Bob Chesney | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

I really like Chesney but I think it's too big of a gamble. I'm gonna eat my words here and say that as much as I don't want White as the next coach, I'd prefer it, especially over someone who has no experience at this level.

Between the portal, NIL and the level of competition, Syracuse needs someone who has experience at the P4 level. Football IQ is important but you'll need someone who knows how to manage a team in this new world of college football.

This hire could have a significant impact on where Syracuse lands when the ACC collapses.

I look at it this way. Wildhack knows this HAS to be the one, his Neo and if he shoots and misses SU's football legacy may have ended on his watch. I trust John to get this right and if it's Chesney than I'm behind it or whoever he picks.

Hey guys, what did I miss?

Get the lighter fluid going. Time to light this one up. What sucks is if DM never was a thing I think the majority of people here would be really fired up about chesney. Ugh. It’s just tough to reignite the excitement flame when we used all of our fire wood for Mullen lol. This whole situation feels like the most “Syracuse” thing of all time

Get the lighter fluid going. Time to light this one up. What sucks is if DM never was a thing I think the majority of people here would be really fired up about chesney. Ugh. It’s just tough to reignite the excitement flame when we used all of our fire wood for Mullen lol. This whole situation feels like the most “Syracuse” thing of all time
Nah, this is good thing. It gave people perspective on what a real quality hire would look like, and how much of a punt it is to get an FCS guy instead of a hotshot coordinator or someone with high level HC experience.

I think we should remember there were a couple insiders saying they had no idea where the DM thing was coming from. So we don’t even know he was really a legit candidate in the first place. No leaked National news, like by Thamel.

Nah, this is good thing. It gave people perspective on what a real quality hire would look like, and how much of a punt it is to get an FCS guy instead of a hotshot coordinator or someone with high level HC experience.
Yeah…what about Holy Cross coach screams exciting?

Did the SU fan base spunking in its collective pants for Mullen ruin our chances with Chesney? Does ANYONE want to be the HC here?!

Good luck, my attitude towards this hire and SU as a whole have been a bit soured. I really hope whomever it is is a home run, but now I am numb to the process and honestly a little bitter.

I was not even on the Chesney train before, but I can get behind him. With the right staff, perhaps he will succeed? We need to cut ties if major improvements aren't visible by year 3 though.

Cortland state is having a heck of a year, might as well throw that guys name into the hat. Northeast guy, doesn't have to move right away, could recruit section 3 AND 4 what could go wrong?
I coached my kids pop Warner team to a regular season title (we were robbed in the playoffs) and I have just as much power 5 experience as Chesney? Just sayin?

If Chesney kept Nunzio and added Addazio (AHC/OL), that takes care of P4 level recruiting. It also adds a coach who has been around and knows the ACC.

Long needs to go. Chesney's DC has been good, no problem with him. But he needs a plan for a P4 level OC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom