Bob Chesney | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

Define city ? Syracuse, Albany, Buffalo, Binghamton, Rochester, NYC ? I don't really get your point here. What does it matter? Is there a mileage radius?

There are 78 Class D schools that play lacrosse in NYS.

89 Class C schools

81 Class B schools

79 Class A schools

No, the issue is that if you live in a bigger market you get more exposure in those sports and chances to play.

So just for instance.. a class D school in bball is 118 kids a class d school in lax is 430..

So basically only schools in Class B or above are playing Lax for the most part but they play down to D in lax.

If you dont live in a decently large area you have no school sport to play and how many really go play lax if they cant play in HS.

Look at section Iv football there are 20+ D schools and 11 AA, A, B schools combined you have 2 C sized schools no Ds playing Lax. Thats a ton of kids who cant get into the sport over 50%.

There are 40 more schools above a D in Section 3 than in section IV.. Thats a huge difference in access to a sport.

Since no insiders seem to know anything I’m actually nervous because we’ve convinced ourselves it’s him, it won’t be.
OIP.mTlze6ElRyIIB1drCQ22sAAAAA

No, the issue is that if you live in a bigger market you get more exposure in those sports and chances to play.

So just for instance.. a class D school in bball is 118 kids a class d school in lax is 430..

So basically only schools in Class B or above are playing Lax for the most part but they play down to D in lax.

If you dont live in a decently large area you have no school sport to play and how many really go play lax if they cant play in HS.

Look at section Iv football there are 20+ D schools and 11 AA, A, B schools combined you have 2 C sized schools no Ds playing Lax. Thats a ton of kids who cant get into the sport over 50%.

There are 40 more schools above a D in Section 3 than in section IV.. Thats a huge difference in access to a sport.

The lacrosse classifications are whacked but I think that has more to do with giving small schools; legit class D schools, an opportunity to play the sport.

You kind of jumped topics. You originally said there was no value in travel/club sports and kids being regulated to D3 colleges.

Things are awfully quiet. We are coming into thanksgiving and wildhack is either using the silence to get business done or he’s waiting till Friday to resume things. I still think we have a coach early next week because the candidates available are quality and it’s very quiet w other peers not adding a hc….yet

Things are awfully quiet. We are coming into thanksgiving and wildhack is either using the silence to get business done or he’s waiting till Friday to resume things. I still think we have a coach early next week because the candidates available are quality and it’s very quiet w other peers not adding a hc….yet
No way he’s taking a break.

I’m curious to see the next round of contracts for coaches at schools like A&M. I’d like to think that the boomerang is on its way back and you’ll never see a ridiculous guaranteed contract like Jimbo got. But these boosters and athletic department at these huge schools are like crack addicts. They just can’t help themselves.

The lacrosse classifications are whacked but I think that has more to do with giving small schools; legit class D schools, an opportunity to play the sport.

You kind of jumped topics. You originally said there was no value in travel/club sports and kids being regulated to D3 colleges.
what I was trying to say is the majority of the kids playing at those lower level schools D3 is the goal. As I pointed out there are no D schools playing lacrosse in all of section Iv they are all B and a few C playing down to D. But you are right they made the classification broader so those at the bottom did not have to play against the much bigger schools.. But a 400 kid school is still way to big for most legit D schools to compete with when they are 2-3x bigger.

I have no idea on many kids in the C-D levels are going on to success above D3 in lax but those at that level in the other sports which also require the same level of commitment to club teams are not getting a ton of D1 shots.

And few Hockey kids are either.. The real good ones leave to go to the Juniors and such before they even get to HS..

It’s not an oversell. The people in the business of coaching think this is a no brainer. That rando fans don’t know what kind of coach he is because he coaches in a lesser league is not the demerit you think it is
Holy Cross is at the top of the FCS - about as close to FBS as possible. HC is a wealthy school but only has 3,000 students and no grad school (meaning no grad transfers in). The job he has done is remarkable.

Holy Cross is at the top of the FCS - about as close to FBS as possible. HC is a wealthy school but only has 3,000 students and no grad school (meaning no grad transfers in). The job he has done is remarkable.
Wildhack will hire him or someone else very shortly. I wouldn’t rule out bc if they lose next 2 in embarrassing fashion. Blake james didn’t hire Hafley

Wildhack will hire him or someone else very shortly. I wouldn’t rule out bc if they lose next 2 in embarrassing fashion. Blake james didn’t hire Hafley

I feel like Chip ends up at BC if he is fired this year. He can move back home and take a year off. Then not even move to be HC at BC in 2025.

This is a direct message to you clowns at the Holy Cross cross sports forum that believe the Mullen frontrunner news is somehow due to Chesney turning us down:

Chesney interviewed for Cuse and impressed, Syracuse boosters/admin just can’t reject the immediate “prime sanders effect” that a Mullen will have here (which is crucial to Syracuse in conference realignment times). From all accounts it would have been Chesney if Mullen hadn’t reached out and expressed interest (I’m fully aware that nothing is official yet). That being said, enjoy Chesney while you’ve got him because you’ve got a good one. And F BC.

This is a direct message to you clowns at the Holy Cross cross sports forum that believe the Mullen frontrunner news is somehow due to Chesney turning us down:

Chesney interviewed for Cuse and impressed, Syracuse boosters/admin just can’t reject the immediate “prime sanders effect” that a Mullen will have here (which is crucial to Syracuse in conference realignment times). From all accounts it would have been Chesney if Mullen hadn’t reached out and expressed interest (I’m fully aware that nothing is official yet). That being said, enjoy Chesney while you’ve got him because you’ve got a good one. And F BC.
Why bother justifying? Chesney is a good coach and I would’ve been happy with him. No question why you take Mullen over him though, everyone can see that.

This may be a rare situation where both bc and Syracuse get better and that’s good for both of us

The northeast being a factor kinda matters w the realignment talk. Even a push up in the rivalry with bc matters if Bob heads there.

Bc fans are angry about yesterday. They should hire Chesney pronto before the likes of a Mac team offer him 2x and then he jumps to the big in 3 years

Why bother justifying? Chesney is a good coach and I would’ve been happy with him. No question why you take Mullen over him though, everyone can see that.
Mullin is the choice. I trust the school that the banana stand is full of money to pay him.

I’m firmly Chesney as option 2 but I saw him as a start up pick.

Mullin should get us better if he’s all in and this is a job he realizes isn’t easy

They can’t apparently lmao

I’d take a guy like Chesney over a Mullen-type. Not trying to disparage Mullen who is accomplished, but I’ll take “young and hungry” over “fat and rich,” especially at a place like Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom