Boatright's Post-Game comments | Syracusefan.com

Boatright's Post-Game comments

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
With this game carrying, on some levels, a similar "end of an era" significance, is it fair for me, someone born in 1988, to consider Boatright's post game comment of "Syracuse is going to leave the Big East with a bad case of UConn in they mouths" to be my generation's "Manley Field House is officially closed"?

Watching UConn players gather around Ollie at center court after the game was a bit much...I was waiting for them to bring out the ladders & cut the nets down.

Meh. I went to SU in the '80's. Syracuse v. Georgetown, Syracuse v. St. Johns, Syracuse v. Villanova. UConn was awful for the 80's. I don't ever remember anyone getting excited for a game against UConn. So, Boatright can enjoy a bad case of SMU in his mouth.

This is nothing new for Ollie. It's not specific to SU. He grabbed his team to stand with him while being interviewed after wins over Mich St. & at ND. It's nothing new. He believes in the team and that includes the post game accolades.

Look, let them have their moment. For a program at UConn's level to beat a Syracuse is a legendary moment for them. They have always looking up to the Cuse and will do so going forward. They may never play a Top 10 team at home again ever. Their only shot at teams like Syracuse after this year will be in guarantee games at the big program's place.

With this game carrying, on some levels, a similar "end of an era" significance, is it fair for me, someone born in 1988, to consider Boatright's post game comment of "Syracuse is going to leave the Big East with a bad case of UConn in they mouths" to be my generation's "Manley Field House is officially closed"?

Watching UConn players gather around Ollie at center court after the game was a bit much...I was waiting for them to bring out the ladders & cut the nets down.
Will the English version of Boatwrights comments be released at some point?

"Syracuse is going to leave the Big East with a bad case of UConn in they mouths"

LMAO. gotta say that comment is hysterical in more ways than 1.

He also said they had us beat twice last year and let us escape or something to that effect. But you know the winner gets to mouth off.

Who cares. This was his biggest win college since he's been at UConn. We have bigger fishes to fry than beating an unranked team who's banned from postseason play. Next please.

Tough to lose to UConn. Now I have to avoid the news, the papers, Facebook and public appearances for the next few days. It will be easier when we lose to Wake Forest.

Meh. I went to SU in the '80's. Syracuse v. Georgetown, Syracuse v. St. Johns, Syracuse v. Villanova. UConn was awful for the 80's. I don't ever remember anyone getting excited for a game against UConn. So, Boatright can enjoy a bad case of SMU in his mouth.

Fair enough. But from my age group's perspective, UConn has played for more & won as many Titles in our lifetime as the other 4 schools mentioned have in their combined histories. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, though I'm sure that I undoubtedly will, but, though I both respect & apprecite history, (hypocrite alert) I tend to focus on what has occurred during my lifetime/fanhood when talking "smack" with opposing fanbases & in MY LIFETIME, UConn's résumé most certainly trumps ours. I've just always felt slightly awkward bragging about the accomplishments of my sports teams that pre-date me, but to each their own I guess.

Fair enough. But from my age group's perspective, UConn has played for more & won as many Titles in our lifetime as the other 4 schools mentioned have in their combined histories. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, though I'm sure that I undoubtedly will, but, though I both respect & apprecite history, (hypocrite alert) I tend to focus on what has occurred during my lifetime/fanhood when talking "smack" with opposing fanbases & in MY LIFETIME, UConn's résumé most certainly trumps ours. I've just always felt slightly awkward bragging about the accomplishments of my sports teams that pre-date me, but to each their own I guess.

As much as I dislike UConn, I too feel awkward talking smack about a team that just spanked us when they had nothing to play for postseason like we do. Instead I have respect for what they did on the court tonight and wish my team had done it instead. Boatright, Calhoun, Napier, and company did all that could be asked of them tonight, so all we can do is make fun of them for things out of their control? I sure as hell hope that doesn't become something we end up relying on to feel good too many more times this season. I want our players to be the ones smiling and enjoying the moment when they close out their final BE regular season game against Georgetown, etc.

I think it's mild smack. Let him have his moment. They earned it and he made some big plays. Ever hear Carmelo talk? Still?

He also said they had us beat twice last year and let us escape or something to that effect. But you know the winner gets to mouth off.
Didn't we beat them 3 times last year? I know it was at least 2.

Those were Omar Calhoun's comments, BTW.

They were definitely Boatright's comments, I've already watched SportsCenter twice to confirm lol. The funny thing is that roughly an hour later, after hitting a go-ahead 3 in the finals seconds & then blowing his defensive assignment to lose a game to the Spurs, Dion Waiters responded to post-game questions about the sequence by saying that it left "just a nasty taste in my mouth". Clips of Boatright's & then Waiters' interviews are running nearly after one another on SC, much to the delight of the Boneyard.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/nasty-taste-in-my-mouth.33623/

This game really points out what is wrong with the Big East and the way it structured the basketball league. Instead of having the return game with UConn at our place we are stuck with that debacle being the last time we play them in the Big East. We do get to play Seton Hall and Depaul though, so at least we have that.

I hear ya. I'm not going to miss UConn one bit. I suspect we won't schedule them in the future because we don't need to get face time in Hartford like we do in NYC, DC & Philly. Without games against SU and BC they will be stuck on an island like those Japanese soldiers from WWII. Slowly forgotten. I think the C7 might tell them to piss off too after they fell all over themselves trying to get out of the BE. I'm glad I'm not a UConn alum.

I hear ya. I'm not going to miss UConn one bit. I suspect we won't schedule them in the future because we don't need to get face time in Hartford like we do in NYC, DC & Philly. Without games against SU and BC they will be stuck on an island like those Japanese soldiers from WWII. Slowly forgotten. I think the C7 might tell them to piss off too after they fell all over themselves trying to get out of the BE. I'm glad I'm not a UConn alum.

Yeah, and they will never be convinced that the war is over. And they lost.