding has been an optional consideration for FAR too long with our program.

It would be a welcome change.

Rebounding has been an optional consideration for FAR too long with our program.
Absolutely. I liked how aggressive Benny looked in our last game. I hope that is the mindset he plays with this year. I think Brown will be a good rebounder. McLeod, at his size he should be

I’m not too worried about it. But I’m curious what it has to do with forgetting the trey. Are we talking about offensive rebounds lol?

I think it’s recruiting. Can’t be overstated just how much Coleman, Seikaly, and Billy were studs. Guys ended up being 10+ year pros.

Our bigs in recent years might as well have been playing a different sport than those guys.

Don’t know why people are ragging on Jesses rebounding. 11th in the country and 2nd in the ACC.
Because people want to irrationally think we won’t miss his rebounding and other guys magically become great rebounders despite their past adversions.

Don’t know why people are ragging on Jesses rebounding. 11th in the country and 2nd in the ACC.
It wasn't Jesse's rebounds that were the problem. Sure he got pushed around by some heavier players but he almost always still rebounded well. The rebounding issue comes from the number of long distance shots attempted and missed. With our current guard line up we should be able to contend for many more of those rebounds and kick start the offense.

We have 25 plus years of terrible rebounding numbers that show it's the zone and not the players.

Exactly. Players running back to set up the zone while the ball is still in the air after the miss is a poor strategy for rebounding.

To say nothing of the fact that the guys you mention were ELITE athletes and basketball players. Did JB recruit those guys or was it the opportunity to play in front of 30,000+ lunatic fans? Playing (or watching a big conference or regular season game) in the Dome was an absolutely unique college hoops experience at the time? The kind of experience that most players would never have or even have the potential opportunity to have.

Malik showed desire, Hima should be better, playing man should give us better rebounding. Granted we do not have a Coleman like monster. We have a 7 foot 4 inch center who should be able to snare some boards. Benny can leap, our center will no longer have to sprint to the corner, all in all we are quicker and more athletic, we should be ok. Now if we play against an Edey, a Clingan, or when we do go against Bacot we will clearly be slighter and that can be a problem but overall we should be better.

We have 25 plus years of terrible rebounding numbers that show it's the zone and not the players.
This is a big part of it.

Tough to rebound when wings may be drawn up to shooters and the center is drawn towards a corner.
Coleman, Seikaly and Owens - even playing zone -were also exceptional players who could impose their presence. And usually didn't have as much ground to cover.

Rebounding should be better playing man this year. But that is Not an absolute given unless there is a significant increase in:

- Desire/motivation/effort hitting the boards - this is a real thing when it comes to rebounding.

- Fundamentals and accountability

Improvement in the above is largely a coaching issue. It will be interesting to see what impact Red has in this area.

This is a big part of it.

Tough to rebound when wings may be drawn up to shooters and the center is drawn towards a corner.
Coleman, Seikaly and Owens - even playing zone -were also exceptional players who could impose their presence. And usually didn't have as much ground to cover.
DC believed every missed shot was his.

Its really tough to rebound out of the zone. We have some very athletic and big individuals that are going to be on the court and i think we will see a dramatic improvement in two areas. Rebounding which will lead to transition points.

Its really tough to rebound out of the zone. We have some very athletic and big individuals that are going to be on the court and i think we will see a dramatic improvement in two areas. Rebounding which will lead to transition points.

Have to rebound to run. Simple as that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom